Detolf and other shelving systems

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wish i could stop smoking! you are so right! yeh i couldnt vacuum seal it obviously but i figured what ive done with the c/tape is better than nothing as i want to prolong the life of my things for as long as possible!
(i was told to place a cup of water in the detolf to keep moisture levels up as well,which ive done!?!)

and as for sunlight-thats kept to a minimal (i place a towel/sheet over the detolf if i go out or its really sunny which is rare over here!

Not to hijack the thread... but... you should stop smoking for your health alone. Don't try. Just quit. You will feel better, be happier and have more money left over. It's like getting over a relationship... the first few weeks are bad... but after a month or two you will really start to see the benefits outweighing the negative.

Hey guys,

Just bought two detolf shelves form ikea this weekend. The room I plan to put them in is kinda cramped. Is it possible to move them room to room without anything breaking?

I just noticed that on the IKEA site they now only have two Detolf models available and those had a yellow price tag. Are they discontinuing the detolfs????

I just noticed that on the IKEA site they now only have two Detolf models available and those had a yellow price tag. Are they discontinuing the detolfs????

In immediate panic I checked the belgian website and saw the same yellow label. I've emailed the CS and they say the detolfs will NOT go out of production but I did not get an explanation for the labels.

I have a couple of the Nordens and they are not my favorite but I absolutely love the Besta line. It makes some awesome displays.

Something that can support the size and weight of the heavier polystone items (Jabba & Throne) while maintaining a somewhat open view is what I'm hoping for. I can dream can't I?

Ok this is technically my fault but come on. I was in the area so I bought 2 inreda lights for my Besta. I only bought two cause I wanted to try them out. Well I get home and I noticed they don't come with the cord to plug into the wall, it is sold separately. Apparently I need to worry about that kind of stuff now. Again it is my fault but still pissed me off. It uses a two prong to plug into the LED box. My ikea is two hours away so it isn't an easy drive and I am not out there very often. Curious if anyone might know an alternative. It doesn't look like they sell them online.

EDIT: Looks like the might sell SOME cord systems online but not sure if they will work for the Inreda.

This is what I bought https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30180778

2nd EDIT: WTF, the US version of the page doesn't mentioned a cording system to use with it but the Hong Kong version of the page does: https://www.ikea.com/hk/en/catalog/products/50165404

Just bought 12 of these tonight. You definitely need the Ansluta cord

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30121411

I'm sure you've probably already figured this out, but if not...

You really only need one of the 'power' cord. You can use this intermdiate cord between the two 'boxes' that come with this light.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40119926

Yea I saw that after a little digging, thanks!

I still need to order these though. Doh!

I got my first Hot Toys collectible a couple days ago (Iron Man Mark IV) and I'm really interested in reading more about these shelves. They sound like the way to go for the small Iron Man display I'm working on.

Hey everyone, I've been reading through the entire thread and am impressed at all of the ideas.

I've been looking at the Detolfs for a while but my biggest issue is that even though the price is right, I have way too many figures and I would need a ton of them to get the display I want.

Would the Billy book cases with glass doors be my next best option? Also does Ikea sell the individual glass shelves?

Are there any other glass cases that would work. I've found a bunch of professional display cases

HTML:
https://www.displays2go.com/Product.aspx?ID=14801

HTML:
https://www.displays2go.com/Product.aspx?ID=13221

these are really expensive though and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with these.

Thanks.

I'm going to assume that you need a display for 12" figures; I have both Detolfs and Billy bookshelves and I prefer the Detolfs.
The problem with the Billy's is that they have a fixed shelf in the middle for stability which means you can only create 4 spaces in one Billy if you want to display 1/6 figures with headpieces or bases (and I'm not talking big ones). Granted they are wide enough to display about 7 figures in a staggered line without looking all too crowded. You could populate the top of Billy but that's really too high to do a figure justice.

On the other hand you can place 2 Detolf on the wallspace of 1 Billy, leave a bit of opening and still retain a very roomy illusion because of the glass panels. Also I don't mind posing 4 figures per shelf in them as they are visible from 3 sides.

So you could say that a Billy can house 28 figures while 2 Detolfs can take 32 for the same wallspace. Plus the top of the Detolfs are not too high to be used either.

If your room is big enough you could even create a center collumn with Detolfs. The illusion of space is a great advantage with these.
All in all it's important to know how high your figures will get though , Detolf shelves are fixed and moving 1 Billy shelf will compromise another space.

Thanks Doomhammer.

I was talking about 1/6th scale figures. I was looking at the Billy's as kind of a corner combination, replacing the wooden shelves with glass ones and putting on glass doors to keep the dust out.

It kind of sucks that you still only get four shelves basically because of the middile one that's stuck in place.

I may just have to go to IKEA and see them in person.

Hey guys,

For anyone who owns detolfs, is it possible to display Sideshow's premium format figures on the top? Or would it be to heavy for the unit?

Hey guys,

For anyone who owns detolfs, is it possible to display Sideshow's premium format figures on the top? Or would it be to heavy for the unit?

hi, i believe you can put heavy thing on the top and the bottom, but the glass shelves only hold 16 pounds, check on the forum, and you will find many infor !!

Back