DC Joker Movie (Non-DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now, Phoenix is probably my favorite Joker.

Ledger is great, and so is Nicholson, but they're both limited by that PG-13 rating. Ledger made Nicholson look like a cartoon character in comparison, and Phoenix did the same thing to Ledger. There's just no comparison. You watch things like the "why so serious" scene where they cut away from Gambol with the horror string sound, or the completely sterile interrogation beat down and it just seems like child's play to everything we as the audience witness in Joker. It's made more apparent when you recall how "GRITTY" and "REALISTIC" they supposedly were.

Also, the Ledger and Nicholson Jokers get visibly upset when they're called crazy. The Phoenix one embraces it. Yeah he might not be a criminal gangster mastermind, but he has luck and true unpredictability on his side. He's deadlier.

Not that this Joker is super bloody but the lack of blood in TDK hurts it even back then.

TDK pencil trick seems rather silly now doesn?t it.

Funny how a midget works in the context of this Joker but would?ve felt out of place in TDK lol

So what would a batmobile look like in this Joker universe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Shame all protesters in HK aren?t wearing Joker masks lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took a while, but here you go.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...g-activists-wear-Joker-Winnie-Pooh-masks.html

19918416-7590823-Demonstrators_held_up_their_phone_lights_and_chanted_slogans_cal-a-46_157148252.jpg

Yes, the lack of blood is noticeable, so much in fact that I just noticed last night that Joker's face was cut by Batman when he told him," I know how you got these" and shot him with the gauntlet spikes. :lol It took me 11 years to notice the extra cut on his face. :lol

Jye stays at Agony Island only to discover that he's become the Joker in a nightmarish world where no one believes that he's the true Joker. Once he is able to shed his preconceptions, only then does he learn what the true meaning of Jokerism is.

Mr. Rorker congratulations him on his stay with a knowing wink when he leaves... and no Adams apple.

I wonder if the success of this movie - and the major subplot this movie lifts and De Niro's turn in the Jerry Lewis role - will inspire people to revisit "King of Comedy." I never loved the movie decades ago but watched again a year or two ago and found it so brilliant. Really one of Scorsese's best movies that seems to have become more important than ever with the rise of the internet and social media.

Back