D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Mods & Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs: Iakaru Bounty Hunter (Bistan Variant)

It has been awhile since I've worked on anything and started cracking on some pieces for my Iakaru/Bistan. Here are a some accessories that will be part of his gear:

Kitbashed chest box, scratch built armor for the gloves, ammo pouch and modded SE-14r.

Still piecing him together...

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy out there.

So once I got over my distraction by the Dacapo ad, I finally turned my eyes left to your image !! :lol

Nice start Paul. He is also further down on my list, but the headsculpt paint job scares me a bit.

Screenshot 2020-04-04 at 08.11.09.jpg

Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs

Hahaah! Must be a friendly bot reminder that i still have items left in my cart :lol

...and thanks guys!

Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs: Iakaru Bounty Hunter (Bistan Variant)

Shoulder armor and a scratch built bandolier with thermal detonators.

B8D1CA5D-C430-43ED-A59F-4A6363EFBB42.jpeg

66068B02-80B4-4691-93BA-4ADB2102A493.jpg

...and attached to the flight harness.

DD826F42-5294-496D-8AF2-C2A197501936.jpeg

Excellent weathering on the armor! How'd you do the bandoliers? So cool!

Thanks guys.

Had a bit of an infuriating experience when I massively screwed up my first go at the sculpt. I had to strip the paint and start fresh. Also yesterday's hair rooting attempt was HIGHLY unsuccessful. Damn that **** is messy. When the madness in the world calms down i will need to source some other type of fur since the only one I have is too soft and extremely unmanageable. I may have another go, or just paint his brows in and call it a day, but here is my "finished" Iakaru Bounty Hunter: sculpt by Ace Rimmer and inspired by The Darkness Predator's awesome custom. Props to Elvis1976's custom as well.

34E71102-58D5-402A-B431-633E018FE5EA.jpg

61369415-8BA0-4C74-9B67-487C468AB2A7.jpg

I tried to replicate the texture/freckling job i did on my first go but this did not come out as well. I did like how the translucent flesh tone came out much better.

6FBCBA0E-CD95-4E69-84A8-B21D7EEB84D2.jpg

So my first attempt with actual eyes and I gotta say I have even much more respect for those that paint these little bastards :thud: I think I?ll be looking for decals next time.

5E46D6E0-6415-4270-A75D-816A16D7A45F.jpg

F144D4DE-6BB0-448F-85C7-D395B0FDCD2F.jpg

Excellent work in spite of the struggles!!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah great job !! I have tried some stuff with some hair on another project, and I know what you mean. Those people that do rooted hair must have the patience of angels !

Love the different rifle too !

WOW!!! That looks great. Love the attention to the details. Weather a treat. Really like it.

Looking really good Paul. Nice paint and weathering on this one!

Thanks fellas :D

That is magnificent!! I really love this sculpture and the character.

Thanks Steven and seriously, Mati did another great job with this one. I also edited my post. Slipped my mind to give you guys credit :slap :duff

Excellent weathering on the armor! How'd you do the bandoliers? So cool!

Thanks James, they?re canvas webbing (3mm & 5mm) I picked up on eBay. The detonators are styrene tubings I put together. I probably should have sewn it but I just glued everything together :)

I think he looks really good. I’ve done one real hair job myself, and it was a PITA, but I mostly liked the final result. Keep working at it, go slow, and I think you’ll be happily surprised at the results. As is, I think you did a great job on everything.

Back