Dinosauria: Stegosaurus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was possibly going to be my first (and probably only) Dinosauria piece, but the stance killed it for me. I wanted a definitive Stegosaurus, not one in a theoretical posture. Despite only seeing this one photo, I'm definitely disappointed and will now pass.

We were told by the sculptor and guys in charge of Dinosauria at Sideshow it would be a Diorama...featuring an adult Stegosaurus and one or more juveniles. It was said it would HUGE and would easily be the center piece of our Dinosauria collections unless that changed since last month when I spoke to Jorge.

September would make sense too..first quarter is the Pterosaur, 2nd quarter is the Apatosaurus, so 3rd quarter could be the Stego..we haven't heard of any other pieces yet at any rate...two big pieces in a row could be a financial pain though.

Maybe there will be another small piece in between them and it'll be Q4 for the Stego? Personally two back to back high priced items will be easier than having an additional 100-150 dollar item in between.

The maquettes are the single animals and Dios have two so far...maybe Sideshow just screwed up calling it a maquette..or maybe just because it's not a VS piece.. ?

Who knows. To a great extent it's all semantics.

You have to remember everything but the bones is theoretical...Stegosaurs have long been thought to be able to rear up to a degree..and some paleontologists have said it's a possibility...so it's not purely guess work.

We have only seen the one image which looks to not have been the best angle..so I would wait and see .

Maybe there will be another small piece in between them and it'll be Q4 for the Stego? Personally two back to back high priced items will be easier than having an additional 100-150 dollar item in between.

Who knows. To a great extent it's all semantics.

You mean it will easier having a 100-150.00 item between the expensive releases right ? I def agree.

I tried to clear it up with the sculptor last night about what it's called..but he basically made it sound like it was up to Sideshow what they call it...he wasn't sure how they figured it up.

Well, I guess it all depends on what is next. I'd rather have two big releases over the course of nine months than two big releases and a small release over the course of nine months.

That'd be nice. I'd love to see some smaller dinos in addition to the big guys.

And they promised a marine reptile at some point, so maybe that will be unveiled down the line.

I know. I just need a raise. And more space. :lol

heh heh.. the constant cry of the collector !

I hear ya though... ;)

I've brought up all our ideas in each discussion...no mention of small packs or herds..marine reptiles..I was told that they couldn't see not doing one at some point.

They were thinking busts and when talking about the Pteros they did say Pterosaurs.. plural so hopefully more than one.

Lastly we talked about favorites of theirs that might pop up...Ceratosaurus was heavily featured and maybe Giganotosaurus and an Allosaurus maquette.

Thanks for passing our ideas along. I have a feeling since this line seems to have a small but passionate and faithful following that Sideshow pays attention to what we are talking about in these threads. But having someone pass that on to the artists is even better reinforcement!

That's part of the reason I love this board and why it irritates me when people are disrespectful in it.

No doubt. In terms of being offensive I wasn't thinking so much about these threads as others. I think we dinosauria fans tend to be a bit more of a learned crowd and able to express our views without being offensive. :lol

We were told by the sculptor and guys in charge of Dinosauria at Sideshow it would be a Diorama...featuring an adult Stegosaurus and one or more juveniles. It was said it would HUGE and would easily be the center piece of our Dinosauria collections unless that changed since last month when I spoke to Jorge.

September would make sense too..first quarter is the Pterosaur, 2nd quarter is the Apatosaurus, so 3rd quarter could be the Stego..we haven't heard of any other pieces yet at any rate...two big pieces in a row could be a financial pain though.

The Calendar says MAQUETTE so even though it has the baby its a maquette, not a dio. Dios are vs pieces.

No doubt. In terms of being offensive I wasn't thinking so much about these threads as others. I think we dinosauria fans tend to be a bit more of a learned crowd and able to express our views without being offensive. :lol

You are absolutely right, sir. I think those of us who collect this line, know how to give constructive criticism, without being offensive. :wink1:

It's great to know that these threads are being read by those responsible for bringing us these masterpieces.:wave

Back