Dragonball: The Live Action Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could write a sequel for this movie now if you like?

They all die.
the end.

No thanks. :rolleyes:

I know Marsters and Chatwin have signed a three-movie contract, so I'm looking forward to seeing what the future has in store.

There were a couple of rumors that the next film covers the Raditz/Vegeta saga (or a perversion of it) and the third was to handle the Freeza saga....so we wouldn't see a Super Saiyan until the third movie at best....then again really thinking how long and drawn out and complex the Freeza saga actually was that'd probably be the worst of them all.

THIS FRIDAY for those of you in the U.S.

The Evolution is coming...:rock

(I'm still pumped about this movie.)

:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4 i hope you dont cry after. I have you in my prayers

I saw your review thread, P!tu, but I didn't want to watch any of the reviews until I see it for myself. I realize that a lot of people weren't impressed, but I'm keeping high hopes. I'm a big DB/DB-Z fan, but I'm also a big Marsters fan, so it's pretty much a given that I would go see it regardless.

Worst case scenario, I always have the DB/DBZ collection on DVD to fall back onto, but I do have high hopes for the movie, despite the criticism.

I saw your review thread, P!tu, but I didn't want to watch any of the reviews until I see it for myself. I realize that a lot of people weren't impressed, but I'm keeping high hopes. I'm a big DB/DB-Z fan, but I'm also a big Marsters fan, so it's pretty much a given that I would go see it regardless.

Worst case scenario, I always have the DB/DBZ collection on DVD to fall back onto, but I do have high hopes for the movie, despite the criticism.

Amen to that. Go see it and Judge for your self. Tell me what you think after you see it. i wanna see if you have the same feelings as everybody else whos a DBZ fan. :rock

PS: i still have you in my prayers:rotfl

THIS FRIDAY for those of you in the U.S.

The Evolution is coming...:rock

(I'm still pumped about this movie.)

Damn you got bad taste. :lol

Being pumped for this movie is like saying you'd be pumped to stick your weiner in rosie odonnell.

This movie is coming out this week, and yet I haven't seen one advertised preview?

They all die....best ending ever.

I hope this film fails harder then any film. Fox needs to die.

Goku's spirit ball backfires, and destroys earth along with all the z fighters.

So you saw this movie too?

...yeah, that's what I thought.

Sadly yes I did. Have all the high hopes and fanboy dreams you want, it wont change the fact that this is a terrible movie. I can see this movie appealing to 10 year olds who have no idea what dragonball is until they see this movie, but anyone who knows better should naturally be dissapointed. Youre kidding yourself if not.

Sadly yes I did. Have all the high hopes and fanboy dreams you want, it wont change the fact that this is a terrible movie. I can see this movie appealing to 10 year olds who have no idea what dragonball is until they see this movie, but anyone who knows better should naturally be dissapointed. Youre kidding yourself if not.

So you saw this in theaters, even though it's not due out until this Friday here in the US?

So you saw this in theaters, even though it's not due out until this Friday here in the US?

It's been booted on the web for a while since it's already been released outside the US.
I watched most of it. It's a very Smallville type treatment of DB. I'm a big DB & DBZ fan and I didn't find it offensively bad. It's a modest, teeny bopper streamlining of the basic story.
Imagine Goku used your washing machine to clean his orange jumpsuit and you threw in a plain white t-shirt with it. Your t-shirt would come out a little orange. It's definitely not Goku's jumpsuit, but it will remind you of it. This movie is kinda like that.
If you've seen the trailers it's exactly what's advertised.

Damn you got bad taste. :lol

Being pumped for this movie is like saying you'd be pumped to stick your weiner in rosie odonnell.

I guess what I find so humorous about your statement is that it's coming from someone who saw a pre-production, bootleg version of a movie on his computer screen and feels that it's his place to judge someone's "high hopes" (as you called it). I appreciate your "advice" but I'll take the risk and see the movie, judging for myself. I would be kidding myself if I actually listened to your advice and didn't go.

It's been booted on the web for a while since it's already been released outside the US.
I watched most of it. It's a very Smallville type treatment of DB. I'm a big DB & DBZ fan and I didn't find it offensively bad. It's a modest, teeny bopper streamlining of the basic story.
Imagine Goku used your washing machine to clean his orange jumpsuit and you threw in a plain white t-shirt with it. Your t-shirt would come out a little orange. It's definitely not Goku's jumpsuit, but it will remind you of it. This movie is kinda like that.
If you've seen the trailers it's exactly what's advertised.

I saw the posted link weeks ago, but I'm just trying to point out the egregiousness of Nash's reasoning for why I won't like the movie. I don't mind reading opinions like yours because you actually told me something about the movie, but then there are other posts that discount the opinions and hopes of others. Saying that "the movie was stupid" does NOT qualify someone as next "Siskel and Ebert."

Last edited:
I saw the posted link weeks ago, but I'm just trying to point out the humor in Nash's reasoning for why I won't like the movie. I don't mind reading opinions like yours because you actually told me something about the movie, but then there are other posts that discount the opinions and hopes of others. Saying that "the movie was stupid" does NOT someone the next "Roger and Ebert."

Dude, why are you so vehemently defending a movie you have not seen yet?

Back