Dam Toys Godfather Don Vito Golden Years version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 headsculpts multiple display options and an excessive amount of accessories-it puts hot toys to shame.
Just look at that too-if that’s not impressive your blind. The tailoring is amazing-it literally looks like it walked off the screen & the base is like museum quality-u can have it with the road/pavement or the grass base. Then u get the table chairs & resting eyes. All look phenomenal. Mind actually blown & it shows how lazy hot toys have become

I came into Hot Toys during T-1000, DX Indiana Jones, T-800’s, Nicolson Joker, Heather Joker, Jack Sparrow, Sweeney Tod, Bespin Luke era. The attraction was the realistic headsculpt and all the accessories (Compared to the 3 3/4 and 7" hasbro/neca counterparts!! My excitement for 1/6 has declined considerable over the years averaging one a year (nothing in 2021). I'm not one to get excited about "Flavour of the month" announcements. I need my characters to marinate in Pop Culture before I feel it's worthy to be displayed on my shelf. Looking forward to bringing “sexy back” in the form of an old man!! Or maybe even two old men!! (Don’t Judge) :cool:

Last edited:
Got mine from KG hobby this week. I’m in New York.
Anyone who wants this from me can take it off my hands for the same cost as I paid at KG plus shipping to where you are at.

I took it out of the box to look at it briefly but that’s it,

I’m one of the biggest godfather fans I know and I just don’t think this figure is good enough to stay in my collection. I appreciate that it exists but it’s just not up to snuff for me.

if anyone wants to take it off my ands please send me a PM!

Anyone who wants this from me can take it off my hands for the same cost as I paid at KG plus shipping to where you are at.

I’m one of the biggest godfather fans I know and I just don’t think this figure is good enough to stay in my collection. I appreciate that it exists but it’s just not up to snuff for me.

Literally one of the most perfect figures i've ever seen

I find that actually astounding.
What do you think is wrong with it?

It's really funny coming from the person who buys the 'crappy' threezero GoT figures and fixes them up, but this one he says is just not good enough.

:dunno

It's probably more like the figure is so good, there's no mods he needs to do to it, and since everything he collects he mods or is custom, it's just got no place in his collection

Last edited:
I want to see his collection if he’s thinks this “isn’t up to snuff”

It's really funny coming from the person who buys the 'crappy' threezero GoT figures and fixes them up, but this one he says is just not good enough.

:dunno

It's probably more like the figure is so good, there's no mods he needs to do to it, and since everything he collects he mods or is custom, it's just got no
place in his collection

the crappy GOT threezero figures are easy to fix up because what they do well is the outfits.
Replacing their chunky boots modding bodies and repainting the heads or replacing it with custom heads is easy. I would rather NOT have to do all that work but I’ll take whatever I can get they are the ones that got the license and not much I can do about that…

none of the three heads in this set are up to par in my opinion. (But impressive it comes with three) The newer one they added later is vastly superior though to the one that’s on the body in the box.

I think the chair and table is nice. The base is weird i don’t understand why it can’t hold him but I like the rest of the accessories very much the cat is kind of ugly but by far the least ugly cat I’ve ever seen in 1/6… everything hot toys does is a monstrosity!

It’s far from a perfect figure though it’s not a bad effort for a mass figure at all. You’re never going to get something at the custom level from a mass release but i so think the weak link in the set is the paint and the sculpts. I’d be curious to see the newer neutral head repainted actually.

So despite what the the snarky remarks from what an eternally bitter and grouchy little guy might suggest; as I stated from the beginning …I’m not hating on the figure for what it is it’s more the fact that there’s not a lot of modifications that can be done to get it up to par with the rest of my collection given it’s a suited figure. And I’ll be the first to admit it’s mostly custom work or my own work so indeed it’s not the average persons caliber which is totally ok and as I said I’m really happy this offering exists as there needs to be more good godfather stuff on the market

I just can’t personally justify having it when I have custom godfather suits that looks better in my own personal collection for the casual buyer though I appreciate it and think it’s a noble effort.

I have better godfather custom heads and a new one coming that I could put atop the suit (and the suit tailoring honestly is not bad at all) but that’s what bothers me the most it’s the cut and material of it that’s a bit too inaccurate for me, a pinnstripe Wool is hard to pull off no doubt but this looks too off for me to care about having this outfit as big a fan as I am… and doesn’t hang well on the figure. I’ve yet to see anyone get it looking as good as it did in the prototype pics… II could commission to replace but the tie is the worst part it’s a cheap piece of plastic and it would help a lot . And the shoes are absolutely giant looking like Ronald McDonald feet, but those are easily replaceable which would help too. The coat I think is well done… the hat could be better perhaps with a ribbon replacement

so there are things that could be done to improve it.

all in all for a mass release suit I’ve seen far worse though.

like I said not a bad effort I’d give it a solid B /B+ just not for me

I find your remarks rather telling.
. Derogatory comments toward somebody that has a differing opinion to you?
I don’t even think you actually have the figure because your comments are so far off the mark. I’m all about constructive criticism but what your doing isn’t that.
I actually can’t understand your endgame? You have said the figure is pretty much trash then went on to compliment it because you got called out on it?

it’s just an issue with me and one person going back years has nothing to do with the figure which my opinions are more neutral on.

read my first comment all I said was that I appreciated it existed but it wasn’t for me.

I went on to elaborate why.

my end game is just to get rid of it now. Want to buy it from me?

The sleeping headsculpt and the revised/added headsculpt are absolutely 100% spot on Vito Corleone. Both are way better than the hot toys headsculpt. The only thing stopping it from being perfect is no magnetic base, everything else is amazing. A far better release than most Hot Toys figures.

Guys,

Relax, everyone is entitled to their opinion on a figure. A collector also does not owe anyone a reason why they really want to sell. I can tell you I am a huge custom collector like Ray and Ray is certainly entitled to what he thinks or want to do with his figure.

I will call a spade as a spade. I can tell you if you look at the other recent Dam Toys Formal Tux Godfather release, I actuality felt the Tux and overall presentation was as good if not even better than my Yunsil Custom GF.

With this release, I saw some pictures and to be honest, I was concerned with the fit of the suit, hat size and coat. When my new DT GF figure arrives, I can give everyone my review. The good, bad and ugly will be shared

Last edited:
People who are insecure in their opinions or just want to lord it over everyone else, resort to censorship.

Anyone that has this in hand is there enough gap on the base to fit strong magnets?

Really hate the idea of this standing with no form of support.
Agreed. I don't understand spending all this time developing this product and ignoring the most basic piece. Plus I like to dance in my "Man Cave" celebrating all my beautiful pieces. Will be difficult doing all my moves with the possibility of my Godfather taking a dive.....

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Back