Eternal - 1/6 Gentleman of Crime (Batman Returns Penguin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks ok in Breda’s pic. The paint appears to have suffered quite a bit from proto to production but it’s only one pic so we’ll see.

IMG_8676.jpeg

IMG_8677.jpeg

It kind of looks like the face shrunk inwards too whereas the proto seems more plump and wide.
I think that might just be the angle, in the top picture the chin is angled down whereas in Breda's picture the head is tilted up so you can see the neck and under the chin.

The way I look at it is we won’t get another Penguin for a long time. Sure Mars might do one but who knows when it will actually release.
Agreed, it is also better looking than other custom made ones I have seen apart from ones that cost $1000s.

The non coated one in the photo looks like it would benefit from some posing work to lose the pinhead look. Get him facing down, hair around him and raise the shoulders a little to get him sunken down a bit more.

Look forward to seeing more pics. It's a more of a downgrade than I was hoping but at this stage I think I will be keeping it. It's not a disaster by any means.

The two penguins look good to me too👌

Last edited:
Disappointed.

The head looks small, paint too warm and healthy, the body has lost a lot of girth, the underwear has no texture anymore, the bib is gigantic, and boots look cheap.

And there's something off about the mouth, like its warped, or maybe its the way the teeth are painted.

It is just one picture so hopefully others will clarify some of these assumptions... but at the moment I'm disappointed.

It's better than what hot toys have given us 😂
I wonder if by silicone it's like the premier toys sculpt that was like a rubber material.

I think adding a bit more paddling to this will definitely help, for the price I wasn't expecting it to match the proto at this point just happy to see this done.

Last edited:
Just noticed the proto boots showed real laces on the boots... and now they're cheap plastic mold of Hasbro level.

Also, although I appreciate the real ribbon added to the hat, it has lost its great shape and now just looks oversized.

Serious drop-off in promised quality for sure.

Yeah... I've heard the bait-and-switch term alot over the years but never really felt it... until now.

Still... hoping there's enough good here to make a suitable "sewer Penguin", perhaps a final Penguin who's all messed up and leaking green sludge. The dirtier the better on this one.

This just might solidify a Mars Toys version if it’s actually a stinker in hand. I’m not sure I even want to mess with it now.

Cancel? I suppose, why throw good money after bad. But I'm not ready to cancel yet.

Goes to show, 3rd Party is not the savior of 1/6th.

Certainly, either way, Mars will make a DeVito Penguin -- maybe even a two-pack with both versions (Mayor and Sewer) as well as individuals.
This purchase was always a "just in case/shelf warmer".

Back