Do you rotate your figures or you try to display all of them?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only have 9 HT at the moment and all of them fit comfortably in 1 detolf with room to spare. What I love about the detolf is that it's all glass case, so that you can see what's inside from all angles. Other cases have wood sides or some wood coverings that don't give you the same view points.

Exactly. A solution that allows you to have as much glass is very expensive compared to a detolf for this. I know they get knocked around because they are such a low cost per unit and the fact almost everyone has a detolf or two in their collection, but the visual you get with it is so clean.

I love my detolfs. I have a lot of them. They are light. Easy to move. Easy to clean. Easy to customize. Sure, if you got lots and lots of money then custom made is probably the way to go. But otherwise I see little reason they can not look just as good as the 1k versions. Most people can not tell the difference.

I was just trying to give some options in case anyone wanted something else. But I'd go Detlofs every day myself.

I love my detolfs. I have a lot of them. They are light. Easy to move. Easy to clean. Easy to customize. Sure, if you got lots and lots of money then custom made is probably the way to go. But otherwise I see little reason they can not look just as good as the 1k versions. Most people can not tell the difference.

I was just trying to give some options in case anyone wanted something else. But I'd go Detlofs every day myself.

Agreed. Similar models aka Detolf ripoffs on many cabinet sites have them priced at over a grand yet we get them for 70 bucks at IKEA. Can't beat it.

I would spam this thread with my non related pics and then get booted from the forum.

Love the billy bookcases. They look very nice. The only drawback, in my opinion is that they are not as deep as the detolf. Billy is about 10 inches deep, while the detolf is 13. Oh, and the pic above with the helmets in it is a Besta. The billy is not deep enough for full size helmets.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441737010.493753.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441737024.211086.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441737032.560125.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441737041.080859.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441737051.278722.jpg

I also have to rotate my collection. Had to put away some of my Middle Earth statues recently (which I absolutely hated doing :( ), so my Hot Toys figures could have a turn at being on display. I got way way too much stuff!!:lol

Those bookcases do look good, Motux. Especially in the first pic. But the wood just doesn't do it for me. I'm sure those are great options in terms of price and amount of space they provide. But I just want something better, even if it means paying top price.

The 24" Display case from display2go is perfect for me. I have a relatively small collection (8 figures) most likely will always keep it under 12. The look to the case will add even more of a high end feel to these amazing figures. Collecting isn't only about the collectibles, but it's also about presentation as well. When I see cluttered cabinet shelves or side paneling, I feel like it takes away from the figures.

This guy gets it! (not saying everyone's collection is rubbish)

I like how these shelves look:
Love the billy bookcases. They look very nice. The only drawback, in my opinion is that they are not as deep as the detolf. Billy is about 10 inches deep, while the detolf is 13. Oh, and the pic above with the helmets in it is a Besta. The billy is not deep enough for full size helmets.

View attachment 208822
View attachment 208823
View attachment 208824
View attachment 208825
View attachment 208826

What's the name of the last shelf?

This is always a tough subject! Well since I'm not rich, I can't get every figure that I want!!! So that helps with space... But with the figures I do have I really try to keep my shelves "clean" and I don't have more that 4 figs on a shelf...most just 1 or two. imho too many figs on a shelf looks cluttered and overwhelming. True it can also be mindblowing to see a bunch of figures...but I try to go for a more museum look I guess.

I actually have a lot of different stuff in boxes with the idea of rotating them out, but in reality I don't think that will every happen, so I need to wait for a bigger room/den or sell it off someday.

This guy gets it! (not saying everyone's collection is rubbish)

I like how these shelves look:

What's the name of the last shelf?

That's a Besta. They are very similar in appearance to the Billy, but about twice as deep.

IT, has moved close to where I live for at least 7 years now. 7 min drive. I love Ikea. Happiest place on earth.

Back