eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple more pics of the EFX Scout helmet:

efx_gap.jpg

efx.jpg

I don’t even want the Legend version any more if there’s a chance it will look like some of the Limited versions we’ve seen. :slap

This is what Gino from EFX posted over at the RPF.

Sorry but to me this is just excuse after excuse and I don’t think it justifies the wait or the end result.

Hey man don't speak for me.
Is the helmet an absolute perfect replica? Of course not.
Always knew it wasn't going to be from the start and knowing we were doing them in fiberglass. Certain compromises just had to be made. Period.
Less compromises could have been made if the visor did not have to lift up, but then people would complain about that. This helmet presented unique challenges way more severe than any other SW helmet we could have picked so to me it's amazing that it actually made it thought production at all. Don Post tried and failed and understandably so.
I don't have a production helmet in hand to assess some of these latest concerns. Some of the criticisms I've read are just silly and some could be credible. The gap on top was intentional as there needed to be plenty of clearance when the visor is put into the 'up' position so that it wouldn't scrape against the top of the helmet. You can get away with this with plastic, but not fiberglass.
On the masters I submitted, only enough material was removed to give proper clearance. So anyone with one in hand, take a look at the gap and see how much there is once you are swinging the visor open. It was intended to be only enough to ensure clearance.
Either way, to me even the potentially credible ones still appear to be very minor in the grand scheme of things and 90% of the customers this was geared towards will be ecstatic once they have it. And they should because it's still a beautiful helmet regardless of what I would consider to be minor issues.

Sorry but to me this is just excuse after excuse and I don’t think it justifies the wait or the end result.

They shouldn't have bothered with the flip up part if they couldn't execute it -- I would think a helmet that looks more correct and closes correctly on the sides would be more important for 1:1 replica collectors. :dunno

They shouldn't have bothered with the flip up part if they couldn't execute it -- I would think a helmet that looks more correct and closes correctly on the sides would be more important for 1:1 replica collectors. :dunno

It’s not even a valid excuse. I’d say it’s more to do with the visor than the material. It just constructed poorly.

Unfortunately, I’m no longer interested in the Legend version after all this time and seeing how some of the Limited versions turned out. I’m holding out for RS to do more.

I'd be embarrassed to show anyone this in it's current state. And I'd be feeling mighty pissed if I had have paid $599 plus shipping to receive this very average "garage kit."

It's the most poorly executed "high-end" SW collectible I can remember.

Yikes, is that what an actual employee of that company said?

"Less compromises could have been made if the visor did not have to lift up, but then people would complain about that. This helmet presented unique challenges way more severe than any other SW helmet we could have picked so to me it's amazing that it actually made it thought production at all. Don Post tried and failed and understandably so."

Something tells me pre-orders for this item were done well in advance of compromises being made and it actually making it through production at all. From the stories I've been told about how poor their customer service is in regards to refunding customers after ridiculously long wait times, why is anybody actually still ordering through this company/ giving a **** what they're showcasing at conventions when 80% of the stuff they reveal never sees the light of day?

Back