DEAR NASH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bodie The Cursed said:

It is OK Bodie, the next game will not even give you a reason to think the Lakers have a chance. It was mean for them to give you false hope this time :monkey2

Wait till we upgrade Kwame w/ Garnett!! :monkey5

Ive given Kwame a chance.. He riminds me too much of Elden Cambell..

I hope we trade him.

IMO the game turned on us when Farmar got his 4th and dip**** Smush Parker came in and flubbed...

Bodie The Cursed said:
Wait till we upgrade Kwame w/ Garnett!! :monkey5

Ive given Kwame a chance.. He riminds me too much of Elden Cambell..

I hope we trade him.

IMO the game turned on us when Farmar got his 4th and dip**** Smush Parker came in and flubbed...
YES, Kwame is the 2nd coming of Elden Campbell! Bring on K.G.!!

I hope Parker is gone too, he's proven to be too much of a crybaby and he came in and basically gave Barbosa everything he wanted.

Have to say a single good thing about the hated Lakers. Walton has improved tremendously. He is a genuine all around role player who fits with this team perfectly. I did not think he was good enough to play pro ball - and for two years he proved it. But he has come along and now he looks like he belongs. On a team where he had to do more - like scoring - he would not fit as well - but with the Lakers where he is not one of the obvious scoring options he is a good fit.

Nice to see the Spurs upset in game one. I would not bet for them to lose game 2. Utah looks like they cannot handle Yao and the Rockets. Dallas lost their opener and I would be shocked if they lose more than one more in that series. Nice Don Nelson backstory to this one.

In the end it will be Phoenix and the Pistons.

well of course Phoenix coul kick your ass .... no doubt about that. :D

The Lakers are only competitive when Kobe has a Hall of Fame game. He looked tremendous in that first half but then took off the Superman outfit and the Lakers tanked.

At least we agree on the Pistons in the finals.

We are 1 or 2 upgrades away from being dangerous..

Right now relying on Kwame and Bynum to be consistantly good is asking to much of Young Bynum and No Heart/Game Kwame.. God if we could only put Turiofs Heart in Kwame.. He is such a big *****..

Kobe did cool off but I think we lost when Smush Parker came in and let Barbosa go butt wild.. Smush as been wearing on me and Id like to see him go.. His defense is a huge part of our problem as a team..He has quick hands but doesnt stay in front of anyone.. Thats where our problems begin... Also he likes to freelance on the offense.. I don't think so Smush..

Last edited:
Your statement -- one or two upgrades away from being dangerous -- is very true. But it also applies to at least half the teams in the NBA. Kwame is the typical athlete of the new millenium who had everything his own way since he came out of diapers and never really had to bust his butt. So now he just puts it in neutral and thinks that is good enough. Because of the height thing there are some sad basketball players in that position.

Barbosa seemed to be on some type of speed as he just blew buy the defense several times.

This thread looks like fun, can I join in?

Basketball is for losers.

NFL Football > Basketball

:moon

gideon said:
Your statement -- one or two upgrades away from being dangerous -- is very true. But it also applies to at least half the teams in the NBA. Kwame is the typical athlete of the new millenium who had everything his own way since he came out of diapers and never really had to bust his butt. So now he just puts it in neutral and thinks that is good enough. Because of the height thing there are some sad basketball players in that position.

Barbosa seemed to be on some type of speed as he just blew buy the defense several times.

I still have my fingers crossed for Garnett.. I love him.

Barbosa did impress me as well.. He is the reason they won.

GO NUGGETS! :chew

wow, ai really played great. quite a feat to beat the spurs in s.a. to open the series. i think the carmello/ai combo will be hard to beat.

the lakers need more than just kobe against the suns.

Kevin Garnett on a bunch of teams would take them to title contenders. Imagine Cleveland with Garnett. All the sudden they become the favorites in the East.

Hockey???? I see where the ratings for the NBC games are in a new sublevel basement dug out just for this occassion. I was raised on hockey here in Michigan and simply turned off to it years ago. If the NHL played on the bigger ice like the rest of the world and they really cut back on the goonish thuggery associated with the worst aspects of the game, I could get into it. I greatly prefer the European game with emphasis on skating and passing using the bigger ice to spread the game out allowing the players to show their skills a bit more.

Denver did look good yesterday. We will see if they can sustain that over a long series.

KG is an impact player.. A rarity rotting away in Minnesota.. He needs to wrap up his career in style as a Laker.

Hockey blows and Football lost me years ago.. I wont even mention baseball *snores*

Denver has no dominant bigman.. They are like the Suns little brother..

GO LAKERS!!!

Too bad I can't contribute in this thread. I'm a Celtics fan :lol :lol

The only thing we had to look forward to this year was hoping that our team would keep losing to improve our chances for the #1 or #2 pick in the draft lottery for Greg Oden or Kevin Durant...

Hope its Durant. Oden is a slug. He may develop into a journeyman banger but thats all you can hope for. And i stress the word MAY - I would not even bet on that. Durant can be a true all star and sell some tickets.

Back