D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Mods & Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs

I?m interested in getting one of these at some point. The only thing I don?t like about those hats is the visible thread and they look a little floppy. I suppose some strategically placed glue and styrene for support might do the trick though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks TB :hi5:

Also as requested:

06846F2E-8E97-4EE4-95CA-F3467EB5EA36.jpg
844AFB4D-04BC-4191-B5FD-F59D371BE8A2.jpg

Not sure if they are still around, as I got them a couple years ago, but the KO Imperial Uniform hat is a bit larger than the Space Officer one. The brim on that would be a great swap if I can figure a way to do it without damaging it.
Also it seems like KO Imperial hat would fit well over a slightly larger head or one with some sculpted hair, although it is a bit shallow compared to all the other hats shown.

Disclaimer :lecture: Space Officer = Flirty Girl Space Officer
Just feels goofy saying that :lol

Also the KO Imperial Uniform - i forgot its listing name - included: Hat, tunic, pants, plain belt and socks.

I?m interested in getting one of these at some point. The only thing I don?t like about those hats is the visible thread and they look a little floppy. I suppose some strategically placed glue and styrene for support might do the trick though.

Thats the hard thing with these 1/6 fabric caps, especially when needing them to hold shape... keeping that pristine Imperial look. It’s like they need to be futzed right and then never handled again in fear of making it sloppy again. I’ve thought about putting some thin foam or washes of glue on the inside, but the choice of styrene may even be better :D

Also as requested:

View attachment 483567
View attachment 483568

Not sure if they are still around, as I got them a couple years ago, but the KO Imperial Uniform hat is a bit larger than the Space Officer one. The brim on that would be a great swap if I can figure a way to do it without damaging it.
Also it seems like KO Imperial hat would fit well over a slightly larger head or one with some sculpted hair, although it is a bit shallow compared to all the other hats shown.

Disclaimer :lecture: Space Officer = Flirty Girl Space Officer
Just feels goofy saying that :lol

Also the KO Imperial Uniform - i forgot its listing name - included: Hat, tunic, pants, plain belt and socks.

I appreciate the comparison pictures. I think I can make these work. Thanks!

I ended up piecing together a couple KO hats - not the best but I think it looks somewhat better. I also added more padding to fill out the uniform... make it look a bit more fitted.

4D35B0A6-CDC1-4104-92DF-9D8F3415E854.jpg

Ithorian Bounty Hunter in the works for his Iakaru counterpart. Test fit with primer and base coat.
Props to Son of Dengar for the cast. This guy is fricken heavy but still holds a pose.

8F99A08E-B5AE-461C-B532-E4088836A5B7.jpg

DR, that officer looks incredible and love the HH custom. I got one of those from SOD as well - hoping to either do a more screen accurate HH version paint a clothing wise than SSC did, or do a Kenner blue suit version. Should be fun.

Imperial officer looks great. Nice work. What exactly did you do to the hats? Remove brim and reattach it?

Hammerhead bounty is coming along nicely. Good stuff Paul.

DR, that officer looks incredible and love the HH custom. I got one of those from SOD as well - hoping to either do a more screen accurate HH version paint a clothing wise than SSC did, or do a Kenner blue suit version. Should be fun.

I?d like to see your take on a screen accurate HH since
I
THOUGHT
MINE was
FINE:gah:

:lol
But seriously I haven?t looked for the differences between screen and the SSC figure. Now I?m kind of interested.
Wow a Kenner version would look pretty sick.

Imperial officer looks great. Nice work. What exactly did you do to the hats? Remove brim and reattach it?

Hammerhead bounty is coming along nicely. Good stuff Paul.

I carefully cut the brim off the Space Officer hat and then removed the brim from the other KO hat; trimmed it and then glued that back onto the Space Officer one. The KO brim looked a bit better to me.
Thanks Chris! :duff

I?d like to see your take on a screen accurate HH since
I
THOUGHT
MINE was
FINE:gah:

:lol
But seriously I haven?t looked for the differences between screen and the SSC figure. Now I?m kind of interested.
Wow a Kenner version would look pretty sick.

Yeah, haven't decided yet. I was thinking of the Kenner version because I've cut up a Gentle Giant jumbo 12" Boba Fett to make him almost as articulated as a regular 1/6 scale figure. So ol' vintage Kenner Fett can be posed into some iconic Boba poses.

Re SSC vs onscreen HH, it's really in the paint on the head/body and matching the outfit better (the paint is lighter and more subtle in the bts/ref pics.) I do have the SSC HH (with staff, which adds a LOT to the figure imo, and an extra "neckscarf" to cover more of the back of the head) and like it, but since I did the more screen accurate Greedo and Walrusman, the SSC HH is starting to feel like one of the "old" SSC figs a bit more.

Yeah, haven't decided yet. I was thinking of the Kenner version because I've cut up a Gentle Giant jumbo 12" Boba Fett to make him almost as articulated as a regular 1/6 scale figure. So ol' vintage Kenner Fett can be posed into some iconic Boba poses.

Re SSC vs onscreen HH, it's really in the paint on the head/body and matching the outfit better (the paint is lighter and more subtle in the bts/ref pics.) I do have the SSC HH (with staff, which adds a LOT to the figure imo, and an extra "neckscarf" to cover more of the back of the head) and like it, but since I did the more screen accurate Greedo and Walrusman, the SSC HH is starting to feel like one of the "old" SSC figs a bit more.

I would love to see that GG Kenner Fett Custom. That is a great idea. I?ve got one of those as well but he is boxed up in storage - amongst many other things. Loved the design and the huge nostalgia factor but didn?t really have a spot for him.

Yes one thing I did notice was he had a lighter flesh tone and slight brindling/striping. I had a plan to attempt a repaint to achieve that but it?s just one of those back-burner thoughts. Double scarved is smart. That stood out to me when I unboxed him. This BH version I?m doing might be overcompensating for that with this hood that I?m fiddling with. I?m kinda jealous for getting into this 1/6 SW game late... all those Imperial uniforms and flight suits parted out back then are gold that?s very hard to come by these days. BARELY cheaper (in some cases) to buy the whole figure! Found some deals but that is very rare. Looking forward to seeing these!

I took apart the Mythos Fett helmet in hopes to swap the ?face? piece with the HT ESB one. Unfortunately it is much smaller and would need some extra material and a lot of resculpting. Something that I really don?t want to dive into.
I was able to flare out the helmet by a couple of millimeters on each side. Not a huge difference but closer to what I wanted to achieve without distorting the helmet too much. Still deciding if I want to repaint it for an ESB or ROTJ... leaning toward the latter.

84DE18B1-FD64-4815-B45B-C3D79FDE035F.jpg

6531ADCE-2224-4763-9F06-4725EC8B2074.jpg

Comparison shot: Mythos (stock), Slightly Flared, and HT ESB.

0C3C1A13-3325-4AF0-8776-73F5A95EF994.jpg

D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs

I think the screen used HH mask has tiny amber lights in the eyes. You might be able to replicate this with some Z or Pico LEDs, like the ones I?m using for my Fett jetpack beacon. The wires are so tiny that you could probably blend them into the sculpt with some putty and paint. You would probably need a resistor near the battery pack to keep the lights dim enough to match how they looked on screen.

f39674f1e341480c24a24623d4bab22e.jpg

I think the screen used HH mask has tiny amber lights in the eyes. You might be able to replicate this with some Z or Pico LEDs, like the ones I?m using for my Fett jetpack beacon. The wires are so tiny that you could probably blend them into the sculpt with some putty and paint. You would probably need a resistor near the battery pack to keep the lights dim enough to match how they looked on screen.

f39674f1e341480c24a24623d4bab22e.jpg

That would be pretty sick but also some fancy sculpt work.

Today I dyed Krennic?s parka to better match the on screen color.

74B6DE5C-A1F1-480D-A71C-A26D6C4B73FD.jpg

Looks perfect now! I?ll hopefully have my Krennic soon, but not sure I dare dye the cape... [emoji51]
Regarding the Momaw eyes, I used to think that there were lights in the eyes as well, but I believe Tali convinced me that those are just reflections since you don?t see them from other angles.

Back