Detolf and other shelving systems

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's a really good display cabinet for Hot Toys figures? My collection's getting pretty big and detolf's just aren't doing it anymore.

I'd really like to display all of the new Terminator figures together as well as my Aliens, Marines, and Predators, but I can't seem to find anything that's wide enough to do this. If you could remove the panel between that double besta, It'd probably be perfect, but I don't think you can.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Bestas are nice for Premium Formats & Life Sized Busts. I'd suggest you look into Billys from IKEA for your Hot Toys figures if the Detolfs aren't doing it anymore.

Bestas are nice for Premium Formats & Life Sized Busts. I'd suggest you look into Billys from IKEA for your Hot Toys figures if the Detolfs aren't doing it anymore.

Billy's are excellent way to go although they are not as deep, they are about 10" deep so just make sure you don't have any big environments or something, other than that I would agree with Nitro on the Billy.

Looking good SS! I remember the doors for the Billy were a pain too.

Looking good SS! I remember the doors for the Billy were a pain too.

Thanks. I am thinking of getting a Billy down the line to replace my Detolf but not sure if my Idol chamber will fit yet. Would love to see some photos of the Billy with 12" figures in them.

I'm tired with my Detolfs as well. Winded up buying 4 of them at one point. I'll pickup another Besta w/Tombos & Dioder lighting at some point to house my PF's and 1:1 busts on the way...I do like the Detolfs for my Master Replicas Lightsabers & Replica wrestling belts though.

a quick question guys regarding the bestas . What did you need to put them together ?.
Mine aren't here yet. I'm just wondering if you get what you need with them ?.

detolfs:
Someone on another board bought rods that are threaded from top to bottom and replaced the existing ones making the shelves adjustable. Since the manufacturer's are just rods that are held together with a nut at the top and bottom it's just a matter of finding those threaded rods.

sorry to necropost but did anyone ever try this out or find out more info about it at least? i've been using detolfs for my 1/6ers for a couple years but im starting to buy a few statues now. id hate to sacrifice so much space by removing a shelf just because a piece is a couple inches too tall. i saw the rod/ziptie method in the detolf mod thread but im not sure how stable that be for comiquettes and PFs.

Talk to Nacho here on the Boards Viper, He has all the intel you need on that question, Tell him I put you on his trail :).

I just bought a Besta to display some PFs in and I definitely need to hook up some lighting. Can anyone recommend a good route to go?

Talk to Nacho here on the Boards Viper, He has all the intel you need on that question, Tell him I put you on his trail :).

Nacho's is the twist tie method - but I would be curious about the threaded rod method for adjustable shelves. I bought a long threaded rod that I was going to cut down for new cross pieces, but I hadn't thought about using it as the support pieces.

guys,ive sealed the gaps in my detolf by running cellotape along them (as i smoke) do u think my figures having little to no oxygen is bad for them? any opinion welcome thanks! you can just about make out the tape in the flash)
Image0094.jpg

The less oxygen the better if you could vacuum seal it & cut out all UV light it would be perfect, but pointless... Oxygen is bad for everything including Human DNA but at least your figures have no need to breath. should help with the smoke I guess, you could always give up smoking & buy more figures :monkey3

The less oxygen the better if you could vacuum seal it & cut out all UV light it would be perfect, but pointless... Oxygen is bad for everything including Human DNA but at least your figures have no need to breath. should help with the smoke I guess, you could always give up smoking & buy more figures :monkey3

i wish i could stop smoking! you are so right! yeh i couldnt vacuum seal it obviously but i figured what ive done with the c/tape is better than nothing as i want to prolong the life of my things for as long as possible!
(i was told to place a cup of water in the detolf to keep moisture levels up as well,which ive done!?!)

and as for sunlight-thats kept to a minimal (i place a towel/sheet over the detolf if i go out or its really sunny which is rare over here!

(i was told to place a cup of water in the detolf to keep moisture levels up as well,which ive done!?!)
Funny I do the opposite I add those little Silicon Sache's which come with the figures to draw any excess moisture away :dunno
I think excessive dry air is bad, say if you live the desert or have aircon set on dry constantly, the rubber on figures would be affected but the UK mmmm not so sure. I guess it's something we all have to figure out for each of our locations

Thank Sloaner, the dioders are a bit pricey...do the LACK lights also emit low heat?

Back