Do you rotate your figures or you try to display all of them?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooooh, civil war era replicas would be pretty sweet to see. I would like to go down this road.... although it would be World War 2 stuff, just not enough money. :lol

Right now, I figure my current collection room (actually rearranging it now) can tie me over for another year... maybe two. Then I need to start adding shelves to my bedroom.... which I really do not want to do... but once those shelves are up that should tie me over for another two to three years, at least until I am out of college.

Plus, I will have some room at my rental house to display stuff.

Then when I build my house, I hope to have a top floor dedicated to just my collection... which should last me a good ten years, maybe longer :lol

After that, I am not sure. :lol

Just give it ten years. No matter how much space you have it's never enough. Lol

As for the civil war stuff...it's not replicas. Relics. All authentic stuff. First thing I collected was he-man(was more my toys back then). Then comics. Then civil war stuff. Inherited some family items which got me started very young. By the time I was 21 I had a world class collection. Probably still one of the largest privately owned civil war medical collections. I got really lucky, picked up another family's passed down collection super cheap in the mid 90s. (I was still a teenager). Stopped at an estate sale and spent every dime I had earned working the summer, and then some. lol anyway... I still buy when I can find anything I can afford, but the price has gone sky high. It's insane. And so hard to find anything unless it's like eBay. Local is a no go these days.

But as I said...I have to rotate things on display out. Maybe I just need to stop buying stuff. But that just seems no fun.

I still have space in my display cases for new figures,but in the the future i will rotate my collection for sure.

I hate to see overpacked cases to be honest.

I don't have that many figures right now. Only displaying 6 out of 9 HT right now because I don't really have the room for anymore until I move into another place.

I've been displaying everything I've bought, but its getting to the point that all will not fit in 1 detolf...so I guess I'll have to start rotating them...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I just keep scaling down. Focus. I'm on my way to having my display completed. The only exception being Han, Luke & Leia. These 3 rotate for now. For example, I can't choose between the 2 HT Bespin Luke. I have the battle damaged one and I made a Dagobah custom with backpack Yoda. I've been un able to narrow them down. Absolutely love them both. It'll be the same for Han eventually when they release another version.

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

I just dropped another $$k on a 2nd drake curio because i was tired of having figures in boxes. I don't know how you guys deal with detolfs they are cheap flimsy pieces of ****. You have to jam figures in their like bunch of sardines in a can, which imo looks like a cluttered mess. They look OK with 1 figure maybe 2 per shelf but that's it- but still are cheap. These figures are expensive they deserve a quality home.

I have 28 hot toys and only 2 detolfs. Over 10 on preorder. Space is definitely an issue. I rotate my figures, probably changing them out like once a month. Need more space

Just give it ten years. No matter how much space you have it's never enough. Lol

As for the civil war stuff...it's not replicas. Relics. All authentic stuff. First thing I collected was he-man(was more my toys back then). Then comics. Then civil war stuff. Inherited some family items which got me started very young. By the time I was 21 I had a world class collection. Probably still one of the largest privately owned civil war medical collections. I got really lucky, picked up another family's passed down collection super cheap in the mid 90s. (I was still a teenager). Stopped at an estate sale and spent every dime I had earned working the summer, and then some. lol anyway... I still buy when I can find anything I can afford, but the price has gone sky high. It's insane. And so hard to find anything unless it's like eBay. Local is a no go these days.

But as I said...I have to rotate things on display out. Maybe I just need to stop buying stuff. But that just seems no fun.

Very cool Motux!

I just sold my whole Bowen collection, (55 full size statues), and just moved so my new room is at least twice is big if not more and I'm already worried about space!

image.jpg

I just dropped another $$k on a 2nd drake curio because i was tired of having figures in boxes. I don't know how you guys deal with detolfs they are cheap flimsy pieces of ****. You have to jam figures in their like bunch of sardines in a can, which imo looks like a cluttered mess. They look OK with 1 figure maybe 2 per shelf but that's it- but still are cheap. These figures are expensive they deserve a quality home.

Disagree. But to each..... I have 15 detolfs, Quite enjoy the glass as a clean view into the angles of the figures. I do agree that they look cheap when you cram figures in shelves. I prefer 1 per shelf, can see two-three if necessary and no space.
Don't know what is flimsy about glass and wood, but for a glass solution it is economical and it displays nicely with good lighting.

You appear to be a big statue collector, so I would assume you need much more room to display those which is not a good solution using detolfs. Drake curios look like you should be displaying your mother's Fenton and glass weeble collections IMHO. :rotfl

old pic, filled now but you get the idea.

Disagree. But to each..... I have 15 detolfs, Quite enjoy the glass as a clean view into the angles of the figures. I do agree that they look cheap when you cram figures in shelves. I prefer 1 per shelf, can see two-three if necessary and no space.
Don't know what is flimsy about glass and wood, but for a glass solution it is economical and it displays nicely with good lighting.

You appear to be a big statue collector, so I would assume you need much more room to display those which is not a good solution using detolfs. Drake curios look like you should be displaying your mother's Fenton and glass weeble collections IMHO. :rotfl

I love that image so much. so jelly

T4HYk9P.png

My collection is small enough at the moment that I don't need to rotate figures yet. Of course my detolf is close to capacity so we'll see what happens with the next Marvel wave :lol

Yours setup looks good. I am not sure what drakes u have seen but my mother wouldn't own this one

20150907_131707.jpg

Attachments

• 20150907_131755.jpg
    20150907_131755.jpg
    954 KB · Views: 101
looks interesting.but i think detolfs are pretty cheap compare to other displays.for me its also a space problem,a living room is only sooo large :lol

Back