Doctor Who Specials in HD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
From jangomac at DWF.com

Confirmed in the new DWM issue 405 (out tomorrow) the four 2009/2010 Specials will be filmed and broadcast in glorious High Definition :D

So much for RTD saying that Doctor Who would never be filmed in HD whilst he was in charge.

Wonder if this news will mean a possible delay for Planet of the Dead's Easter broadcast due to longer FX post-production for HD?

This is awesome news I think. I wonder if the rebroadcasts here in the states will be in HD as well.

This is awesome news I think. I wonder if the rebroadcasts here in the states will be in HD as well.

That's *if* we get the rebroadcasts. I've yet to hear anything about that. :monkey2 If / when scifi does broadcast it, I imagine (hope) it'll be in HD.

In any event, DW + HD = :chew

well we have a BBC HD channel over here so they'll be broadcast there, is there a BBC America HD?

Does anyone know when the new season of Dr. who will air on sci fi. here in the States? Just don't want to miss it and their web site wasn't helpful. :(

The latest full season (4) has already aired. Season 5 will not be released in the UK until 2010 and SciFi won't get it until some time after that. Hopefully SciFi won't get the shows much later than when they first air in the UK.

Regarding the 3 or 4 specials released in winter 2008 and throughout 2009, SciFi hasn't said anything yet.

Back