DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
the product is what it is. either you're happy with it or not. can't you guys just return it to the stores you bought it from and get your refund? not sure how talking to HT will solve anything since they are such an isolated company compared to Sideshow.

I am pretty sure this is not how it is suppose to be by design nor definition. Just like the paint peeling was addressed this residue surfacing should and hopefully will be addressed. It is talking to HT that resolved the first batch problems with this DX02 so why would it not be the case for this issue?
Again I would be perfectly content to keep the bat if they tell me that in their investigation the source of the oils is not from the rubber but the TT and it will eventually subside and there will be no damage to the rubber suit in the long run. If that is not the case then a refund or exchange will have to be done as the product is faulty in the end. They do it for paint peeling and crooked heads so what makes this different?

I could easily exchange a brand new one with my local retailer, but will that solve the problem??? There's a high chance that the new one I get will have the same oily problem and it's kinda pointless to keep exchanging for a new one, only to end up with the same problem. Also, it wouldn't be fair to my local retailer to keep doing exchanges or refunds...because it ain't their fault.

I love this figure really, but having to wipe or dab the oil every few hours is kinda stupid. Like what MaulFan said, I believe most of us want to own this figure & enjoy it.

It's really hard for us to enjoy the figure with the oil problem and no official statement/solution from Hot Toys. Seriously, if they told me that they can't fix it, I will even accept that as an excuse. But until they decide to own up that it's their fault or give us a proper solution, I will keep trying to get HT to solve the problem.

Hot Toys is begining to lose a lot of credibility with this figure. But like i've said with a lot of these big companies. No matter how much they messed up and how bad their CS and PR relations are people will still buy their products. So yeah all of those who have bought the DX02 and those who will buy it in the future, myself included, will probably end up buying more HT figures in the future. So to them this is a minor set back. So instead of fixing this big problem they're probably going to brush it under the rug and cover it up with another hot item like the new Iron Man figures coming up and this mysterious DX03 figure. I pray I'm wrong and I'm sure a lot of you will disagree with me but thats just MHO.

Ah that's what it is sold here as :p I think my woman picks this up in Asia cause its a lot cheaper? :p BTW something I should have tested but any oil trapped in the sheet under between the upper and lower body suit?
Cleaned my bats last night again. one of them (the worse one) is just as bad but the other seems to have less oil now?

A pack of the oil control film costs USD $ 2.32 (XE Calculator) after conversion.

I've checked between the suit and the body and it seems dry.

Looking at the areas where the oil appears, I'm thinking that the problem might not be the rubber from the suit, but from the "carbon fibre plates".

Maybe its some kind of chemical reaction causing the paint (oil-based) to break down/desolve?

I've checked between the suit and the body and it seems dry.

Looking at the areas where the oil appears, I'm thinking that the problem might not be the rubber from the suit, but from the "carbon fibre plates".

Maybe its some kind of chemical reaction causing the paint (oil-based) to break down/desolve?

So we can rule out the residue coming from the TT itself which was the claim of the guy who shampooed his DX02. So we are back to residue originating from the suit itself. Question is what can we do to determine which part it exactly is coming from :(

Tonight during cleaning I attempted to use compressed air to dry the abs and the residue would not reduce. When aiming the can downwards some of the compressed air in liquid form came squirting out which is very cold and the residue would reduce or even dissapear instantly in parts. The residue did not reappear in the time frame I observed it and I was not able to draw as much oil either even under pressure using the oil clean sheets
Not going to put my bat in the freezer but this could explain why out of the box most DX02 are oilfree

it's terrible that all this experimentation and speculation is left up to us the fans. what about making a statement Hot Toys?, have some respect for your fan base for gods sake!

Guys I am 100% convinced it comes from the Kevlar parts of the figure that are covered over. The part under the abs covered by the belt (Which rises up into the abs) and the arm parts covered by the the shoulder pads.

Guys I am 100% convinced it comes from the Kevlar parts of the figure that are covered over. The part under the abs covered by the belt (Which rises up into the abs) and the arm parts covered by the the shoulder pads.

I suppose that is why mine didn't leak when I took the belt off. Maybe write to hot toys about this?

I hope we'll hear something from Jeff Parker and/ or hot toys about this soon.

Hot Toys is begining to lose a lot of credibility with this figure.

LMAO -- yeah, with this one piece, they will be done.

Onward to the next hot release, many will buy and HT will continue to churn out products that people will scoop up. Business as usual...

LMAO -- yeah, with this one piece, they will be done.

Onward to the next hot release, many will buy and HT will continue to churn out products that people will scoop up. Business as usual...

I don't agree. Of course many will buy the next HT, but their reputation is being damaged. Fans who would previously have jumped head first in to a pre-order on a figure they didn't even really want that badly, will pause for thought. Personally I buy Hot Toys because I am a HT fan, I love the quality, the craftsmanship even on a license that I don't particularly care about. For example the Terminator Salvation figures, crap movie, amazing toys. it used to be enough to know you were receiving an incredible product. That is the area of their sales which could be hurt the most. No one is saying they are going to go out of business because of oil on the chest of a Batman figure, but for a company on the way up, this bad press is just bad news. I for one will wait for feedback from fans before ordering DX03.
Before this DX02 stupidity I would have pre-ordered blind. That is the difference that this makes, that is the damage that is being done by their stubborn silence.

I will definitely be more choosy in future when it comes to buying Hot Toys products. Especially if the figure is going to me out of rubber suits.

I don't know if I am as sure as you are, but it definitely makes sense. It seems as if the paint that was used to represent the kevlar/carbon fiber/whatever on the lower abs may not let the oil breath as much. Almost as if it was applied before the rubber of the suit had fully cured. I am also not sure that it has any long time problems for the rubber. The paint is another story however.

maybe its liquified lead? :lol

i don't think they necessarily need to make an explanation. this isn't toyota with a faulty vehicle that could kill people. its just a toy product.

vote with your wallet, return the item, and be wary of future HT products...I think a verbal apology is nice, but is it owed when the customers refuse to return the items?

What do you mean "refuse to return the items"?
Hot Toys have not offered any return facility for this problem.
Maybe locals who bought their DXs in the official shop, but thats it.

Not sure if anyone actually paid attention to my recommendations regarding the placement of a thin sliver of sponge between the chest and leg armor, but I'm going on 5 days without a drop of oil, not even on the lower plates that touch the belt.

What do you mean "refuse to return the items"?
Hot Toys have not offered any return facility for this problem.
Maybe locals who bought their DXs in the official shop, but thats it.

if you bought a SSC item from Alterego and it was broken, wouldn't you have to return it to Alterego? Isn't this the same for HT? Send it back to the store you bought it from, demand a refund and let the store deal with Hot Toys.

Not sure if anyone actually paid attention to my recommendations regarding the placement of a thin sliver of sponge between the chest and leg armor, but I'm going on 5 days without a drop of oil, not even on the lower plates that touch the belt.

I must have missed that.. I dunno how ppl do it, so much to read :(
what is the silver sponge made of?

if you bought a SSC item from Alterego and it was broken, wouldn't you have to return it to Alterego? Isn't this the same for HT? Send it back to the store you bought it from, demand a refund and let the store deal with Hot Toys.

Most people buy HT products from the net. This is a manufacturing problem. They have said that only products bought in their official store will be covered.

They know the problem is widespread.

Most people buy HT products from the net. This is a manufacturing problem. They have said that only products bought in their official store will be covered.

They know the problem is widespread.

if you bought it from a legitimate e-retailer they will most likely let you return a defective product. i wouldn't do business with them if they didn't.

Back