D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Mods & Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs

Excellent job dude!

Thanks James :D Looking forward to seeing more of the Ithorian sculpt!

Haven?t posted anything in a while and have several projects up in the air. Been focusing on this guy lately. Almost there...

09ECFB57-1A6B-441A-BFCF-D78E9554BC0F.jpg

Painting tiny eyes still kick my ass.

8DB5C600-5692-4D5E-932C-367CD7B1B98F.jpg

487636CA-237C-43AE-A613-B023DFE988B2.jpg

Good stuff. I am hoping to score a Krennic outfit down the road to tackle Thrawn myself.

Yeah cool. Nice job !!

Can totally appreciate the difficulty with the eyes. At some point I'll need to try it on one of my customs. Not looking forward to that [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I want to redo the eyes but will let my strained eyes rest for a bit :lol

Thanks guys. I want to redo the eyes but will let my strained eyes rest for a bit :lol

Have you got one of those headset magnifiers ? I can't do anything without it these days.

That?s funny. I?ve been shopping around for a set the past couple days and narrowed it down to one I just ordered this morning. I have been putting it off for way too long - with my youthful vision.
Man, it wasn?t until just a few years ago I could work up close and see every detail when illustrating or painting. I remember making fun of my pops when he had his on working when on projects and now... Here I Am! :slap :lol

Yep it happens very quickly.

Happens to the best of us [emoji23]

Been working on my RustyJ Gonk 2.0 and came to a stopping point. Trying to match the ref shots but it?s kind of difficult. Tamiya Weather Masters was the last thing i did to mute the rusty gun metal color. I think I may hit it with the airbrush and dust it with a lighter sand color to dull it down a bit more... OR I may just call it done.
Any thoughts or input would be welcome.
Thanks

506D075F-2204-4E92-AD5C-560C4B956A2E.jpeg

01D8FA24-2CEC-41CB-8F7C-6B6DF5413202.jpg

Been working on my RustyJ Gonk 2.0 and came to a stopping point. Trying to match the ref shots but it?s kind of difficult. Tamiya Weather Masters was the last thing i did to mute the rusty gun metal color. I think I may hit it with the airbrush and dust it with a lighter sand color to dull it down a bit more... OR I may just call it done.
Any thoughts or input would be welcome.
Thanks

View attachment 488961

View attachment 488960

I think it looks great as is! That screen pic looks like it might have some more pronounced oil type splotches but it's difficult to say for sure.

Ok cool I think I?ll stop here then. Go for some of those oil splotches next... Thanks guys :duff

Looking awesome DR, I'd leave it there.:clap There really isn't enough quality ref pics to really nail down the color/texture. As I mentioned a few months ago, the finish looks a bit like a rusted backhoe's digger bucket - sort of dark steel with pitting and rust and that's kinda what you have.

Even the Hoth gonk is tricky as there are no closer pics of it.

Gotcha and thanks, Tali.
Thanks Kash :duff
Got home and finished up... added more oil, some rust and a few drips - some silver scratches and dings as well. I appreciate the feedback otherwise I might have gone too far in trying to lighten him up :lol

He does appear pretty dark in the crawler and I noticed some cool texturing on his lower right side panels when rewatching that scene. I decided I?m done and left that out but something that others could easily do.

Getting late and ill take better photos to add to the Gonk thread later.
I?m tempted to add a water ring on top like somebody left their drink on him... an ongoing joke/nitpick I have with my wife and coasters. May do that another time hehe.

81C79B50-3C43-4518-BBDE-D8322ADF65AC.jpg

6F7ABCFF-ABB9-45A0-987A-9CB29B7D1318.jpg

C55D822D-9E5A-400E-8DA2-C5E85AC57375.jpg

7E437214-2185-4C8C-ADA6-B3978EFB53A2.jpg

BB2A0C1B-DC15-4FA3-9010-3CE4A227AEDA.jpg

Looks like I'm late to the party. But yes, looks awesome.

The only thing I'd add is if you wanted a little bit of realism, you could sand a bit of paint off a corner or two where's highest wear would happen. However this only works if the colour underneath fits though.

Alternatively, I often use a piece of torn off sponge with a bit of metallic silver on it (wiped off so there is almost none left) gives a realistic paint chip effect on a corner or exposed edge.

Depends if you want to strictly keep it to what can be seen on screen or not of course.

Back