Eternal - 1/6 Gentleman of Crime (Batman Returns Penguin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, Mars would definitely be the safest option for this. With them having multiple Batman lines in the works, it would be shocking to let one of them drop as drastically as this, tainting their reputation and trust in the rest of the line.
I dunno. Yeah, Mars had one really good release with the first Joker but the other two variants weren’t all that great. Mars needs to release more to prove themselves to me.

I dunno. Yeah, Mars had one really good release with the first Joker but the other two variants weren’t all that great. Mars needs to release more to prove themselves to me.
I agree 100% also how I feel about IA at the moment. But this Eternal figure came out of nowhere, at least Mars shows progress on sculpts on IG.

It’s rather difficult to have faith off of prototypes shown from any new company.

Last edited:
Here's all the basic Penguin looks:

Penguin STYLE.jpg

I think I can get a decent Sewer Penguin out of this... maybe ultimately replacing the head one day with Mars 2nd head. I do like the hypnotic umbrella... and it can cover alot of this bird (turd) if need be.

My personal favorite look for the Penguin was never in the movie, just the initial ad campaign poster...

icon 1.jpg

Pale and spooky...

I almost wonder how much it would be to commission a custom sculpt. I think this could be the base for a decent sewer version.

Maybe you can grab one of these black umbrellas from eBay and paint the handle gold to get replicate that photo Wor.

CBD86800-18EA-45A1-98A6-67BF99E88638.jpeg

7F2A70ED-34D6-4651-B669-DF8F7CD327D8.jpeg

I actually have an umbrella similar to that I got some time ago in early anticipation of getting a Penguin custom. I think I was considering one of Sdabbs Penguins.

If Mars does decide to make the Mayoral suit, all you’d need from it would be the cigarette holder (if theirs has a longer cigarette) the eye glass, hat, tie, & black umbrella.

If Mars does decide to make the Mayoral suit, all you’d need from it would be the cigarette holder (if theirs has a longer cigarette) the eye glass, hat, tie, & black umbrella.

Yep... that's actually an interesting idea, to make that poster Penguin.

I'd be fine using the hypno-umbrella -- keeps to the black-and-white style of the poster but adds a little pizzazz. It really gets down to just adding that Mayoral cravat. This offering gives you the cigarette holder. No one includes the monocle because Pengy only had it on in one scene so I'd have to make that anyway. But I could certainly repaint that head pale white pretty easy. The Eternal hat may even work, need to see that in hand. In the poster you can barely make out that he's actually wearing the sewer robe (you can see the furry pockets and edge of the collar), so that's also covered.

Just need that cravat and then take some very dark photos.

Yes monocle, thank you.
I’d say repaint the entire head with a thin white paint covering the pink eyes and black sludge around the mouth, then redo the black eye makeup with very thin layers of black so the white still peeks through. As for the hair, you’d have to strip it completely and rehair it, thankfully his hair would be quite forgiving for someone not experienced in that. May be worried about the holes left from the hair punching process though.

Good idea on the paint. I've done very little hairing in my time -- a few wisps here and there. Not sure I feel confident to strip him bald and rehair. I know I'd get the glue everywhere. But I would take a crack at thinning the hair and trying to get it a more grayish color. The hat could probably hide most of it; just pull forward a few key strands.

I'm liking this idea.

Thanks for sharing!
I have to say however, that for a third party, priced at $180, we can’t have high expectations.
I have waited years for a Returns Penguin in 1/6 scale, and this, even with all the faults, will fulfill that gap until a better one comes in.
You're welcome~
Sculpt looks better at certain angles for sure.
Hat's meh but that Umbrella makes it. So happy that works.

It ain't a total train wreck some product and styling and you can get better top hats on eBay for around $10. Sculpt definitely is a down grade but not unusable like people are saying.

For the price I'm quite happy, not like we have any other penguins on the market at this price.

My only real concern is how to pad the outfit as it seems stitched shut.

Back