DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
I had him pre-ordered at space-figuren.de. I also looked in comic-statuen.de - they've got a pre-order option called "Take it for sure" which would have been roughly 179 Euros I think but I'm rather impatient and comic-statuen.de seem to get their stuff quite a bit later than the rest. Marcus Wright for example only arrived there about 2 weeks ago!

Please let me know if you've got any other sources that are cheaper cause I'd definately be interested!

Here you go, here's some pics of mine with the sponge inserted under the ab armor. The armor hasn't been touched in 5 days since I put the sponge under there.

DSC07226.jpg

DSC07227.jpg

DSC07228.jpg

DSC07229.jpg

DSC07230.jpg

hi crow, can you show us how you placed the sponge on the armor plates?

I squeezed the abs after wiping and a tiny amount of oil appeared, so don't know if squeezing will remove the oil from the abs.

hi guy mine come last monday unpack small leak!!! today got worst!!!:mad:

also have you notice it hot toys web site dx batman look diff from our body armer .. look more rubber!!!

I squeezed the abs after wiping and a tiny amount of oil appeared, so don't know if squeezing will remove the oil from the abs.

Yup, that's why my theory is it has to do with pressure on the suit in the abdominal area, though I don't know what could be causing it. My placement of the sponges push the armor outward, causing it to not be squeezed against the stomach of the body, and that seems to have stopped the leaking.

hi guy mine come last monday unpack small leak!!! today got worst!!!:mad:

also have you notice it hot toys web site dx batman look diff from our body armer .. look more rubber!!!

mine's leaking as well i was going to resort to the Crow method but no makeup sponge at the moment so i put some tissue underneath the ab armour.. it actually help reduce a great deal of leakage.. as Crow said.. it prevents the ab armour to have too much pressure which cause the oil leak.

On the other matter... of course the armour looks different. the end product's armour looked WAY better than the prototype pictures on HT's website.

It would seem everyones produce different symptoms but with the same areas.

Totally weird.

That's why I subscribe to the notion of something "trapped" inside the rubber and coming to the surface, it makes the most sense as to why everyone gets different ammounts and in varying locations, more or less trapped and trapped in different places. That's the annoyance, it seems fixable. My figure is only affected at the kevlar and lower ab plate of the left side, in all this time, no sign on the rest of the abs or armor, so in theory, something worked out where the rest of that armor wouldn't be affected, and whatever that is, should be the answer to avoiding the problem altogether, it's just a matter of HT identifying the source and figuring out how to deal with it.

I think the abs is like Mary Poppins bag with this issue for the majority.

Heh,

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/_FgTCbS6WBM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/_FgTCbS6WBM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

@ crow, i did your sponge method, and since last night the oil is minimal, i hope in the following days it will dry out, i can live with this, thanx bro!

With the issues of 'ol' wet pants bats' me think I'll pass. I have the TDK version Good enough for the $ I paid. $200 ish for a pissy pants is just too much.

I so wanted this fig, but :sick

Has the DX02 Batman Quality Issues been solved yet?

Hey all I have posted under the main page for the DX02 thread but got no response from anyone. So i would like to ask in my own post if the majority of the issues with defects have been solved regarding the the figures suit, paint, headsculpt etc. lmk input is extremely well appreciated as i am serious considering buying one now.....Also any shops that have them USA side you think of hit me up!

thanks

kpekerol

Re: Has the DX02 Batman Quality Issues been solved yet?

face it..HT will not try to fix it anymore.. advice given to all those who emailed their CS got the same reply.. wipe the oil gently.. the oil will stop.....................eventually:sick

anyway.. i got mine for 2 weeks now... been wiping the oils every 2 days...last night wanna wipe but don't seem to see any oils anymore.. thats a good sign! just troublesome :monkey1

Re: Has the DX02 Batman Quality Issues been solved yet?

Solved (fixed by HT by now) = warped heads, armor paint chipping.

Still unsolved = oil leak.

Back