Eternal - 1/6 Gentleman of Crime (Batman Returns Penguin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was bitter sweet paying that invoice, but I have a suspicion that even out of the box he'll be quite effective once he's on display.

Seems to be a new body type as well. The only one like it that came to mind was the Worldbox AT018:

View attachment 667140

Penguin is shorter than the AT018 judging by the line up photo, and probably fatter, so there's value in the body considering the Worldbox costs over £50.

Line up spoilered because they all have their plastic winkies out. :lol

Too tall?

Don't judge the Gandalf figure too harshly when you put it next to Penguin OK? Just remember InArts have done the best with what they have.
That was another thing I was thinking, with this being as it is, I really don't want to magnify it with opening it next to Gandalf. Though Maybe I will just for ***** and giggles. 😆

How much was this at 1/6 Kit?

I got an invoice and it's confusing and doesn't make sense - want to make sure the math adds up.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone does with it. I think a really good repaint of the sculpt + rerooted hair would do it wonders but that's an entirely big task in itself.

Last edited:
I don't know how long it will take Mars to put up their own Penguin, nor how long it will take before its actually in hand, but all I do know is I will have a Devito Penguin on the 10th anniversary of Hot Toys lie about this "coming soon" back in 2013.

I've waited long enough. For those cost-counters out there, that's putting aside $17.30 a year for the last 10 years.

I don't know how long it will take Mars to put up their own Penguin, nor how long it will take before its actually in hand, but all I do know is I will have a Devito Penguin on the 10th anniversary of Hot Toys lie about this "coming soon" back in 2013.

I've waited long enough. For those cost-counters out there, that's putting aside $17.30 a year for the last 10 years.
I thought the Returns announcement was in December '12.

I thought the Returns announcement was in December '12.

I'm pretty sure it was 2013.

I remember I had recently started a new job that year, and reading the news on the computer in my new office. Feeling a sense of relief that my collection might finally one day be "complete," as expensive custom figures had been the only way to go if I wanted a full Keaton Batman line.

Just now playing BR in the background in anticipation of Pengy and realized he was wearing a smoking jacket of sorts in his first appearance shots with Max. Now I want a smoking jacket for mine. And Fred’s hand. 😄

Yeah, that's the only other real outfit change he has -- sort of like Freeze's robe and Riddler's jazzy velvet jacket, only one scene in the movie.

I like the fish all over the robe, but the odd color (red and green velvet maybe?) and the lack of use in the film sort of drop it to the bottom for me... whereas the Freeze Polar robe is my fav look for Arnold (maybe because he's so kooky it just fits better).

The Batman Returns "line" was announced in Jan 2012.
Batman wasn't seen until 2014, went up for PO in 2015 and released in 2016.
1696451979507.png

Back