DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
any chance you can provide a pic showing exactly where you inserted it please?

any chance you can provide a pic showing exactly where you inserted it please?

I'll use Bigfoot-X's picture to demonstrate.

Bubbles.jpg

Lift up the stomach armor and insert the sponge between it and the leg armor. Directly behind the abs.

I'll use Bigfoot-X's picture to demonstrate.

Bubbles.jpg

Lift up the stomach armor and insert the sponge between it and the leg armor. Directly behind the abs.

I didnt even realise you could lift that to be honest, thanks

It's funny reading the scripted responses from Hot Toys. When people post about the oil problem on Facebook they get this:

Hot Toys If there is any problem, please contact our Customer Service Dept at [email protected]. Our staff will be able to assist you. Sorry for the inconvenience caused!

When someone posts a problem how to attach the cape clips, they get this:

Hot Toys If there is any problem, please contact our Customer Service Dept at [email protected]. Our staff will be able to assist you. Sorry for the inconvenience caused!

I'm so glad I didn't jump on this one right away. I'm sorry everyone is getting this problem. I've pre-ordered this DX Batman through a local comic shop by me. I'm just wondering if anyone thinks there will be the same problem with the US release though DC Direct? Or will the problem be fixed by the time these figure hit the US market in May?

I'm so glad I didn't jump on this one right away. I'm sorry everyone is getting this problem. I've pre-ordered this DX Batman through a local comic shop by me. I'm just wondering if anyone thinks there will be the same problem with the US release though DC Direct? Or will the problem be fixed by the time these figure hit the US market in May?

They will all have these problems.

Unless they are being secretive about it, HT are not doing anything to rectify this, no matter which batch you get.

that would be great from HT, geil. unfortunately, i think they have instead adopted the following strategy:
- tell the suckers to keep wiping
- stay quiet on problem until people forget
- announce DX03 for misdirection
- sit collectively in corner of office rocking on our knees with the blinds down until the nasty emails stop.

Yeah...I guess that is the best strategy for them. DX03 will take away every attention on the DX02 problem.

I just sent another email to them in chinese, basically telling them that their solution is not working and this is affecting toy collectors internationally. Although they asked us to email them, they don't provide us with a proper solution. Collectors are also concerned if they keep wiping will it damage the paintwork of the figure.

I tried to be as polite as I could telling them to stop using generic answers/replies which doesn't help us to solve the problems at all.

Not sure if it's gonna help or not....but well, at least I tried.

(it's damn hard to type in chinese....so not used to it)

the product is what it is. either you're happy with it or not. can't you guys just return it to the stores you bought it from and get your refund? not sure how talking to HT will solve anything since they are such an isolated company compared to Sideshow.

The problem is most of us didn't buy it from stores. We got them from sellers in Hong Kong or elsewhere in China, and a good many of us are in the U.S. or Europe. We can't exactly return them without a great deal of effort, and it's not even guaranteed that any replacement will have this issue fixed, as every single figure is apparently suffering from it. That's also assuming we could get a replacement, which isn't guaranteed since HT isn't exactly acknowledging the issue.

The big reason for me trying to get HT to resolve the problem rather than just get a refund for it is I want the figure, it's an amazing figure, if they could just fix it that'd be great. Refund is a satisfactory resolution but owning a problem free DX Batman is the most satisfactory resolution. If refund is all Toys2 can offer me I'll take it but I'd rather make an effort to get HT to fix the problem and be able to own this figure and enjoy it.

Back