DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
I have to concur that leaking on the abs eventually hit every DX02 and that could be the fate still of all the biceps on the last version. Even the bicepts on the old one eventually started to develop on most but just not many paid attention to that until later. Nam is right with his harsh facts but I guess I chose to forget that part to be happier :(
:borg:

I have to concur that leaking on the abs eventually hit every DX02 and that could be the fate still of all the biceps on the last version. Even the bicepts on the old one eventually started to develop on most but just not many paid attention to that until later. Nam is right with his harsh facts but I guess I chose to forget that part to be happier :(

Wuh... I don't really understand your first sentence at all... are you saying you believe that all DX02's will have oily abs?

Honestly, I think this figure will look fine in the next 5 or so years, assuming the conditions are fine. People worry too much.

ooops sorry I ment it hit all of the effected batches eventually except for the DCD ones as they are using hard plastic instead.
However if you do not have the DCD batch DX02 and have the softer rubber abs then the risk is extremely high and you should be concerned. Out of the two I had one started leaking out of the box and the other did not start until month later. the extend of the leakage was different too but the not so "leaky" one eventually would reach the same state. I think even the most optimistic collector here at one point had to throw in the towel

just got my replacement back from my dealer :)

Btw is the back upper body meant to be glues to his bottom half.

his ass flap on his back is stuck with glue not sure if its meant to be. I pulled it a little bit to make sure it was not melting but it defo looks like glue as the rubber is still detailed and not melted

Back is suppose to be glued and is on all mine but I remember a single case of that being forgotten ;)

I still dont understand how people say that a $200 figure that leaks and will slowly fall apart due to this oil problem is worth this price. By saying its ok, HT will continue to produce crap figures like this because they know peeps will still buy them. HT your a joke.

I still dont understand how people say that a $200 figure that leaks and will slowly fall apart due to this oil problem is worth this price. By saying its ok, HT will continue to produce crap figures like this because they know peeps will still buy them. HT your a joke.

Because it beats self loathing and the come to Jesus that despite several severe warnings, with pics and first hand accounts of HT's douchery, they wasted $200 on a decomposing figure? :huh

Question: so, other than e-mailing HT for a replacement body, there's no other way for correcting the oily abs?

Question: so, other than e-mailing HT for a replacement body, there's no other way for correcting the oily abs?

There's no way of "fixing" leaky abs period (if your figure is leaking). The replacement body just fixes the ab problem but does nothing to address the leaky biceps.

Last edited:
The replacement body just fixes the ab problem but does nothing to address the leaky biceps.

...but but but but! ¬_¬ There's plastic biceps on the market for a few small selection of individuals and I'm gutted. How dare they make the special branch!

ok you guys just made me go check my two bats again. the first replacement still dry but. My second replacement had light leakage on one of the biceps which is under control with Vodoun's tissue method. The second bicep is showing very faint leaking (I might just be paranoid) so I wil give it the Vodoun treatment as well now

ok you guys just made me go check my two bats again. the first replacement still dry but. My second replacement had light leakage on one of the biceps which is under control with Vodoun's tissue method. The second bicep is showing very faint leaking (I might just be paranoid) so I wil give it the Vodoun treatment as well now

You're just prolonging the inevitable bud. :(

I have one from the DC Direct batch, and it leaks all over the place. The plastic straps under the arms that hold the breast plate on are always soaked. Not to mention the abs.

There's no way of "fixing" leaky abs period (if your figure is leaking). The replacement body just fixes the ab problem but does nothing to address the leaky biceps.

Actually, I haven't bought one yet. I found a collector selling his at a good price for a second batch, and I was wondering whether I could buy it and fix the problem myself. I've heard of nightmares when it comes to HT's CS, and I might not even get a replacement since I'll be buying it second-hand.

I also saw this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CWYgPiSRrQ&feature=channel

Apparently, the oil is causing the rubber to deteriorate! :(

I got my replacement and it has the leaky biceps too. I initially thought I was unlucky but the other replacement in the store is the same too. Did the tissue paper trick and it is ok now.

Knowing that HT won't be giving out replacement anymore, I am just glad that the abs is fine. The biceps I can live with for now.

Geil, I think a new thread poll is in order just to see how many people's DCD figures are having slow leaking biceps and those who are not. Just to see.

As this poll is so old now it's really out of date to the previous figures since they or have mostly all been returned.

It's a shame one just can't create a poll with no thread just to use this as the discussion area.

Back