D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Mods & Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Customs

Wow, that is very awesome of you. Thank you. It really looks magnificent!

Yes, adding fur is such a pain. If you want to, here’s a technique I have picked up.….
Practice on a sheet of plastic, making thin lines of matte glue and then gluing the fur to the plastic. If you find some eyebrows you like in your practice session, trim those and apply those to the head. Of course, the thinner the lines, the more realistic it looks when you add offset layers of those lines.

I think I?ll have a go at it again. That?s a good idea making several practice ones as opposed to trying to nail a pair of brows.

Thanks Steven and Stryker for the encouragement :duff

Just a minor upgrade after seeing Elvis1976 and The Darkness Predator's versions of Benthic. Made myself go back and finally replace that stiff and boxy map pouch i initially had. Much happier with this one.

IMG_5151.jpg

Haha I love that Vader and excellent upgrade on Benthic!

Thanks guys.
My wife asked why is he posed like a hopping lil bunny :slap
Then she sent me that pic :lol

Picked up some Space Officer hats which aren't too bad and threw this guy together last night. I'm pretty happy with the outcome. The brim is a bit too long and the overall fit is very snug but works much better than the Praji hats. I may try to bash another...

73A86FF2-2262-4360-8E79-F10540D378B6.jpg

Picked up some Space Officer hats which aren't too bad and threw this guy together last night. I'm pretty happy with the outcome. The brim is a bit too long and the overall fit is very snug but works much better than the Praji hats. I may try to bash another...

View attachment 483464

Very nice !! Be sure to post a closeup of that hat in the Krennic thread !! :lol

Yes… That is very nice.

It seems like I read somewhere that the brim was used to cover up more of their faces. So it seems to me it works out. :clap

Yup. Those hats look good. I was curious about these. Thanks for sharing.

Yes? That is very nice.

It seems like I read somewhere that the brim was used to cover up more of their faces. So it seems to me it works out. :clap

Yup. Those hats look good. I was curious about these. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. I had to futz it to not cover too much of the face. Originally it went over his nose.

A heads up if anyone are getting these that this JUST fits on this bald Gyllenhaal sculpt... very snug. Anything larger or with sculpted hair would need some cutting/modding.

Thanks for the heads up Paul. I think they look better than the Praji hats.

You wouldn't happen to have a side by side comparison shot of the two would you?

That officer looks great, DR.:clap The brim is a little long but from the front and 3/4 angles you can't really notice it. The Sideshow uniform looks better on a different body - the proportions on those old SSC bodies were quite strange. And the new HT pleather boots look great.

Back