Do you rotate your figures or you try to display all of them?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol Nice! Yeah, fun place. Glad it's an hour twenty trip for me.

It's about the same from my house. But when I'm working its on the way to work. The sound stage/studio is close to the ikea. But it's also usually closed when we get done. Thankfully. Lol otherwise I'd spend a boat load more there. Lol I do wish it was closer though...

I'm very fortunate that I can build what ever I can think up and since I'm an empty nester I have plenty of room.

When we moved our main hang out spot from the bonus room on the second floor to a newly renovated den on the first floor, my wife told me to use the entire bonus room for our collection of Hot Toys, Movie Props and various other assorted movie related collectables.

Its 12' wide by 26' long with 8 foot ceilings and 7" knee walls.

I thought about it but instead chose to pare down our collection. Then just recently I decided to use 7' of it for a Hot Toys display room and the rest for another guest bedroom.

Now just 15 years ago we lived in single wide trailer that I got stuck with from my first marriage.

We had a small room that doubled for everything else.

I had a couple years left in the Corps and we didn't want to build our house until I knew I wasn't going to get sent over seas or to the left coast as a going away present.

But I digress and will get to the moral of this story.

You never know where you will be in the future so make the best of what you have to work with.

It's about the same from my house. But when I'm working its on the way to work. The sound stage/studio is close to the ikea. But it's also usually closed when we get done. Thankfully. Lol otherwise I'd spend a boat load more there. Lol I do wish it was closer though...

:lol That place is a money pit if there ever was one. As much as I like the store I'm kinda glad it's a hike to get to one ;)

I was at the San Diego Ikea store off of Friars Road near a Costco about a month ago and that parking lot is huuuuuge. I parked near the exit and me and my girlfriend had to walk a million miles just to get to the entrance. And when we left it took us about 10 minutes to find my truck :lol

:lol That place is a money pit if there ever was one. As much as I like the store I'm kinda glad it's a hike to get to one ;)

Yeah no doubt. When I lived in San Diego I was close enough to throw a ball to the parking lot of the local ikea. Though, it was over the side of a hill top. And you had to drive 20 minutes to get there becuase of the convoluted road system in San Diego, but it was still close. Lol right next to Qualcomm stadium(where the chargers play). It might have been a little further away then I'm making it seem. But not much. Lol back then I made nearly nothing so I had to shop there if I needed any furniture. If I could afford anything. Now when I go I just go becuase I enjoy the store, and it's often cheaper to buy it hen build it. Land they have stuff most other places don't make.

I got my closet organizer system there. It's got this neat sliding shoe rack and one for displaying shoes. Other cool stuff like that. And it's modular. If I move or sell one of the houses or buy another it's easy to transfer. I like to shop. Even if I don't buy a lot, or anything, I just like to go and walk around and see what's new and get ideas. I just wish they would build one a little closer and easier to get to. That's the down side of loving in michigan. The shopping options and so limited. Compared to even chicago(which is about the same distance from my house as Detroit is). But So cal has so much more variety. I think I miss that more then anything else. Options. Hit up ikea, then fashion valley mall or one of the other 10 malls, and go to black angus for lunch and Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Or claim jumpers. Having a comic store in the mall. And target and Walmart in the mall too. Lots of other small boutique shops. There one Cheesecake Factory location in all of michigan and it's brand new. Finally got a dave and busters. No black angus or claim jumpers. One ikea. Two malls that don't suck in the whole state. Finally got a decent outlet mall. Lol no comic conventions really. Limited comic shops. No Blick or art stores. No makeup or effects retail really. Sorry...got all nostalgic. Lol

Yeah no doubt. When I lived in San Diego I was close enough to throw a ball to the parking lot of the local ikea. Though, it was over the side of a hill top. And you had to drive 20 minutes to get there becuase of the convoluted road system in San Diego, but it was still close. Lol right next to Qualcomm stadium(where the chargers play). It might have been a little further away then I'm making it seem. But not much. Lol back then I made nearly nothing so I had to shop there if I needed any furniture. If I could afford anything. Now when I go I just go becuase I enjoy the store, and it's often cheaper to buy it hen build it. Land they have stuff most other places don't make.

I got my closet organizer system there. It's got this neat sliding shoe rack and one for displaying shoes. Other cool stuff like that. And it's modular. If I move or sell one of the houses or buy another it's easy to transfer. I like to shop. Even if I don't buy a lot, or anything, I just like to go and walk around and see what's new and get ideas. I just wish they would build one a little closer and easier to get to. That's the down side of loving in michigan. The shopping options and so limited. Compared to even chicago(which is about the same distance from my house as Detroit is). But So cal has so much more variety. I think I miss that more then anything else. Options. Hit up ikea, then fashion valley mall or one of the other 10 malls, and go to black angus for lunch and Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Or claim jumpers. Having a comic store in the mall. And target and Walmart in the mall too. Lots of other small boutique shops. There one Cheesecake Factory location in all of michigan and it's brand new. Finally got a dave and busters. No black angus or claim jumpers. One ikea. Two malls that don't suck in the whole state. Finally got a decent outlet mall. Lol no comic conventions really. Limited comic shops. No Blick or art stores. No makeup or effects retail really. Sorry...got all nostalgic. Lol

I'm pretty sure I know where you used to live :lol The place that you're describing sounds like where my bro lived briefly, really nice apartment complex, couple of tennis courts and pools. Fashion Valley is my favorite mall to visit when shopping, love checking out the Nike store. And I just ate at the Black Angus on Friday last week. Probably the same one you're talking about, it's fairly close to that apartment area-maybe one mile in distance :lol

I love SD! What took you to Michigan?

Yeah that's one of the places. Then I moved just up the hill south of the little air port where they built those new town houses and community. It's military housing, or it was. Serra Mesa area. Still just down the road from the area. Larkdale was the name of the street. Miss that place too.

I was in San Diego becuase I was stationed there, at Miramar. Though I lived in LA before I joined for awhile too. I moved to michigan after I got out becuase my ex wife is from here and brought my daughter here. And for work. But had it not been for my daughter I would have stayed in SoCal.

Did not know you are from Michigan Motux! Same here!

Closest ikea to me is about an hour n a half away. If I buy anything I just have it delivered, only $114 for three detolfs to be shipped, not that bad to me.

Did not know you are from Michigan Motux! Same here!

Closest ikea to me is about an hour n a half away. If I buy anything I just have it delivered, only $114 for three detolfs to be shipped, not that bad to me.

I am just outside ideas delivery radius. At least their standard one. It's like 400 to get them to me. And I'm not that far away really. 90 miles I think. Maybe 100. But when I'm going into the studio I end up driving pretty close to the Canton store. So I can pick things up then. Only work half the year max usually, if that, which is one of the problems. The studio is in Pontiac (mm studio)

So WWEjedi what city are you in? I live in Kzoo.

Sometimes when I bored, I just go and hang out at Ikea. I went there once last year, and they had goats in a pen outside that you could go play with.

Love the billy bookcases. They look very nice. The only drawback, in my opinion is that they are not as deep as the detolf. Billy is about 10 inches deep, while the detolf is 13. Oh, and the pic above with the helmets in it is a Besta. The billy is not deep enough for full size helmets.

I also prefer Billy bookcases. I did many mock ups with Billy vs Besta vs Defolfs, and ended up with all Billy cases for the versatility.

Billy did make a 14" deep version and I was able to get one (it houses my Marvel HT figs) but when I went to get another about a year later (for my HT DC figs) I found out they didn't produce them anymore (to my utter dismay!!! :mad:) My OCD and planning really got hit because that extra depth really helps sometimes! But oh well - I made do with the standard 10" deep one.

I really want to display all of my 12" figures. But since i just moved in and yet to build a custom display cab. Right now i just stack everything up the box. 35 figures and counting. Hopefully i could fit in atleast 50 of em.
231110148d4ecacb1ae121dbe095240e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a fairly new collector with only 6 figures in my collection I'm already thinking about boxing my IM SC and Heartbreaker to make room for a figures I'm more passionate about. With the MK 43 already on my shelf and the HB on PO I think my IM collection is complete. I'm glad I learned early on I don't need every IM or examples of other characters...you can't get much better than the AoU Cap, and I'm finding I don't want an Steve Rogers or Logan in a leather coat, my hero's need to be in uniform.

I display all of mine (all 22 of them). From time to time I will adjust the pose, but its literally mm adjustments.
Having display cases like a detolf allow you to have quite a few figures displayed and it looks nice and organized.

I only have 2 figures, 1 bat tumbler and HB on preorder and I'm already thinking on rotating them if I were to add anymore figure in the future. I have very limited display space.

Back