DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
So the ones with plastic armor don't ooze then? N there's a seller on eby in china who is selling a DX02 figure n he claims his won't leak. Can you tell me if it's legit or not?

So the ones with plastic armor don't ooze then? N there's a seller on eby in china who is selling a DX02 figure n he claims his won't leak. Can you tell me if it's legit or not?

I highly doubt it. Let's put it that way. Check the other thread (in General Collectibles) for a breakdown of what's happened over the course of the leaking and what you'll have to do if you buy one and it leaks. At this point, your odds of getting one that doesn't leak are a crap shoot.

Man after going through this thread, all the bad responses makes me not want to get this guy even though he looks so cool :(

is it worth the money really?

hmmm...still lots of thinking to do :( for someone on a limited budget, it's a big decision especially if it turns out to be leaky, that would just suck...

as long as the abs dont leak, which the American release is or is not?! , the bcep leaking is not as extreme. I used Vodoun's method and have a bit of tissue folded up so the plate is not touching the bicepts and it's been pretty good since... of my 2 DX02s and 4 bicepts only one is leaking so thats a 25% risk from what I can see you do get a lot of goodies!!
Of cause you can still try to locate DX parts and mod the Medi but the DX02 gear and even the cheapass batarangs and the packaging is really something of a real nice package
:borg:

Last edited:
as long as the abs dont leak, which the American release is or is not?! , the bcep leaking is not as extreme. I used Vodoun's method and have a bit of tissue folded up so the plate is not touching the bicepts and it's been pretty good since... of my 2 DX02s and 4 bicepts only one is leaking so thats a 25% risk from what I can see you do get a lot of goodies!!

thanks Geil! that is literally the most reassuring info I've heard on this guy. seriously no joke. i think I can stand the bicep leaking a bit as long as it can kind of be contained I think I can live with it. b/c as many mods as I do to my medi bats, overall the HT suit still wins for me. thanks again bud! :hi5:

Just make sure not to just ignore the problem..... deal with it and prevent it from getting worse I say. Besides I have a feeling you will be amputating DX arms and replace them with Medi ones :lol

:lol no no not on something I pay almost 200 for haha

if I had a spare upper torso, then definitely...you'd think it would be somewhat easy to find one that has oil abs that no one wants and would part out with :lol my theory is that if it is something to do with rubber against rubber like vodoun says, then it shouldnt leak when combined with the medi body b/c I heard that the medi suit isn't rubber

I wouldnt mind a spare body cheap so I can cut it up and display in a cabinet..... I was so hoping HT lemme keep the leaky body and just have it destroyed but no luck :(
I think the theory of incomplete cure or incorrect mix is more likely the case as otherwise its hard to explain away 75% of my bicepts not leaking or even 50% of the bicept on the same body is not leaking.

So is our best chance of non leakage a DCD DX batman? N if there is an issue with the biceps how do we go about preventing/dealing with it without the suit getting ruined?!

Gipetto itvwould appear you and I are in the same boat! Haha

:lol yea we're both trying to get all the facts before letting go of about $200 that could possibly be used on something else haha that would be my main regret. feeling like I could of bought something without possible QC issues

:lol yea we're both trying to get all the facts before letting go of about $200 that could possibly be used on something else haha that would be my main regret. feeling like I could of bought something without possible QC issues

Mate ive gota say all the qc problems with this figure have completely ruined it for me. I was really excited about this when it was announced but i refuse to spend this sort of money on a figure with such a large number of problems. Its even made me consider selling the dx joker because he looks wrong next to the 89 keaton batman lol

Just in case anybody is interested: My replacement body was glued terribly so I removed it and fixed it. Wasnt really a problem. Just an exacto and patience (and some guts ;) ). When I finally seperated the two pieces of the suit I realized that the body was all over oily... Guess they did not fix the problem on the inside. :lol

Did you separate from the back where the pants and shirt are glued? I'm interested because one of mine came unglued and was struggling to find the right glue to stick them back together.

Mate ive gota say all the qc problems with this figure have completely ruined it for me. I was really excited about this when it was announced but i refuse to spend this sort of money on a figure with such a large number of problems. Its even made me consider selling the dx joker because he looks wrong next to the 89 keaton batman lol

I totally understand. I have a "piece by piece" custom joker that I made that I feel is rather movie accurate and I too feel that I need a justified bats to go with him. All the QC problems initially ruined it for me as well which is why I went with the Medi TDK Bats, but unfortunately, the suit, no matter how much I mod it, won't be as accurate as the DX :monkey2

This is why I should spend my time in a hobby like stamp collecting or something....because everytime a figure is too good to be true, it's just to good to be true haha. But in all seriousness, is this issue with the leakage the only problem?

Back