Dragonball: The Live Action Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, why are you so vehemently defending a movie you have not seen yet?

His defending his right to go see it. Not the movie. Thats all. we are aqll telling him not to but at the end its his choice an like i told him he should go watch it and judge for himself!

Dude, why are you so vehemently defending a movie you have not seen yet?

I'm not defending the movie because I haven't seen it. You're right about that. I'm just pointing out the humor in those posts that try to criticize the excitement of those who have yet to see it.

His defending his right to go see it. Not the movie. Thats all. we are aqll telling him not to but at the end its his choice an like i told him he should go watch it and judge for himself!

I'm not defending the movie because I haven't seen it. You're right about that. I'm just pointing out the humor in those posts that try to criticize the excitement of those who have yet to see it.

Oh sorry my bad.
Well, I hope you enjoy it because I thought it sucked big hairy DragonBalls

Exactly. People like P!tu give actual reviews of a statue, movie, etc. and keep it to a review only. And that's a big reason (in my opinion) why so many like you, P!tu. We watch your reviews on SS statues, movies, blogs, etc., enjoy them, find them helpful, and look forward to the next. So keep up the good work! :rock

Oh sorry my bad.
Well, I hope you enjoy it because I thought it sucked big hairy DragonBalls

:lol I'm totally prepared after reading all of these posts, but nevertheless, remain hopeful.

I hope people see my point. I don't want to go off on a tangent here. I just felt that the opportunity presented itself. I'm not saying that ALL posts are like that, so please don't interpret it that way. It was just an observation.

Anyways........Who's ready for a sequel?!?! :banana :lol

I saw the posted link weeks ago, but I'm just trying to point out the egregiousness of Nash's reasoning for why I won't like the movie. I don't mind reading opinions like yours because you actually told me something about the movie, but then there are other posts that discount the opinions and hopes of others. Saying that "the movie was stupid" does NOT qualify someone as next "Siskel and Ebert."

Yeah, I'm with you all the way. I am always interested in knowing why someone likes what I don't and vice versa but mostly it's just a lot of fanboy vitriol. Articulate discussion is at a premium lately. :lol

Actually, what was released was the full 100% done version of the movie, but a cam. Not like Wolverine. So what they (and I....sorta. Couldnt finish it, it was so bad)saw was the actual film.....thats unfortuantly coming to pleague our theaters with its filth.

Hello, Chapter2099, did you love this movie? :lol

This movie was a blast!!! Thanks for reminding me to post! :rock
I really liked Chatwin as Goku. I'm actually surprised how much I liked him. At first, I was really skeptical. (To me, that was the part that worried me most going into it.) But I think he pulled it off VERY well, especially considering that this was Hollywood's rendition of the anime. My award for best actor(s) in the movie though goes to Emily Rossum (Bulma) and James Marsters (Piccolo).

Bulma's character was dead-on!!! Perfect!!! In fact, I couldn't have asked for a better person to play Bulma. She had the attitude, the look, everything. James did an awesome job with Piccolo as well, and I loved the direction that he took with the character. Considering that this is a pre-DBZ Piccolo, this is exactly how the character was meant to be portrayed. Well done to the both of them! :rock

I will say that I wish Nimbus was in it. (And no, it was not the car like someone on here said it was.) And I also wanted to see the Power Pole, but I'll look forward to those in the sequel. My biggest complaint was the Ozuru. Honestly, I didn't really care for the look that they went for. I definitely liked where the story was going and how they incorporated it, but the look was off in my opinion, especially if you want to directly compare it to the form we all know.

Without writing another page here (which I could easily do,) overall, I really enjoyed it. I plan on buying it when it makes its way to DVD. I didn't expect to see everything EXACTLY how it was in the anime, and that's what I got. Perhaps, that's why I wasn't disappointed like many. For a modern day attempt at a classic anime, it wasn't too bad at all. Many of you mentioned that it was aimed at a younger audience, and it was. I agree. But then again, wasn't the anime? As I mentioned earlier, I'm looking forward to how this franchise grows with the next installments.

On a side note, it was great meeting James. I asked him about how he got the role of Piccolo and that whole process, among other things. Just an all-around down-to-earth guy to talk sci-fi with. I'm glad I got the opportunity to meet him. He's been a DB/DB-Z/DB-GT fan for quite sometime. He told me that he's seen most every episode there is. And the best thing was this was YEARS before DB Evolution script was even written. I'm glad someone deserving got the role, and I how to see him reprise the role in the sequel.

This movie was a blast!!! Thanks for reminding me to post! :rock
I really liked Chatwin as Goku. I'm actually surprised how much I liked him. At first, I was really skeptical. (To me, that was the part that worried me most going into it.) But I think he pulled it off VERY well, especially considering that this was Hollywood's rendition of the anime. My award for best actor(s) in the movie though goes to Emily Rossum (Bulma) and James Marsters (Piccolo).

Bulma's character was dead-on!!! Perfect!!! In fact, I couldn't have asked for a better person to play Bulma. She had the attitude, the look, everything. James did an awesome job with Piccolo as well, and I loved the direction that he took with the character. Considering that this is a pre-DBZ Piccolo, this is exactly how the character was meant to be portrayed. Well done to the both of them! :rock

I will say that I wish Nimbus was in it. (And no, it was not the car like someone on here said it was.) And I also wanted to see the Power Pole, but I'll look forward to those in the sequel. My biggest complaint was the Ozuru. Honestly, I didn't really care for the look that they went for. I definitely liked where the story was going and how they incorporated it, but the look was off in my opinion, especially if you want to directly compare it to the form we all know.

Without writing another page here (which I could easily do,) overall, I really enjoyed it. I plan on buying it when it makes its way to DVD. I didn't expect to see everything EXACTLY how it was in the anime, and that's what I got. Perhaps, that's why I wasn't disappointed like many. For a modern day attempt at a classic anime, it wasn't too bad at all. Many of you mentioned that it was aimed at a younger audience, and it was. I agree. But then again, wasn't the anime? As I mentioned earlier, I'm looking forward to how this franchise grows with the next installments.

On a side note, it was great meeting James. I asked him about how he got the role of Piccolo and that whole process, among other things. Just an all-around down-to-earth guy to talk sci-fi with. I'm glad I got the opportunity to meet him. He's been a DB/DB-Z/DB-GT fan for quite sometime. He told me that he's seen most every episode there is. And the best thing was this was YEARS before DB Evolution script was even written. I'm glad someone deserving got the role, and I how to see him reprise the role in the sequel.

were you bribed by FOX!?.......how much!?...200, 300 rupees!?..:tap

Back