Dune (2020) by Dennis Villeneuve

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "VIP Experience"...? Do they supply a Happy Ending whether the movie has one or not?

And if they do, that is likely not the kind of dark room I would want to be in.
It's not that kind of theatre. We're Canadians, dammit. All wholesome and stuff.

The last time I was in Canada, it was 19 degrees below. I couldn't walk a block without jumping into a coffee shop to warm up for a few minutes before trekking out again.
LOL that's why I feel right at home in Chicago weather. August is sweltering though.

Slightly off topic but zavvi have dispatched my copy of the 4k special edition of David Lynch's adaptation of Dune.
Sadly it won't be arriving till next week though.

First review

https://www.ign.com/articles/dune-r...MUbFajIC1rp8R98e6Esd7TALNgrJ_963u3DGQ-rOzxC2c
Denis Villeneuve’s Dune is beautiful to behold, a faithful adaptation of Frank Herbert’s novel. Or of its first half, that is. And therein lies the problem that the film faces, for in cutting this story into two parts, Villeneuve has front-loaded Dune with a lot of set-up and no obvious way to end things… and so it lingers, and eventually overstays its welcome. This is a technically brilliant, visually amazing movie with a top-notch cast and deep sci-fi concepts. A shame, then, that it feels like a drag in its back half.
🤭

Vintage Villeneuve = boring... 🥱 :sleep:

2049 is still a masterpiece. :pfft:
5YxTjJJ.gif

2049 Ain't no masterpiece. Blade Runner is a masterpiece. 2049 is OK at best. In my opinion anyhow, it's all subjective.

Still looking forward to Dune, although I've been gorging on the 4k of Lynch's version. It's a beautiful transfer. Villneuve's is looking a wee bit drab by comparison.

Certain critics say it's amazing but they're hyper geeks who wouldn't dare to offend the director.

I'll watch it day one but I still say it's gonna bomb hard.

If I had a gun to my head I would have said this movie will be terribly boring, so hearing it is is not such a surprise for Dennis' work.

Sadly, I knew it was a two-parter... which means no real payoff.

But I still hope it is as mesmerizing as 2049 was while I was watching it. And as immersive.

Whether I will be able to watch Dune a 2nd or 3rd time is likely doubtful. Unfortunately, I couldn't get thru 2049 a 3rd time.

It's a shame to make movies that look so good, feel so real; to spend so much time and energy... and yet not make it more enjoyable for more people.

If I had a gun to my head I would have said this movie will be terribly boring, so hearing it is is not such a surprise for Dennis' work.

Sadly, I knew it was a two-parter... which means no real payoff.

But I still hope it is as mesmerizing as 2049 was while I was watching it. And as immersive.

Whether I will be able to watch Dune a 2nd or 3rd time is likely doubtful. Unfortunately, I couldn't get thru 2049 a 3rd time.

It's a shame to make movies that look so good, feel so real; to spend so much time and energy... and yet not make it more enjoyable for more people.
His movies are like pancakes, all exciting at first, but by the end you're sick of them. 🤭

Didn't take a genius to see that was how this was going to go.
I'm seeing a huge contrast on Twitter.

Real half and half.
But all are on the wrong half.
2049 is still a masterpiece. :pfft:
It feels like it takes till 2049 to finish it.
2049 Ain't no masterpiece. Blade Runner is a masterpiece. 2049 is OK at best. In my opinion anyhow, it's all subjective.
No, it's not subjective. Blade Runner is a masterpiece.
Certain critics say it's amazing but they're hyper geeks who wouldn't dare to offend the director.

I'll watch it day one but I still say it's gonna bomb hard.
I can't trust anything anyone says on social media.
His movies are like pancakes, all exciting at first, but by the end you're sick of them. 🤭
:lol Blueberry syrup helps.

So another Villeneuve beautiful, "smart" and completely dry snoozefest that slowly touches itself for hours thinking about the source material until it falls asleep without coming ? At least the soundtrack should be awesome…

Back