Eternal - 1/6 Gentleman of Crime (Batman Returns Penguin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What they got wrong on the hands is that he’s not supposed to have any bones showing on his lower half of his hand, the bottom two fingers are meant to be thick “flippers” as he called it. They’re too thin and human like instead of a fused together mess like the special effects crew made them.

Last edited:
Since the head is that softer material do you think it’s possible to heat it up
and squish it down/re-Shape it a bit? Little wider - less elongated

Since the head is that softer material do you think it’s possible to heat it up
and squish it down/re-Shape it a bit? Little wider - less elongated

It will just go back to whatever its original shape was. Maybe a little wider. You won't get that pointed head or any better details.

That said, being soft means you can shape it to your liking somewhat. You could make it wider yourself by squishing it a bit. You'll need to "stuff" it inside though to hold the shape once it cools and resets.

I'm not sure what to do with that punched-in hair though. Thinning it will leave holes all over his head. Might be better to make the hat work OR find a better top hat on ebay (finding one that fits won't be easy though).

Are those the same two penguins as the old Horizon vinyl kit?
You can fill and sand the holes before repainting. I used to do this to get the hairline right on the old 12” toy biz Gandalf. I’ll likely do that and also run some paint through the hair to make it greasier. The hat might be salvageable too, with a little ironing, painting, water and starch. Overall everything I see is very workable. I’ll share photos once I have it.

They're not the same penguins. I used the Horizon kit to make a custom back in the day (link to my old site in the banner if you’re curious), and the penguins were different for sure. I wish this sculpt were even half as good as that old kit. I wonder if cutting the hat off the kit and dremeling it would work for this figure…

You can fill and sand the holes before repainting. I used to do this to get the hairline right on the old 12” toy biz Gandalf. I’ll likely do that and also run some paint through the hair to make it greasier. The hat might be salvageable too, with a little ironing, painting, water and starch. Overall everything I see is very workable. I’ll share photos once I have it.

They're not the same penguins. I used the Horizon kit to make a custom back in the day (link to my old site in the banner if you’re curious), and the penguins were different for sure. I wish this sculpt were even half as good as that old kit. I wonder if cutting the hat off the kit and dremeling it would work for this figure…

Yeah, I was thinking about filling the holes, but I'm just not sure how much effort I want to put into this Penguin -- being that I prefer the Mayor Penguin which will one day come from Mars.

Good ideas on the hat, and I agree -- I think it may be salvageable too. That's another reason I may just thin the hair somewhat and try to color it but not do a full plucking and re-gluing new hair on. The hat will hide most of it.

I loved that vinyl kit, still have mine boxed up somewhere. I feel like that hat will be too small for this figure but maybe it would work. Prefer a real-feel hat with a real ribbon.

While looking for hat alternatives, I noticed that it looks like he has two different hat styles in the film.

The prototype was more of the Major version while the cemetery scene his hat has a different shape brim and is more of an overall straight shape. Minimal but different - especially in the brim.

So in a way the final garbage hat we got, like the onsie is more screen accurate. I noticed the hands too were not that far off as first thought but see we have already discussed that.

Just another reason to praise their work in this one 😀

Attachments

• images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 0
  • images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    11.5 KB · Views: 0
It ain't a total train wreck some product and styling and you can get better top hats on eBay for around $10. Sculpt definitely is a down grade but not unusable like people are saying.

For the price I'm quite happy, not like we have any other penguins on the market at this price.

My only real concern is how to pad the outfit as it seems stitched shut.
Yeah I ordered it I just watched the video review what can you do? That's the chance to take when you do pre-orders and pull the trigger, you either try to fix it up or keep it the way it is in your collection or get rid of it right what else could you do, but I got the Dragon toys Mr Freeze on the way and then I just saw the so-so toys debating on whether the pre-order that one too, I don't know I just don't know. I will figure it out though

It's not looking any better to me in Breda's review, but like others I'm starting to see the potential a bit more now.

Which I guess means I've moved into the "Acceptance" phase. 😄
Just view this as a $150 outfit/body/accessories pack and I think you'll find accepting it to be much easier. :lol

They completely botched the sculpt and even the hat imo, especially compared to what they advertised with the prototype, which looked incredible. At least the rest looks decent enough?

I'm glad for those who are happier seeing the video.
I have to agree that it certainly looks better in the video than the pictures... but when you look at the prototype its still a pretty substantial drop in quality.
I understand what people are saying its decent "for the price..." "for third party" but the truth is that if they advertised this as it has turned out not as many people would have ordered [including myself] and when people say "what can you expect for xyz" it makes me a little annoyed as in my opinion what we should expect is what was advertised or as close to it as possible - when that isnt the case people have a right to be upset and cancel.

I think you have nailed it there. The bait and switch they have done here has made the final product look worse then it is and rightly so upset us all.

Hardly the actions of a company looking to have a long term future.

Once that anger subsides it will be an interesting figure over the next year or so to revisit and see it without the emotion plus to see what everyone does to improve it.

No they are definitely a no go again.

Mars I still on board with and sounds like SooSoo is a pretty safe bet for Mr Ice based on their previous work and feedback on here

Yes, production downgrade. Yes 3rd party. But this one is not in relation for me.
With Inart Gandalf incoming, I had to cancel it...

Back