Detolf and other shelving systems

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, thank you SOOOO MUCH! I've been looking for this information everywhere, I think this will work out well for me, just gotta get to IKEA any day now! Cheers!:chew

It was also listed earlier in the thread (post 56 to be exact), if you would have read it...:duh. :lol

We don't have an ikea here in TN, and no, I'm not surprised. I mean, it's TN...But I am heading to Texas next week and am going to pick up atleast 1 of these detolfs because I think it'd be a huge mistake not to have one. I haven't left my 12" out due to dust and space on the shelves I have now. So I want to be able to display my babies out of their boxes. And I want to do it nowish. I have 22 12" so I guess I need 2.

Can anyone tell me how these are packaged? I have a sports car and well, dunno about the package length. Will these fit in my car?

I think you could manage it. I would pop the turnk and fit it in long ways as far back as it will go, just lower the back seat back to get more trunk space, if possible. I would imagine they are completely unassembled and packaged in a 6 foot long card board box, probably only 6 inches or so in height. But that's just a guess. I would use some bungee cord or rope to tie down just in case.

If you're driving from TN to TX, just hope it doesn't rain. and your popped trunk may prevent you from seeing out of rearview.... and your popped trunk may also create a wind-tunnel inside your sports car at speeds greater than 65 mph..... Erm, on second thought, maybe don't try it. :lol:lol:lol

Go with craigslist instead.

So I put the Alien dio on one shelf, Aliens on the next shelf, and the Predator on the 3rd shelf. Are these shelves entirely stable? I think the weight capacity is around 2.2 kilograms which converts to 13lbs. but the dios seem heavier than they look. It's freaking me out!:dunno

Upgrade and get the Besta system from Ikea. I love it!

watermark.php

I think detolfs fit figures better than statues , perfect size and stuff , four shelves ( and the top ). The besta seem to suit statues more.
Once my plasterer has finished my room up here ( tomorrow hopefully ) and the floors down after paint I should be using 2 detolfs behind the door and for the figures maybe a lack ( also from ikea , they rock :rock ) to the left of the room.

Thanks for the info on the Besta's. This is exactly what I have been looking for. Gonna order some as soon as I can.

Hi all

This is my first post and I have a question. Is it okay to place a legendary bust (Iron man) on one of the glass shelf of the Detolf?? It seems kinda heavy for it but I want to make sure its okay.

Thanx

Hi all

This is my first post and I have a question. Is it okay to place a legendary bust (Iron man) on one of the glass shelf of the Detolf?? It seems kinda heavy for it but I want to make sure its okay.

Thanx

They hold up to 22lbs each. No prob for most.

Does anyone have any tips to keep the dust out of the detolf? Any sort of seal around the doors? I think someone hinted there was an option, but I don't know where to find this seal.

Hi all

Thanx

You'll be fine with a LSM on the shelf. I have the 1:2 Batman and 1:2 Joker busts in my Detolfs and they are fine.

New_Room_056.jpg

Back