DEAR NASH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nash said:
im hoping he can stay healthy for one whole season as well, but i think he will have a good season.
Until he plays against Bruce Bowen or Robert Horry.;)

Gideon would agree and then some. Every player in the league puts his career in jeapordy everytime he has to play against the likes of Robert "The Great Satan" Horry or Bowen. I watched Hill play here early in his pro career and was very impressed. Of course, the years in Florida were less than kind to him. I see him as an off the bench role player for the Suns who could help a bit on an already great team.

It is interesting that people like Grant Hill and Garnett want to play for the Suns while nobody seems to be beating down the Lakers door to play for them. Just the opposite in fact.

I definitely think that Hill's impact on the Suns will be a significant one. He can give Nash more minutes off the floor since Diaw wasn't very productive at all this last season. Plus it will take some of the pressure off of Barbosa and just allow him to run n gun instead of having to do the playmaking decisions. Not to mention the Suns can always use some veteran help!

This is going to be a great team!

gideon said:
Gideon would agree and then some. Every player in the league puts his career in jeapordy everytime he has to play against the likes of Robert "The Great Satan" Horry or Bowen. I watched Hill play here early in his pro career and was very impressed. Of course, the years in Florida were less than kind to him. I see him as an off the bench role player for the Suns who could help a bit on an already great team.

It is interesting that people like Grant Hill and Garnett want to play for the Suns while nobody seems to be beating down the Lakers door to play for them. Just the opposite in fact.
Just out of curiosity , who else do you consider dirty in the league?

Bannister ... good question which I cannot really answer. Lots of players have done stupid or foolish things at times that were over the line. In a semi-contact game like basketball where stakes are high that is to be expected. One or even two incidents do not make a DIRTY BALLPLAYER. It takes a career to do that. I guess that is what divides Bowen from most others.

Regarding Horry - I lay it on pretty thick about him and have publicly blamed him for the Suns fate - but to tell the truth I despise him because of his skill and abilities. It seems over the years he has drilled more key shots to beat various teams that I wanted to win - Pistons, Celtics, etc. It is a loathing based on his ability. I have learned to hate him because of his ability to beat the teams I have loved. That is to his credit and that is what he is paid to do and has done it well. The Nash hip check is a whole different thing and just underlined my emotions towards him even more.

gideon said:
Bannister ... good question which I cannot really answer. Lots of players have done stupid or foolish things at times that were over the line. In a semi-contact game like basketball where stakes are high that is to be expected. One or even two incidents do not make a DIRTY BALLPLAYER. It takes a career to do that. I guess that is what divides Bowen from most others.

Regarding Horry - I lay it on pretty thick about him and have publicly blamed him for the Suns fate - but to tell the truth I despise him because of his skill and abilities. It seems over the years he has drilled more key shots to beat various teams that I wanted to win - Pistons, Celtics, etc. It is a loathing based on his ability. I have learned to hate him because of his ability to beat the teams I have loved. That is to his credit and that is what he is paid to do and has done it well. The Nash hip check is a whole different thing and just underlined my emotions towards him even more.
At least you admit your bias.:lol The thing that got me in the playoffs this year was how everyone was talking about the Spurs being dirty and no one was talking about Golden State. Baron Davis clocked Derek Fisher and didn't get suspended and no one was calling him dirty. In fact, he did practically the same thing to Tony Parker in a a regular season game late in the season, when the Warriors were losing big to the Spurs.

I definitely think that Hill's impact on the Suns will be a significant one. He can give Nash more minutes off the floor since Diaw wasn't very productive at all this last season. Plus it will take some of the pressure off of Barbosa and just allow him to run n gun instead of having to do the playmaking decisions. Not to mention the Suns can always use some veteran help!

This is going to be a great team!

Grant Hill WAS a good ball player last decade BEFORE his barrage of injuries..

At this point in his career he is nothing more than a novelty.. Nothing to shake your weiner at... Another softy in the Suns line up.. Just what they didn't need.. :lol < LOL!!

Also when Gideon mentioned no one was knocking at the Lakers door to play, I think he meant The Celtics and The Bucks..

Also the last true dirty players to play in the league were Rodman and Lambier.. Who was the Phoenix player that told AC green he was going to knock out his teeth before he actually did it to end his consecutive games streak?.. He could be added to that list..

Edit: Just remembered.. Danny Fortson..

Last edited:
Grant Hill WAS a good ball player last decade BEFORE his barrage of injuries..

At this point in his career he is nothing more than a novelty.. Nothing to shake your weiner at... Another softy in the Suns line up.. Just what they didn't need.. :lol < LOL!!

Hahaha I'll be waiting to rub it in your face when my Suns eliminate your joke of a team the LA Flakers from next years playoffs. Oh wait, there's probably a very good chance that LA wont even make it to the playoffs! Oops my bad!! :rotfl:rotfl

If a soft team like the suns can oust your Flakers so easily, wonder what it says about them. :monkey3

:lol < LOL!!

If a soft team like the suns can oust your Flakers so easily, wonder what it says about them.

We will be better.. Some forget how badly injured we were from the all star break onward.. Fisher will replace smush, doesnt sound like much but that is a drastic improvement both within the offense and defensively...

Back