D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Mods & Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs

Much appreciated... thanks, guys!

Hoody - I thought of the chipping and scratching but since I was going for the crawler version everything seemed very muted: dents, chips and scratches that would appear metal or silver would appear more dull due to its environment - at least that?s how I see it. I do have some subtle silver around the waistband area but most of the others i washed with brown. Maybe hard to see in the harsh lighting. Brushes and sponge techniques were used throughout except for the gunmetal base where I used an airbrush :D

Much appreciated... thanks, guys!

Hoody - I thought of the chipping and scratching but since I was going for the crawler version everything seemed very muted: dents, chips and scratches that would appear metal or silver would appear more dull due to its environment - at least that?s how I see it. I do have some subtle silver around the waistband area but most of the others i washed with brown. Maybe hard to see in the harsh lighting. Brushes and sponge techniques were used throughout except for the gunmetal base where I used an airbrush :D

Cool. You can't really go wrong with a Gonk. Although I was very surprised how basic the paint was on the Hot Toys version. All the more reason to do your own I reckon.

Speaking of that, I have yet to do mine :) One of those boxes in the "Stash". Am currently in the process of moving, so will probably end up as a next winter project I'd say

Yeah - perfect weathering job - love the judicious splatters for depth. Don't touch it!

Thanks guys! :duff

Cool. You can't really go wrong with a Gonk. Although I was very surprised how basic the paint was on the Hot Toys version. All the more reason to do your own I reckon.

Speaking of that, I have yet to do mine :) One of those boxes in the "Stash". Am currently in the process of moving, so will probably end up as a next winter project I'd say

You really can?t. Any banged up drudgey looking paint job will look great. Since I already did that to my first one (RustyJ?s V.1) I wanted to go as film accurate as I could with this one. I agree, the HT version was not what I hoped it was going to be. They should have put more work (paint apps) and materials (more plastic/size and heft) into it to be considered the 2nd figure in a 2pk. The articulated legs are a great design though.
Good luck with the move!

Some better shots I added to the Gonk Thread.

74F917C0-C15C-458B-8962-C9F09B823D0D.jpg

365FF005-08C9-4474-92ED-9B162D150479.jpg

5A6D625C-2195-4F98-B385-6D8584EEB48A.jpg

Super stoked on the Mudtrooper. Just got a couple of them in yesterday and waiting on a couple more :monkey3 Planning to alter them to random troopers instead of Han - minor gear and weathering alterations. I had no intention of displaying the Solo sculpts so they will be masked and helmeted until I can figure a way to mod a blank sculpt to replace them. I collected a few different pouches and sniper cloaks over the past couple years so just seeing what will look best for the squad.
So far I replaced the stock cloak with this longer one which i think looks better and much easier to work with. I might make it charcoal black just because i really wanted the other trooper variant teased on this release... or I may just leave it :)

96608153-8481-48C6-8353-AED117E5BDAA.jpeg

D84BAC57-DC3E-4322-84D2-C2F6B407DAC6.jpeg

Gear swaps still need weathering, but I might wait until modding the next figure and just do both at the same time.

NOTE (For those that will be going back and forth with their display options): I left the mask on over night and it left small indents on the sculpt. Mask off while I took the figure apart when working on it (2-3 hrs) and they seemed to be almost gone :dunno
Be careful if you cherish this sculpt.

No plans for this 2020 Fourth, which is a first. Just hangin at home with the wifey, sipping on some Johnnie Walker and doing our own little indoor projects while the neighborhood tries not to blow their fingers off with all the fireworks. Playing around with the new figure and decided to make a new belt.

B3B7CE0B-222E-4C3B-B5CF-B849B903814D.jpeg

073290AA-9275-4B34-A9B9-08F3F76E0269.jpg

Super stoked on the Mudtrooper. Just got a couple of them in yesterday and waiting on a couple more :monkey3 Planning to alter them to random troopers instead of Han - minor gear and weathering alterations. I had no intention of displaying the Solo sculpts so they will be masked and helmeted until I can figure a way to mod a blank sculpt to replace them. I collected a few different pouches and sniper cloaks over the past couple years so just seeing what will look best for the squad.
So far I replaced the stock cloak with this longer one which i think looks better and much easier to work with. I might make it charcoal black just because i really wanted the other trooper variant teased on this release... or I may just leave it :)

D84BAC57-DC3E-4322-84D2-C2F6B407DAC6.jpeg

96608153-8481-48C6-8353-AED117E5BDAA.jpeg

Gear swaps still need weathering, but I might wait until modding the next figure and just do both at the same time.

NOTE (For those that will be going back and forth with their display options): I left the mask on over night and it left small indents on the sculpt. Mask off while I took the figure apart when working on it (2-3 hrs) and they seemed to be almost gone :dunno
Be careful if you cherish this sculpt.

Damn man ! That looks epic ! Love it !! Awesome job.

Your modifications look fantastic! I haven't opened my Mudtrooper yet but yours looks like a dude in a suit!

Finished the ammo pouch/chest rig; styrene strips and layered with leather-like fabric.

6A7E3B52-F712-4331-B443-3830F97DEA92.jpg

1D9F3B10-0C5A-44F1-827F-BDDD4FD24B1F.jpg

Back