E-Web Cannon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I paid 150.00 through Amazon and not eBay prices. Then I would be pissed at the re-release. At least they can't release it with less and charge more like they did with Fett.

It's a great piece. If you have enough Snowtroopers, it's worth picking up.

I also do not think it is too small.

2016-04-17 10.02.36.jpg

Watch ssc put the snowtroopers up for $150. Then people buy loads at this now bargain price. What happens when the 2000 e-webs sell out? Another 2000? Why in hell would they list an edition size anyway when the whole point of these reissues is to pocket more money and pi$$ on the relative scarcity of the previous releases.

Cool but pointless without a Snow Trooper. I'm hoping (like others are) this means a reissue of the Dewback.

Cool but pointless without a Snow Trooper. I'm hoping (like others are) this means a reissue of the Dewback.
I don't see how they could reissue the Dewback..the Dewback was individually numbered so any they release now will demean the fact that they were limited edition...but I guess that means nothing to sideshow these days.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I don't see how they could reissue the Dewback..the Dewback was individually numbered so any they release now will demean the fact that they were limited edition...but I guess that means nothing to sideshow these days.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I can't see how an edition number would stop them from re-releasing the Dewback. And what do we see in the Rogue One trailer - sandtroopers. So I can't imagine the filmmakers would not show a dewback in the background. It's all about nods to the OT.

And re: the e-web, there is something pretty significant that people have missed and it's probably bad news. The description of the re-release deletes any reference to Snowtroopers (that ARE mentioned in the original e-web release description.)

My guess is now that there will NOT be a re-release of the Snowtrooper :)gah:) and that the e-web is definitely used by troopers in Rogue One. So this re-release - timed to the release of Rogue One - is not related to Hoth.

Original release:

"Sideshow Collectibles is proud to present the E-Web Heavy Repeating Blaster Sixth Scale weapon. Featuring a portable power generator with conduit hose, the Imperial army's powerful blaster can be positioned up and down or from side to side, to create a custom display, the perfect complement to the Snowtrooper Sixth Scale Figure, the newest entry in the Militaries of Star Wars Sixth Scale collection."

Re-release:

"Sideshow Collectibles is proud to present the E-Web Heavy Repeating Blaster Sixth Scale weapon. Featuring a portable power generator with conduit hose, the Imperial Army's powerful blaster can be positioned up and down or from side to side, to create a custom display, the perfect complement to any Star Wars Imperial Army trooper sixth scale collection."

^ nice catch. What a difference a sentence makes. If this holds true I wonder if the RO cannon is completely identical to ESB.

I can see revisiting this in late November or December, if there has been a re-release of the snowie. If not, it'll be a pass - as it is now.

Yeah, I can't see how an edition number would stop them from re-releasing the Dewback. And what do we see in the Rogue One trailer - sandtroopers. So I can't imagine the filmmakers would not show a dewback in the background. It's all about nods to the OT.

And re: the e-web, there is something pretty significant that people have missed and it's probably bad news. The description of the re-release deletes any reference to Snowtroopers (that ARE mentioned in the original e-web release description.)

My guess is now that there will NOT be a re-release of the Snowtrooper :)gah:) and that the e-web is definitely used by troopers in Rogue One. So this re-release - timed to the release of Rogue One - is not related to Hoth.

Original release:

"Sideshow Collectibles is proud to present the E-Web Heavy Repeating Blaster Sixth Scale weapon. Featuring a portable power generator with conduit hose, the Imperial army's powerful blaster can be positioned up and down or from side to side, to create a custom display, the perfect complement to the Snowtrooper Sixth Scale Figure, the newest entry in the Militaries of Star Wars Sixth Scale collection."

Re-release:

"Sideshow Collectibles is proud to present the E-Web Heavy Repeating Blaster Sixth Scale weapon. Featuring a portable power generator with conduit hose, the Imperial Army's powerful blaster can be positioned up and down or from side to side, to create a custom display, the perfect complement to any Star Wars Imperial Army trooper sixth scale collection."

That's great detective work, but it could also refer to HT Snowtroopers, could have been left open because they're not quite ready to announce a rerelease of the SSC Snowtroopers (perhaps until the HT TFA snowtroopers sell through) or has simply been rephrased because we'll see other kinds of troopers using the cannon in RO.

That's great detective work, but it could also refer to HT Snowtroopers, could have been left open because they're not quite ready to announce a rerelease of the SSC Snowtroopers (perhaps until the HT TFA snowtroopers sell through) or has simply been rephrased because we'll see other kinds of troopers using the cannon in RO.

Given the way SSC did a re-release of their Vader before the HT Vader hit, I think if SSC knew HT Snowies were coming, they would re-release their own snowies now.

I think the reason they maybe won't re-release their snowies is that they'd have to jack the price so much it would draw a lot of anger (same old figure, $40 more.) It was a $150 figure - they'd have to jack it up to closer to at least $180-190 to bring it in line with TIE Pilot or ATAT driver. Any new Imperial would be in the $210+ range. At least SSC Fett was in that $180 ballpark to begin with.

If we go that route, how about releasing Hoth Han and Luke with decent sculpts/paint applications on Temple of Doom Indy level at least.

If we go that route, how about releasing Hoth Han and Luke with decent sculpts/paint applications on Temple of Doom Indy level at least.
Sculpts aren't bad, though they may have been distorted by the eye system. Just release the heads for all the folks who already bought them. :lol

Sculpts aren't bad, though they may have been distorted by the eye system. Just release the heads for all the folks who already bought them. :lol

Yeah, I'd love to see a repaint of Han and Luke Hoth - I do really think it's the pancake paint (covering finer sculpt detail) and slightly odd dark purplish-brown skin tone that affected it as much as the eyes, and maybe with a repaint you could do a tiny sliver of the eye as eyelid top and bottom, possibly fixing the issue.

1. The thing is nothing like Hasbro
2. The Rebel Scum photos don't show the legs at full extension - the gun naturally sits lower than shown in their photos
3. If you can stop the feet from sliding out, you can control the height of the gun somewhat
4. Nice piece - but not accurate (at all, not even close) to the prop in most details/areas (got mine as partial payment for some work)

I have mine in process of adding internal wiring. Flashing blue-tinted lighting inside the battery box and red LED in the sight. Neither inspired by the movie, I just though it would look nice on the shelf. Wiring to the gun runs inside the rubber hose (that was a *****).

Last edited:
Back