Dragonball: The Live Action Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toriyama is credited as a writer on all Dragonball projects. He is even credited on the video games. Ben Ramsey wrote the screenplay the same guy who wrote the Mark Wahlberg classic The Big Hit.....should have known this would have been a stinker from the go.

Toriyama commented on Evolution -

"As the original creator, I had a feeling of "Huh?" upon seeing the screenplay and the character designs, but the director, all the actors, the staff, and the rest are nothing but "ultra" high-caliber people. Maybe the right way for me and all the fans to appreciate it is as a New Dragonball of a different dimension. Perhaps, this might become a great masterpiece of power! Hey, I look forward to it!!"

Pretty diplomatic way of saying, Whatever! :lol

Toriyama commented on Evolution -

"As the original creator, I had a feeling of "Huh?" upon seeing the screenplay and the character designs, but the director, all the actors, the staff, and the rest are nothing but "ultra" high-caliber people. Maybe the right way for me and all the fans to appreciate it is as a New Dragonball of a different dimension. Perhaps, this might become a great masterpiece of power! Hey, I look forward to it!!"

Pretty diplomatic way of saying, Whatever! :lol

Hmmm intriguing
:lol

Update

Justin Chatwin Talks "Dragonball" Sequels 03-30-2009 (19:30:32)
IGN spoke to "Dragonball Evolution" stars Justin Chatwin (Goku) and James Marsters (Lord Piccolo) about the future of the "Dragonball" franchise.

"I hope [the movie does well] because my character only really gets interesting in the second film," said Marsters. "I mean he's interesting now, but his journey is really developed in the script for the second movie."

He continued: "All I know is I've been signed to three movies, but I would like to make five - seven of them. You could just pretty much paint by numbers using the wealth of source material to easily get the seven films. There's that much there."

Meanwhile Chatwin is also obviously thinking about "Dragonball" as a series of movies, with the actor seeing "Evolution" as an introduction piece to the wider universe.

"There's a whole generation of kids waiting to be introduced to 'Dragonball,'" said Chatwin. "So this first movie is really important for that. I mean the main plot is the battle between Piccolo and Goku, but this first film still serves to introduce the characters and where they're from and what they're deals are and so to cover that ground really takes up most of the first movie."

He goes on: "I know what they have in store for the second one and it's really cool! It's more in the vein of the Dragonball saga... it goes into other places, there's other characters, other fighters and there's a lot of action that is just really awesome."

"It actually goes more into 'Dragon Ball Z' land and it's just really exciting. It goes into the whole legend of Dragonball. I cant really say more than that but it made me think this is a cool franchise to be a part off, because there's so much we haven't shown yet."

:banghead:banghead:banghead

Re: Update

Justin Chatwin Talks "Dragonball" Sequels 03-30-2009 (19:30:32)
IGN spoke to "Dragonball Evolution" stars Justin Chatwin (Goku) and James Marsters (Lord Piccolo) about the future of the "Dragonball" franchise.

"I hope [the movie does well] because my character only really gets interesting in the second film," said Marsters. "I mean he's interesting now, but his journey is really developed in the script for the second movie."

He continued: "All I know is I've been signed to three movies, but I would like to make five - seven of them. You could just pretty much paint by numbers using the wealth of source material to easily get the seven films. There's that much there."

Meanwhile Chatwin is also obviously thinking about "Dragonball" as a series of movies, with the actor seeing "Evolution" as an introduction piece to the wider universe.

"There's a whole generation of kids waiting to be introduced to 'Dragonball,'" said Chatwin. "So this first movie is really important for that. I mean the main plot is the battle between Piccolo and Goku, but this first film still serves to introduce the characters and where they're from and what they're deals are and so to cover that ground really takes up most of the first movie."

He goes on: "I know what they have in store for the second one and it's really cool! It's more in the vein of the Dragonball saga... it goes into other places, there's other characters, other fighters and there's a lot of action that is just really awesome."

"It actually goes more into 'Dragon Ball Z' land and it's just really exciting. It goes into the whole legend of Dragonball. I cant really say more than that but it made me think this is a cool franchise to be a part off, because there's so much we haven't shown yet."

5-7 Movies Marsters???
You must be freaking kidding me

Bugger that
Watching one was painful enough
I'd hate to see what a Super Saiyan looks like in the following films
I mean the CGI in this one was horrendous

Bugger that
Watching one was painful enough
I'd hate to see what a Super Saiyan looks like in the following films
I mean the CGI in this one was horrendous

you asked for it....

2297319337_192a74d40d.jpg

Super_Saiyan_Son_Gohan_cosplay_by_TechnoRanma.jpg

gokuss41.JPG

DBZ__Super_Saiyan_1_Gohan_by_Ai_rika.jpg

justin-chatwin-1.0.0.0x0.400x579.jpeg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

the next movie should be all CGI
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/RjmRXrpWj7g&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/RjmRXrpWj7g&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Ok. Well, yesterday, me and a few mates saw this at the cinemas yesterday. (Yeah. That's right). They wanted to see it. I warned them it was a pretty awful movie, but they wanted to check it out for themselves, so I thought I'd go with them. The only good thing about seeing it again was that the picture quality was much better... actually... wait, that's bad.

Back