CW series The Flash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I adore this show. It's just so much fun, and I love it. The only other time I've really felt like this was when I saw Guardians of the Galaxy, it's just an ear to ear smile through the whole thing, because it's...well, it's The Flash. I've always loved the books, and, especially now, seeing people like Captain Cold, it really is amazing how perfectly they've captured the essence of the character, and, more importantly, the universe itself. I really can't wait to see what else they have in store for us. Zoom, Grodd, Heat Wave. This is how you do comic books, and my hope is that there can be a little give and take between the TV and film departments.

What the films need to understand is that you don't have to be overly cheery or fun, that works for The Flash, sure, but that's because the character is cheery and fun. They just need to embrace the source material.

Yeah, if WB ever comes to its senses, it will build off their proven success on these TV shows and not be afraid to use TV actors on film.

I don't care if it's HT, 3Zero, Sideshow, or whomever, but someone needs to start making figures for these TV series. By the time the third season's up, we'll have seen:
-The Flash
-Green Arrow
-Red Arrow
-Black Canary
-Firestorm
-The Huntress
-The Atom
-Possibly Wildcat
...and that's not even counting the villains:
-Deathstroke
-Captain Cold
-Ra's Al Ghul
-Heatwave

By 2018, we might have two Justice Leagues.

Watched the first episode the other night.

I don't know much of the Flash outside of him in some animated cartoons and movies.

I felt they really rushed the origin, the main enemy for some reason or another killed Barry's mom, the suit was just waiting there for him in the mother of all conveniences.

Some of the acting and dialogue was far to cheesy like the "run Barry" stuff

The meta humans thing was an okay simple way of having enemies for him like in smallville with the meteor freaks
I haven't watched a CW show since the first two seasons of 90210 so I'm not used to teenagers or young supermodel good looks characters being the centre of everything but Man I didn't like that, the scientists being all young and hip and hot. That's fine for school and perhaps college but they' e basically cast experienced scientist in the field for years with characters who seem too young for that role.

I think it's gonna be predictable like crazy, Barry loves his friend Isis but she's off with the guy whose bound to be a bad guy for Flash then Barry will move onto the hot science girl.

First episode In terms of rushing the origin to hopefully get moving with the rest and the poor dialogue and acting I rate a 5/10. I'll try a few more to see if I connect with it but for now I don't have alot of reason to jump back in

Nova, do you follow Arrow?

I didn't get the rushed feeling, but he was introduced in Arrow, so this didn't seem to happen quick to me, in fact, until it happened I was like, c'mon, wtf? Turn him fast... :lol

Comic books have always had a bit of soap opera. I think the young scientist stuff and the convenience of the suit being there will come out, not as coincidence but as being orchestrated by Harrison Wells. He is putting all these things into position to ensure Barry becomes Flash. These young genius kids will follow him without question where someone older might question his motives. Speculation but speculation based on what we've seen, there is a lot to suggest Wells is a puppet master of sorts.

I haven't followed Arrow. My sister loves it and recommended it so I've recorded the first two seasons to have a watch of.

So the pilot was my first intro to Flash. With him getting powers in the first ten minutes, an arch foe shortly after and a suit by the 45 minute mark it just felt so quick unlike Smallville which took time (too much time in that case!

This series isn't messing around, that last episode with Cold was no joke. But you probably wouldn't like it with Flash being all fast with his powers already.

That brief snippet at the start of this week's episode, where Felicity asks Caitlin how Barry is doing, where is that from? Was that from last week's episode? I haven't seen the rest of this one yet, just the opening and that part just puzzled me a bit.

Caitlin and Cisco appeared on an episode of Arrow last season. I can't remember if it was the season 2 finale or the episode before it.

Thanks batfan. Shoot, I didn't realize Caitlin was on that show before The Flash. Thought she was a new character (despite the alias) to the CW group. I guess they had already cast her for the upcoming Flash tv series back then?

Back