Daredevil (2003)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVILFACE

Super Freak
Reaction score
Apparently this movie rocks harder than Batman v Superman.

:monkey4

daredevil-7-1428504399.gif

I haven't seen the Netflix version, but this was about as satisfying as drinking hotdog water.

I liked a lot about this movie at the time. I thought Farrell's Bullseye was pretty great. He was just hamming it up, but it fit perfectly with such a nutso character. The one thing I didn't like was Garner as Elektra. That felt totally wrong, and the see-saw scene is just terrible. I also hated that DD was a wanton murderer, and am glad that in the TV show they've gone totally in the opposite direction, with a huge part of his internal conflict being his opposition to a vigilante killer like Punisher. His point of view about this issue sours a couple of his key relationships.

Loved this movie when it came out. Still remember the evanescence song. Ah yes good times.

Funny thing is the costume in this is actually more accurate than the Netflix one

It's ok. I give movie Daredevil a 6/10

Affleck is decent. Garner is hawt hawt hawt. Colin Farrell is fun. Michael Clarke Duncan is good as Fisk. Jon Favreau as usual in his acting roles sucks.

Loved him as Bullseye. Like you said he was fun and had a commanding presence. Killing the old lady with a peanut was awesome.

At first I was going to say I didn't remember him killing anyone in the movie but now that I think of it he did throw a guy in front of an oncoming train didn't he? :lol
Yes. In the scene they used to establish who DD is and how he operates, he just kills a guy. Seeing it at the theater, I was really put off by it. . .I can now see this is a running theme with my posts, having just been in the muck and mire of the Superman/Batman thread discussing such things :lol

At first I was going to say I didn't remember him killing anyone in the movie but now that I think of it he did throw a guy in front of an oncoming train didn't he? :lol
If I remember correctly, the guy falls onto the tracks after DD trips him to avoid getting his brains blown out and he just chooses not to save him. So yea, he let him die by getting run over, but he didn't throw him into an oncoming train either :wink1:
I actually liked this movie. :dunno I never saw the directors cut though. I need to get on that.

if you liked the original cut, I think you'll really like the director's cut. It's worth a watch IMO

If I remember correctly, the guy falls onto the tracks after DD trips him to avoid getting his brains blown out and he just chooses not to save him. So yea, he let him die by getting run over, but he didn't throw him into an oncoming train either :wink1:

Yeah, it's coming back to me now. The guy falls, DD kneels down and smugly says, "See that light, it ain't heaven, bla bla bla," and then goes and makes the symbol of the Crow in flames on the ground or something.

Back