Eternal - 1/6 Gentleman of Crime (Batman Returns Penguin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Under a bigger hat
Hatception

giphy.gif

Well... yeah.

Thank you to Kit for providing some more photos. For me, it looks better. Happy to see some kind of texture in the onesie. I'll have to trust what Breda and Kit seem to indicate -- in hand, it's not so bad.

And as many here have suggested, some work will be needed -- plucking out some hair, a gray wash on the face, maybe new boots if they can be found (I looked, nothing on ebay yet) -- but I do believe you can make a serviceable Sewer Penguin (sans hat). I think many of us took as much work on Wez or Mad Max. This one, yes, will take work...

Glad to hear Breda review will be up by this evening for me (PST). I really need to see this 'live'.

Really glad I waited for Mars now. They might take ages but pretty sure we'll get at least a great figure in the end. Best case scenario it's as amazing as the prank villain, worst case it's merely good.

Wow, that photo was so dark on my screen that I didn't even realize that the shape of the prototype hat is completely gone now.

Yeah, sad about the hat.

The hat looks like soft-goods rather than sculpted (like the proto) so there might be a way to tweak it and give it some shape. Either simply pinching it or even literally re-stitching it inside like one would a sleeve to narrow it.

Someone may have pointed this out already, but shouldn’t the penguin commandos have little helmets with mind control antennas?

To get that whispy look I'm thinking I'll pull all that stick hair. Then rehair it myself. The stock hair does look like too much and brown? I'll replace with black tibetan lambs fur.

Looking forward to checking the figure out in hand!
Yeah those hair plugs are hideous and I don't see any way of hiding that with gel or whatever.

It's weird they decided to convert the head to silicone with punched in hair, as I imagine it wouldn't have taken the factory any longer simply to glue on some wispy black hair. And unfortunately as a result we ended up losing a ton of detail in the sculpt.

Yep, definitely an option as Mars will likely include two head sculpts.

I'm thinking to make this Eternal like the image of Penguin rising from the water with the green sludge that spills from his nose down his white onesie. A really gross, filthy Penguin. It's either that or trying to make the Party Crasher version work but both the coat and hat just are not satisfactory.

I suppose the umbrella could hide a lot of the problems if properly placed.

Back