DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Not sure if anyone actually paid attention to my recommendations regarding the placement of a thin sliver of sponge between the chest and leg armor, but I'm going on 5 days without a drop of oil, not even on the lower plates that touch the belt.

Only problem is, that can't cure the bicep armor leak.

My DX Batman had a tiny bit of leaking taking place when I first got him a few weeks ago but it seems to have stopped now. My Batman was displayed in quite a cold place, but I don't know if that had any affect or not. The amount of leaking probably just varies between figures and I was lucky to get one with only a minor leaking problem.

A *sliver* of a sponge, not silver. :lol It's just a makeup sponge, found at pretty much any drug store or department store.

oopsy :eek:

oh so is it possible that that sponge actually is absorbing the residue and hence none surfaces? So your Bat may have a gutt again then? :p

It really hasn't been a good release this has it. Since the other thread seems pretty stagnant with this fiasco.

Well I think the attitude is either "it sucks, I want it fixed" or "it sucks, I'll live with it", it's not getting the "wow, what an awesome figure" reception it could be if it shipped problem free. I was enjoying the hell out of it the first few days before the problem set in, probably would still have that enthusiasm going now but this problem makes the figure look ugly and broken to me, takes all the joy out. I'll probably contact Toys2 tomorrow or Thursday and see if they've heard anything from HT since they should be back to normal operation this week.

I was enjoying the hell out of it the first few days before the problem set in, probably would still have that enthusiasm going now but this problem makes the figure look ugly and broken to me, takes all the joy out.

Ouch. Can totally understand that feeling.
Really hope HT can iron this out for everyone who has had affected figures.

Before this figure was released I was looking forward to pages and pages worth of photos, gushing, excitement, love and admiration for it - just like the Joker DX when that was released.
It's all part of the joy of owning these stunning pieces.
But sadly that hasn't happened thanks to all the problems with this figure. Instead we're left with pages of dissatisfaction with most of the fun left out, and for some a disappointing figure aswell.
I'm in the same boat as most other people - mine had the deformed sonar head and now leaking too.
When all is said and done it's not what I paid all that money for - I wanted a figure I could thoroughly enjoy and share in the enjoyment with other like-minded people.
I know what's done is done and can't be changed, but I too hope that HT will manage to resolve this for their customers.
At this point I think I'd welcome a recall and just start over with the figure anew.

Well I think the attitude is either "it sucks, I want it fixed" or "it sucks, I'll live with it", it's not getting the "wow, what an awesome figure" reception it could be if it shipped problem free.

I think I'm the I'll live with it type of guy but my problem isn't bad.

I'm actually liking my V1 which the backpack and PERS sculpt which isn't right. I'm not scared to move or pose him often as I know he won't lose paint or even worse disintegrate before me. I'm leaving DX Batman well alone.

I checked my bats last night and I think one of them i coming around! I forgot to check today as I did not clean them up just to be sure. Of cause HT still needs to confirm the source and that the oozing is not going to degrade the rubber over time. I wil lupdate this when I get back home tonight

I know what's done is done and can't be changed, but I too hope that HT will manage to resolve this for their customers.
At this point I think I'd welcome a recall and just start over with the figure anew.

Sometimes I get the impression with their quietness that they are holding out and then drop the, oh sorry you're out of the xx days policy.

The holiday was last week and it's over.

I too hope Hot Toys issues a recall. It's only fair that they do. I hope vodoun is wrong about them waiting for the warranty to expire because that will piss a lot of people off. I just hope that they have this problem fixed by the time the US release hits. It's because of this problem that I'm waiting for the US release.

Nah, no gut. I don't know whether the sponge is absorbing it, or if the outward pressure on the armor is keeping the oil in, but it's working.

Hey cr0w do you think that you could post pics of your Batman with the sliver of sponge in his suit? How exactly did you put it in? Did you just stick it inside of the suit? Sorry I just started monitoring this thread and only read the last few pages. I know you just lift up the suit but do you keep it in there 24/7?

I'm assuming that a big big portion of DX02 owners are going through this problem with their Batmans. Am I correct. So you're most likey to have this problem than not?

I'll work on getting a picture when I get home from work. I just lifed the armor and stuck it in there, between the two sections of armor that were touching. I keep it in there all the time.

I'm sending Hot Toys daily reports about the oil from the DX02 Batman. After their response of "wipe it with finger" I assume they must know what their solution is NOT doing... The oportunity for a replace as been ofered from my dealer, but at this point I'm not sure it will be any good. love the figure, but this oil thing is annoying

Well I finally recived my second email after sending this,

I took the sticker off immediately after opening it. I am also not using the belt and the oil is still coming through heavy. I am wiping it away but have noticed that the paint is starting to come off with every wipe. Please let me know if there is a better way to remedy this problem. I'm a big supporter of hot toys merchandise but the situation is really upsetting me for such an exspensive figure. I'll be awaiting your reply. Thanks

This is what I get back,
We are very sorry to hear about that.

When the oil leak out, please keep wipe off the oil to solve the problem at once.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I have now sent this,

Why should I have to keep wiping oil out? There should be no oil to begin with. I would like a replacement body with a no oil leak problem. Please let me know how we can do this.
Thanks

Every email I've sent sugesting a solution I got zero responses. I guess Hot Toys arent planing at solving this mess besides saying "International third batch is oil problem free". This sucks. I've said this before: It's an amazing figure. Shame about the oil.

I guess Hot Toys arent planing at solving this mess besides saying "International third batch is oil problem free".

If that is the approach they take then I am canceling my preorder on principle. If HT wants to screw all the people who bought this already, they can forget about my business.

Back