E-Web Cannon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly don't think it looks that great. It looks a lot like the Kenner toy, cheap black plastic. For half the cost I would still have trouble justifying this purchase.

I never liked the Snowtrooper's face piece, the eyes look too squinty or something. I would prefer a new version as opposed to just a rerelease if they put out another Snowtrooper. Too bad SSC killed the Hoth vibe with the terrible Han/Luke faces, I was all in until I saw those production pieces and passed on everything Hoth.

I own the e-web, and had to go out of my way to get it, lucky you guys.

It's a great piece like Ton Ton said, if you have two snowies it's going to look great. I usually like to display three figures together, or two figures and an environment piece. It is a bit delicate around the leg greeblies, so just be careful. I love it in my display. Brings the feel of a Hoth assault without needing a huge AT-AT or something.

You guys got lucky this time! Makes me question the "limited" idea of these pieces though. I think it's great all my pals can now get these, but kinda sucks for those who already own it. Ah well, I mean it's not about owning something that someone else can't get, it's about fun and star wars so it's all good.

Yeah, re-issues are a bum deal for those who paid high after market prices for these pieces. On the other hand, it's really great for those who didn't get it the first time around. I snagged one on the aftermarket for a straight up $150 shipped so I got lucky.

As for those questioning it's price point, you really have to see it in person. It's not some cheap Hasbro accessory like it looks. Once you get it in had you're like "Oh, that's why it costs this much".

This E-Web Cannon is actually really nice. I traded mine off a while back because of space limitations, but along side a couple of Snowtroopers, this thing is real nice. Not cheap, but well done.

It's a great piece like Ton Ton said, if you have two snowies it's going to look great. I usually like to display three figures together, or two figures and an environment piece. It is a bit delicate around the leg greeblies, so just be careful. I love it in my display. Brings the feel of a Hoth assault without needing a huge AT-AT or something.

You guys got lucky this time! Makes me question the "limited" idea of these pieces though. I think it's great all my pals can now get these, but kinda sucks for those who already own it. Ah well, I mean it's not about owning something that someone else can't get, it's about fun and star wars so it's all good.

What a lovely, generous post.

Yeah, this is certainly seeming like desperation or an end-game run by Sideshow now, even though I'm happy for the opportunity to buy it at retail price again - and the fact it means they're also reissuing the Snowie at around its original retail. What's really interesting is how old the snowie is (announced almost 4 years ago) and it'll be the first reissued figure from the $150 or lower pricepoint - if they reissued say Hammerhead at close to what he was originally ($120), it would be a stellar deal even at $20-30 more in today's market.

I always love to re-read Michael's reviews because his words about price are funny in retrospect. Here's what he said about Hammerhead's $120 in 2011: "Value - ** This is getting more and more subjective, I fear.... I’d be happier if Sideshow released a figure like this for $80-90, sure, but at the current price I’m not feeling robbed." As Yoda said - "You will be, you will be...":lol

One question for those who own this e-Web - are the legs/gun height adjustable? The one issue I had with it visually is it seemed a bit too low in some pics, with snowies almost on their knees to use it.

Well I don't think Hot Toys will ever make one of these so I better pick this up while I can. Fingers crossed Hot Toys makes some snow troopers to go along with this.

The height is fine though! a little bend to the knee like he's bracing himself while holding it as you would do so with a heavy blaster, looks natural.

Sideshow-Collectibles-Star-Wars--Sixth-Scale-Figure-Environment-E-Web-Heavy-Repeating-Blaster-20.jpg

Sideshow-Collectibles-Star-Wars--Sixth-Scale-Figure-Environment-E-Web-Heavy-Repeating-Blaster-19.jpg

technically you could pose him on knee holding the e-web, I think that's silly, but a google search did show me what you were worried about... I would have never thought to do that.

review_ewebblast_1.jpg

Snow2.jpg

Looking at the actual e-web.. it seems to be the right height, looks good to me at least.
kurtzanddiamondesb.jpeg

E-WEB.jpg

DSCN2096.JPG

Tempted by this. Local shop will not get it until next year so I have time to consider.

Great reference shots, JCFETT!

It is really nice. Took a couple pics today. I've considered selling it a couple times since it's been boxed up for a while and it's a pretty tight fit in the detolf.

DSC_0024.jpg
DSC_0022.jpg
DSC_0008.jpg
DSC_0021.jpg
DSC_0003.jpg

Great shots, TonTon! Shows that people who think this is a Hasbro toy are looking at tiny pics. Looks awesome detail and finish-wise.

The height is fine though! a little bend to the knee like he's bracing himself while holding it as you would do so with a heavy blaster, looks natural.

It seems like the SSC cannon lines up with the middle of the codpiece (with snowie standing up straight and cannon barrel level) whereas the prop looks like the barrel comes up to the little rectangular center indent in the chest armor (based on the B&W pic with the neutral poses.) So the SSC sits maybe 1" too low.

Though it actually looks like it's simply a matter of the SSC legs being sculpted in a wider stance than the prop one is in. The prop's legs look to be more vertical while the SSC legs are more angled/splayed out. It would have been nice if the legs had some minor adjustment (it's amazing how much articulation they got into the Probot) to raise or lower it as needed but it's still an awesome piece and very accurate.

Back