Dinosauria: Stegosaurus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you hear it wasn't popular?

I didn't, i was asking a question as to why they brought out new versions,it is still available at a couple of European retailers which is very unusual for a dinosauria that's been out for 3 years hence I wondered about its popularity.

Stegosaurus and Triceratops are my favourite Dino's but i didn't order the first version , the colour scheme didn't have quite the appeal, the second one i didn't hesitate to buy it, imho i think SS have been a bit of a let down with their colour schemes especially when you see the prototypes although much is down to personal taste, i did have the Apatosaurus on my list but not sure where i'd put it?? I think Papos version is fantastic so will stick with that, i'd rather have seen them do a smaller scale group of them.

My Stegosaurus Maquette arrived today, and I am loving it. She is so huge, and her paint job is just like the prototype. Everything about this piece has me crowning it my favorite Dinosauria piece in the line. It will be hard for Sideshow to top this, unless they make a huge Hadrosaur maquette. I really hope they do. :pray:

Here is a quick and dirty pic of my #45 Stegosaurus Maquette. My usual outdoor pics will come later, once I've finished building my miniature set and taken the pictures. :)

I will say to anyone planning on buying this statue, be careful when opening, as the plates can fall out. I had two fall out, but luckily were not damaged. Also, for anyone sitting on the fence because they think this might be too expensive, BUY IT. It is well worth the price, and will make a great addition to any collection.

stego.jpg

Always like your photos, too bad that we can't see your pics very often now. Thanks for the nice show these years.

Hope it's well received, ladies and germs! Just popping in to say "howdy," in the parlance of our times. Let me know what you think of the backstory! :D

Haven't seen your delicate and detail comment for a very long time, Scar. Hope you still give close attention to this line. This line is still alive.

I have to say Andojunjun is very good at taking pics, beautiful and talented. But in my opinion, I love the original better than this refresh repaint. The reason is about the painting...the stripe of the prototype is really cool and may have the chance to beat the first paint in my mind. But sadly, due to the lazy factory painters...when I see the repaint Stego most of the time...I can't stop thinking of 'Watermelon'...Yeah, it's a kind of fruit,...with many 'blurry, easy line' on it.

The original Stego, not colorful but delicate in detail...and it looks like a valuable old antique. Simple, elegant, and harmonic. May be more close to the real Stego (I know, no one ever see it).

I think the reason why they create second Stego is because the first Stego is popular and number-limited. I think they have no interest to repaint the Dino which they didn't sell that well at the first time.

I really don't see how some think these are expensive? When you consider their size and quality plus the fact they will only go up in value, imo they are very reasonable.

That's what I find odd 3 years on and I've found 3 retailers that still have the original available, which seems a bit odd for something so popular?

Just unboxed my Stegosaurus and what an amazing peice, but i'm blown away how big it is:slap .Its had to go on top of the cabinet as it wont go in it ,i had a vision of its size which was way out, i had the tyrant king on order but have changed it to the ceratosaurus due to its size , i really wouldn't know where to put it. I wish the steg was a little smaller but hey what a wonderful sculpture
004.jpg
003.jpg
005.jpg

I'm tossing up between getting this or the Apatosaurus repaint. I really like the original stegosaurus, but I'm not even going to try and source one in Australia. How is the quality of paint application on the new version? It looks fairly nice from the pictures in this thread, but having read about how poor some of the other dinosauria repaints came out, I'm a little unsure about picking this one up.

I have the Krentz Rex at home, which is gorgeous, as well as the original Allo vs Camarasaurus, Tupuxuara and Jorge rex, and want to add another herbivore to the collection.

I can't speak specifically to the repaint, but IMHO the Apatosaurus repaint coloring is off. I just don't like the color palette that was used.

I'm tossing up between getting this or the Apatosaurus repaint. I really like the original stegosaurus, but I'm not even going to try and source one in Australia. How is the quality of paint application on the new version? It looks fairly nice from the pictures in this thread, but having read about how poor some of the other dinosauria repaints came out, I'm a little unsure about picking this one up.

I have the Krentz Rex at home, which is gorgeous, as well as the original Allo vs Camarasaurus, Tupuxuara and Jorge rex, and want to add another herbivore to the collection.

Do you want pics of the first version ?

My daughter opened her birthday present. She was a very excited enthusiast paleontologist. She wanted the Allosaurus vs Camarasaurus repaint statue, but by the time she decided it was sold out. Have to say though, she was a bit disappointed in the final products paint job compared to the proto pics. You hear that sideshow? 10 year olds are noticing the quality drop, better get it together if you want to continue selling these to the same people.

Back