DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
His "figure 2" is ridiculously bad - geez. So many issues and the ears are making me lol. I've got this on pre-order with UC, but man, reading Eddie's post is scaring me.

WOW. After seeing how Eddie's figures turned out, and all the problems this figure has I'm thinking about canceling my pre-order. It doesn't seem like this is worth the $200 I'm going to pay for it. Question: If we all returned the figure do you think Hot Toys would do something about it? Answering is most likely not. I know it's a stupid question but we MUST be able to do something so that Hot Toys will address this problem finally.

Every email I've sent sugesting a solution I got zero responses. I guess Hot Toys arent planing at solving this mess besides saying "International third batch is oil problem free". This sucks. I've said this before: It's an amazing figure. Shame about the oil.

Wait, when did they say that? I thought I was keeping up with this thread and I just re-read pages 28 through this one and I can't find that.

Source please. :)

Yes. Source please. Because batch 3 is the US release right? If that's indeed true I'm keeping my US Pre-Order.

its like the amityville horror. i wonder if the problem will go away on its own?

my bigger concern would be for the longevity of the figure. if its leaking oil out of the box what can be expected in six months? what about six years?

Here you go, here's some pics of mine with the sponge inserted under the ab armor. The armor hasn't been touched in 5 days since I put the sponge under there.

DSC07226.jpg

DSC07227.jpg

DSC07228.jpg

DSC07229.jpg

DSC07230.jpg

Maybe a quarter inch, tops. Makeup sponges are very pliable, so as long as you don't pose him with his hips jutting forward like he's got metal in his crotch and standing in front of a magnet, the sponge should be squeezed between the armors and be virtually unnoticeable.

Maybe a quarter inch, tops. Makeup sponges are very pliable, so as long as you don't pose him with his hips jutting forward like he's got metal in his crotch and standing in front of a magnet, the sponge should be squeezed between the armors and be virtually unnoticeable.

nice job crow that seems like to be the solution? my figure has been leaking as well... friggin spoiled the fun

Turned out well, cr0w!

This could be an amusing conversation piece though...

Wife/Mom/Sis, can I borrow a makeup sponge?

What's it for?

Batman is leaking from his stomach. Too many sit ups.

Hahaha.

I was in CVS looking for the damn things, and I must have circled this group of girls like 5 times because I had NO IDEA where to look for them. So here I was, fresh off work, dirty beanie, military-style jacket on, dried mud all over my boots and work pants, and oil plus mud all over my shirt, apparently circling a group of girls looking around all over the place all shifty-eyed because I couldn't find a damn packet of makeup sponges.

I probably made at least a couple of people nervous.

Wait, when did they say that? I thought I was keeping up with this thread and I just re-read pages 28 through this one and I can't find that.

Source please. :)

No source at all... Just being ironic at how Hot Toys is going to solve this. If third International batch still has this problem, Hot Toys really needs to get an wide costumer response of hate. At this point the no "official solution" is killing the buzz this awesome figure deserves. Its a really piece of art. The oil is just ruining what was a perfect way to end this line of The Dark Knight license...

Hahaha.

I was in CVS looking for the damn things, and I must have circled this group of girls like 5 times because I had NO IDEA where to look for them. So here I was, fresh off work, dirty beanie, military-style jacket on, dried mud all over my boots and work pants, and oil plus mud all over my shirt, apparently circling a group of girls looking around all over the place all shifty-eyed because I couldn't find a damn packet of makeup sponges.

I probably made at least a couple of people nervous.

:lol:lol:rotfl That's awesome!

Looks like a great fix with the sponge! I hope everybody reads about it because it's the best idea I've seen so far! :rock

No source at all... Just being ironic at how Hot Toys is going to solve this. If third International batch still has this problem, Hot Toys really needs to get an wide costumer response of hate.
-CristiMAN

Ah, I see. Guess either I'm slow on the uptake or you need to work on your irony. ;)

If my batch 3 does have the oil problem, I am going to buy a makeup sponge, stick it under bats' shirt and pretend I never saw it. :cool:

Oh so its just speculation. Yeah I dont think this is going to get fixed. I'm scared for the US release. I hope it is fixed but the way they're ignoring it I dont think its going to be.

Well that's it for me. I've cancelled my pre-order. I'm NOT going to pay 200 Euros (270$ !!!) for an imperfect figure no matter how cool it looks:banghead

My impatience will have to take a back seat for another month or two until the third batch is released, HotToys comes up with a solution or someone on the boards does.

I'm sure I'll still be able to pick one up later as DX Joker is still around and I bet all these problems surrounding DX Bats has scared off a lot of people, if not completely then at least to wait around like me.

How depressing :monkey2

Back