Dinosauria: Stegosaurus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is evidence of young stegosaurs being able to stand and possibly move on two legs. The rearing stance shown by the mother here is quite plausible..but probably not for an extended amount of time.

Anyone else think that maybe the new Walking With Dinosaurs 3D movie is something Sideshow could could create a couple statues for ? It's by FOX who they already seem to have a good relationship with..and David Krentz designed most if not all the animals used..and he has done two Sideshow Dinosauria pieces already..so it seems possible to me.

0_a39bb_b1912da_XXXL.jpg

Very love this maquette.
More photos later.

This piece is in stock at Sideshow, and I'm considering ordering it for my two boys. Was this piece previously sold out (i.e. are the currently in stock items likely to be returned pieces with issues)?

The overall impressions seem to be positive for this piece...so, is it worth the cash (I generally stick to Marvel and DC stuff)?

The exclusive has been sold out for quite some time. The regular version hasn't been sold out yet. I don't think Sideshow will try and re-sell a faulty product, at least not without fixing it first. :)

I say get it! I wouldn't want to be without it. The value of the piece will sky rocket once it is sold out.

Beware of the size. Here's a poor quality image showing it in comparison to the Iron Man Mk VII.

stego_zps70819ec3.jpg~original

The exclusive has been sold out for quite some time. The regular version hasn't been sold out yet. I don't think Sideshow will try and re-sell a faulty product, at least not without fixing it first. :)

I say get it! I wouldn't want to be without it. The value of the piece will sky rocket once it is sold out.

Beware of the size. Here's a poor quality image showing it in comparison to the Iron Man Mk VII.

stego_zps70819ec3.jpg~original

Thanks for the info, my man! I probably will pick this up...my kids will love it!

You're welcome, Bmutha! :)

I'm sure your kids will love it! Although you might just want to keep it for yourself! Ha ha! ;)

Then there's the risk of wanting to collect the entire line. :yess:

You will not regret this investment. Everything signed Jorge Blanco is pure art. It is a huge sculpture at a decent price, unlike Dilophosaurus is very small and very expensive.

Actually, I don't have much positive comment on Dilophosaurus...not because it's not beautiful (I bought one, received it this Monday), it's because the price and the size, think about the price and the size of Apatosaurs and you'll get what I mean. The detail is even better than Dilophosaurus in my opinion. I love my Dilophosaurus but kind of worry about the future of dinosauria line and miss the old day...I don't know why...maybe the price, the size, and the painting and sculpt quality (a combined reason)...I have feeling that this will be the slowest sold-out product ever in this line...sorry for being so negative...:slap

I understand you. This statue is very small and expensive, but I can say that in anatomically and detail does not correspond to a high standard. This statue is carved by one of the best sculptors in the world. Jorge Blanco has carved Apatosaurus and Dilophosaurus. You're right Apatosaurus comes first in my list of favorites from my collection of dinosaurs. 1 Apatosaurus, 2 T-Rex maquette , 3 Stegosaurus maquette., 4 Styracosaurus.

Last edited:
Believe me Dilophosaurus in Europe it sells really well. There are many people who buy these statues, and then they are sold out, selling statues at inflated prices.:(

Got my stegosaurus today...looks awesome. I will post some pics soon.

As far as the Dilophosaurus goes, I should be receiving mine soon...but I can say that you can't argue with the price on mine...it was free!! (Won it in the recent fossil day contest).

IMG_8792-001.JPG

Love this piece. It's eventually going to be my kids', but I will hang on to it for now...it's one of those "that'll be yours when you're older" type of things anyway!

Hi Tupuxuara,
Thanks for the response, I'm glad to hear that Dilophosaurus sales well in Europe from you, such a good news. I have to admit that I put a little bit high-expectation to SS. I hope everything goes well on Dilophosaurus and all its owners. BTW, you just mentioned 'Styracosaurus'...I have to say it's really a colorful beauty, a totally 'must-have' item for Dinosauria fan!! Carnosaurus is also amazing, better than T-Rex in my rank.

To Bmutha,

What a nice photo shot!! I also received this sweet mother-child pair a month ago. You'll love it more every day. haha~

Hey guys! Interesting thread. I'm new to collecting dinosaurian but was blown away when I saw some examples on the SS site. I've just ordered the stegosaurus and am excited to get a close look at it. Of course, everything I start I become a little obsessed with. In order to feed that obsession I have 2 questions. 1) Are there any other places that are making comparable quality statues and 2) what is the best internet reference for information on dinosaurs?

Hi dinocollectors and other good guys.

As well as I promised I upload a full photo set of this awesome statue.

From Russia with love.​

001.jpg

016.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

As usual, some great pictures:clap:clap:clap. Congratulations Deviliarh:wave:yess:. I honestly have to admit that I did not have courage to pull statues in nature, are too precious to break them.:lol

Back