Dam Toys Godfather Don Vito Golden Years version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a cheap easy solution for stable base. A flat doll stand metal off ebay slot it under the removable section.

20220202_193003.jpg

Gang

My Golden version has landed! I haven’t use all the other clothing and accessories but having now received the figure, I am glad to report the suit , coat and headsculpts are winners!

The base suit has suspenders that are actually functional , the trench coat has real pockets, metal wire on the bottom which give it the posing cape option look and both fabric and suit a knockout!

The only negatives I see at first glance are the dress shirt ( with no real closed buttons ) and the tie is the crappy elastic and not a real tie on. I’m not a big fan of the hat as I think it is maybe 1/4 size too small. Might get a custom hat and a repaint of my main head and I think I’m set. The body is workable but the fat suit needs customizing and this is the biggest issue with the entire suit not fitting well or giving it the tapered look. Get your fat suit worked on and your whole ensemble will be a winner.

Here are a few iconic pics I took

E22DE8D5-867D-4924-8641-9915ED252BE1.jpeg

0D141A16-FB5E-41F1-B5E7-62D047D8622A.jpeg

253C025E-214E-499F-8CB4-0AA6D00266A0.jpeg

I think that I prefer the look of the "Golden Years" but the tux is too iconic, so if I was getting just one, that would be my pick.

Curious to hear from those that have both.

Coming from a guy who exclusively own customs, I would say if you love GF/MB get them both. The quality and workmanship of both figures price point wise and overall workmanship is a 9/10 in my opinion

I think that I prefer the look of the "Golden Years" but the tux is too iconic, so if I was getting just one, that would be my pick.

Curious to hear from those that have both.
I had the tux version on PO and am waiting for that one, but after all these pics of the golden years one, I put myself on the waitlist at Timewalker. Couldn't resist. fingers crossed.

Gang

My Golden version has landed! I haven’t use all the other clothing and accessories but having now received the figure, I am glad to report the suit , coat and headsculpts are winners!

The base suit has suspenders that are actually functional , the trench coat has real pockets, metal wire on the bottom which give it the posing cape option look and both fabric and suit a knockout!

The only negatives I see at first glance are the dress shirt ( with no real closed buttons ) and the tie is the crappy elastic and not a real tie on. I’m not a big fan of the hat as I think it is maybe 1/4 size too small. Might get a custom hat and a repaint of my main head and I think I’m set. The body is workable but the fat suit needs customizing and this is the biggest issue with the entire suit not fitting well or giving it the tapered look. Get your fat suit worked on and your whole ensemble will be a winner.

Here are a few iconic pics I took

View attachment 560383
View attachment 560384
View attachment 560385

Amazing! Thank you for this! How did you manage to close the jacket on the formal version?! Looks great!

Back