Detolf and other shelving systems

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need a little help. I'm gonna need more shelves as my collection grows, and the Detolfs look really nice, plus they are pretty reasonably priced. Only thing is the weight capacity on the shelves, and the fact that I want to put PF's on them. It says the shelves can handle about 13 pounds, and I noticed on the product description that quite a few PF's are 13 pounds and under, so I'm thinking that it would be alright. So would Detolf's be a decent choice for PF's as long as they are within 13 pounds, or are there other options as far as displaying PF's go. The Detolf's are so reasonably priced and compact that they would fit in really good for me because my place isn't too big. Thanks for the help guys.

I have used them for years now without incident, they are economical and allow for a just about perfect display; the all-glass construction is great for most purposes. I have all my PFs displayed on the shelves, and as was mentioned you will be limited to two PFs per case (you need to remove two rows of glass). I have put well over the 13 lbs on them as well.

:drink

I have used them for years now without incident, they are economical and allow for a just about perfect display; the all-glass construction is great for most purposes. I have all my PFs displayed on the shelves, and as was mentioned you will be limited to two PFs per case (you need to remove two rows of glass). I have put well over the 13 lbs on them as well.

:drink

Would it be alright to put a PF on the very top of the Detolf on the outside, as well as 2 inside on the shelves?

Would it be alright to put a PF on the very top of the Detolf on the outside, as well as 2 inside on the shelves?

Why yes, it would.

CollectiblesRoom10308017.jpg

:D

The hand holding Ann will hang over the edge, but it is indeed wide enough to hold the base.

:wave

i just noticed the reflection in your vader detolf :lol i was wondering what that thing was poking out at the bottom of the picture lol.
thats awesome. i wish i could have a collection like that

Last edited:
i just noticed the reflection in your vader detolf :lol i was wondering what that thing was poking out at the bottom of the picture lol.
thats awesome. i wish i could have a collection like that

:lol I didn't even notice, but that IS funny! :lol

Been looking at these shelves, but I couldn't find anywhere the actual height of each shelf? I have some things I want to put in there that are about 15-16 inches tall. Will it fit? Does anyone have the actual height dimension? Thanks.

Well I thought in light of the acrylic case thread that a thread about different types of shelving systems would be good.
I would really like to know the inside usable dimensions of all the different kinds of shelving products. We can make this a sticky just in order to talk about display shelves.

Well I plan on driving the 3 and half hrs sometime within the next two months down to Atlanta GA (cant wait until Charlotte get IKEA in a few years) and Im going to probably pick up 10 Detolf for my Sideshow 12" collection. Before I do I thought I would ask you guys a few questions about them. What is the inside of one shelfs length width and height. Also are they pretty stable and not feel like their about to fall apart or anything.

My plan is to put two figures per shelf with the box behind the figure. Also is dust a really big problem getting in through the holes in the side.

But anyway if you have any other shelving ideas or want to report specific numbers of the shelving your using with all its information that would be great.

Also how about the Docent how are they.

Anyway any help would be appreciated.

Hey where did you here NC is getting a store? Im from Charlotte going to school in wilmington..so that would be awesome, to get some cases close

Personally, I like a more adjustable system, which the deltofs just dont provide. You're limited to 2 PF's per rack. That's at least 4-8 inches x 2 of wasted space.

Just go with a Besta system from Ikea and get the Glass Doors. They also have glass shelves available that I believe hold around 22lbs or so.

Anyone know the height of the individual shelf? I have some items approx at 15" tall, some less some more, just wanted to know if they'd fit in there. I can't find the answer anywhere. If someone could measure one of the shelves, I'd so appreciate it!

Anyone know the height of the individual shelf? I have some items approx at 15" tall, some less some more, just wanted to know if they'd fit in there. I can't find the answer anywhere. If someone could measure one of the shelves, I'd so appreciate it!

I guess you mean the Detolf, so I just measured mine, the heights are:

bottom shelf: 39,6 cm -> 15,5905512 inches
both middle shelves: 38,9 -> 15,3149606 inches
upper shelf: 38,1 cm -> 15 inches

(all the inches are according to google)

Hope it helps.:)

We don't have an ikea here in TN, and no, I'm not surprised. I mean, it's TN...But I am heading to Texas next week and am going to pick up atleast 1 of these detolfs because I think it'd be a huge mistake not to have one. I haven't left my 12" out due to dust and space on the shelves I have now. So I want to be able to display my babies out of their boxes. And I want to do it nowish. I have 22 12" so I guess I need 2.

Can anyone tell me how these are packaged? I have a sports car and well, dunno about the package length. Will these fit in my car?

The german ikea website states the size of the package is:

width: 41 cm -> 16.1417323 inches
height: 9 cm -> 3.54330709 inches
length: 164 cm -> 64.5669291 inches -> 5.38057743 feet

weight: 40,4 kg -> 89,0667539 pounds

Last edited:
I guess you mean the Detolf, so I just measured mine, the heights are:

bottom shelf: 39,6 cm -> 15,5905512 inches
both middle shelves: 38,9 -> 15,3149606 inches
upper shelf: 38,1 cm -> 15 inches

(all the inches are according to google)

Hope it helps.:)

Yes, thank you SOOOO MUCH! I've been looking for this information everywhere, I think this will work out well for me, just gotta get to IKEA any day now! Cheers!:chew

Can anyone tell me how these are packaged? I have a sports car and well, dunno about the package length. Will these fit in my car?

I wouldnt' think so, they are heavy, and the box is essentially about 6 ft long.

Back