Dinosauria: Stegosaurus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rare prototype image leaked! Or not. :lol

stegosaurus.jpg

Question for you dinosaur people:

The largest Stegosaurus ever found was approximately 40 feet long. Does anyone know where this skeleton is on display, if it is on display at all? If not, does anyone know where the largest Stegosaurus skeleton on display is located? All the specimens I have seen are less than 20 feet, some much smaller than that, even. Kind of lame! I'd like to see a larger Stegosaurus specimen eventually.

Thanks! :)

I'm not sure where you would find the largest Stegosaurus skeleton on display. A nearly complete skeleton is rare enough, let alone a nearly complete skeleton from that size range. Many of these displays use replicas to fill in the "gaps" where fossils are missing, or simply because they want to keep the original fossil safely stored. For that reason, I expect you would be more likely to find a large replica skeleton of what you seek, if one even exists.

Yeah, I didn't necessarily mean the actual skeleton. I realize many fossils on display are actually replicas. But if anyone knows where the largest Stegosaurus skeleton is located (replica or not) please let me know! :)

I was snappin pics of my turtles so I figured I'd take a couple of my dinosauria as well. For those who wondered if the bronze ones existed in the wild:

100_2960.jpg
100_2967.jpg

I sure hope that they stego is up for pre-order soon. I gotta see what kind of damage I'm doing.

I was snappin pics of my turtles so I figured I'd take a couple of my dinosauria as well. For those who wondered if the bronze ones existed in the wild:

100_2960.jpg
100_2967.jpg

Cool optical illusion, after staring at this pic for about five minutes dinosaurs appeared near the bottom of it...

Oh man, if it's a diorama with baby stegos, then this piece will have a HUGE footprint. That will cause some problems for me because I have so little display space. =(

But I'm still going to buy it. There's no doubt about that!

Oh man, if it's a diorama with baby stegos, then this piece will have a HUGE footprint. That will cause some problems for me because I have so little display space. =(

I'm right there with you.

I'd say there is prob at least one baby..could possibly fit on a base no larger than the Spinos base...I hope. lol

Back