DAMTOYS-The Godfather 1972 - 1/6th (Vito Corleone Formal Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Michael Corleon custom looks fantastic. Is that the Iminime head sculpt? The suit looks fantastic. Trying to decide whether to pick up the Dam Toys or just keep the Hot Toys and maybe consider the DT Golden Years.
It’s a recast of the Iminime one by Present Toys. It’s the same but the paint job application and details on the hair are inferior on the recast. You can see the difference in the pics below. If you are taking about Michael’s suit it’s the PP-Toys P003-A suit. Tbh I like it more than the suit of Iminime cause it’s not that thick. The Damtoys Formal suit Godfather is absolutely incredible especially the sculpt. My only gripes would be that the color of the hands doesn’t match that of the arms and that the legs are a bit stiff, so it’s difficult to make him sit down on the chair. Leaving all that aside,he looks really imposing and stands out in my collection!
22A320BF-4399-4D24-AB0D-41D909000F87.png
ECC12A09-4C5A-433D-84B2-D8EFA999863B.jpeg

I can't complain about the Spidey love too much to be honest, or I would be a hypocrite. For years I was sick of seeing hundreds of Iron Man and Star Wars trooper variants, while we only had a couple of Spidey figures. And now, they've done so many that they are actually producing one I fantasized about from the beginning of collecting 1/6 scale figures--a reasonably comic accurate version. Hot Toys quality, classic designed, comic accurate figures are what I want over all else in the Marvel and DC world. If not for Hot Toys producing every variant under the sun that might have never happened. But at the same time, I share your collective concerns about Hot Toys not doing more niche figures (crazy when we would even think of something like the Godfather or Terminator as niche, but. . .). Thankfully we do have Dam Toys, Blitzway, etc. out there filling those gaps, but you know the execs at those companies dream of being able to take Iron Man and Spider-Man away from Hot Toys.

So i opened up my Godfather last night. Didn't really have a chance to slowly examine, was a little rushed.

Super super quick impressions. The chair is cheap. I have the Enterbay one and although its under scaled, its way better painted and sculpted.

Both headsculpts look great, but they didn't provide an extra neck connector with the additional (arguably the better hear). So now i gotta go out and get another neck connector as its frustrating to remove the one on the default head. Not a deal breaker but its good to know ahead of time.

The velvet stand looks quite nice. Didn't fiddle with the accessories. The expression is good but does have a little bit of a sleepy vibe. What else... um... yeah the bow tie is a little cheap and flimsy and the waist coat looks strange and exposes the waist line of the white shirt. All in all, i think a pretty good figure. Better then the HT in my opinion.

So i opened up my Godfather last night. Didn't really have a chance to slowly examine, was a little rushed.

Super super quick impressions. The chair is cheap. I have the Enterbay one and although its under scaled, its way better painted and sculpted.

Both headsculpts look great, but they didn't provide an extra neck connector with the additional (arguably the better hear). So now i gotta go out and get another neck connector as its frustrating to remove the one on the default head. Not a deal breaker but its good to know ahead of time.

The velvet stand looks quite nice. Didn't fiddle with the accessories. The expression is good but does have a little bit of a sleepy vibe. What else... um... yeah the bow tie is a little cheap and flimsy and the waist coat looks strange and exposes the waist line of the white shirt. All in all, i think a pretty good figure. Better then the HT in my opinion.
To remove the neck peg just blow-dry it at high. After like 3-5 minutes it will be much much easier to remove. I had the same problem

Regarding the chair the enterbay is in some ways the best and worst. I loved that the chair was metal and sturdy plastic at the top. However is way to small.

The hot toys one is the nicest with a sponge like fabric but super cheap, this I can't comment on till I get mine.

GF Fans

Dont walk, run and secure a figure. I just got my DT GF and the figure is probably one of the best mass produced figure in the market.Both heads are amazing in hand and my biggest concern was the suit and
I am pleased to see the suit is as good as some of the best customs out there and I have them all.

I would say this GF is probably the mass produced figure of the year.

thumbnail.jpg

image_67200001.jpg

So glad I ordered this. Input alot of tikw into my custom, I even sold a custom extra I made, but this is over the top. Best version on the market, hands down.

Unfortunately, I probably wont see it till April. I am a loyal TimeWalker Toys customer, and it wont be there for a while….

So glad I ordered this. Input alot of tikw into my custom, I even sold a custom extra I made, but this is over the top. Best version on the market, hands down.

Unfortunately, I probably wont see it till April. I am a loyal TimeWalker Toys customer, and it wont be there for a while….

Yea I was never into mass produced figures because due to lack of quality in workmanship with thesculpt, body and clothing.

This one is one of those rare figure that checks all the boxes. If this was a custom figure, this would easily be a $1,000-$1,500 figure.

Anyone reviewed this figure anywhere yet? Some videos on YouTube but no professional reviews anywhere.

The sculpt is superb. The suit of the figure is indeed really good, even tho it’s not 100% accurate. My only big complaint would be that the body is a different color to that of the arms and head. That shouldn’t be acceptable for a figure that goes for almost 350$ in some sites.
AA6E7E11-2ADB-46EB-8D7F-5149249E6827.png

The sculpt is superb. The suit of the figure is indeed really good, even tho it’s not 100% accurate. My only big complaint would be that the body is a different color to that of the arms and head. That shouldn’t be acceptable for a figure that goes for almost 350$ in some sites. View attachment 549535
Yeah. I didn't expect this and hearing from you for the first time since no one else talked about it. They should have gone with the same skin tone as the hands and face most definitely.
Surprised Justin hasn't reviewed this!
Yeah usually he reviews them long before release dates.

Back