CW series The Flash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoyed the original Flash series, but the thing that held it back was the effort to keep it grounded in reality as opposed to embracing the source material. The preview that showed Flash running up the side of a building shows a commitment to totally go for the super powers as depicted in the comics, something even Arrow tended to down play. A friend reminded me of how spoiled we nerds are these days. When I was growing up you were lucky if you got a superhero based TV show or movie maybe once every two or three years. Now they are everywhere and fans continue to complain how they are not being executed to their liking. I am sure a lot of people from my age bracket (the ones still breathing) still pinch themselves to make sure they aren't dreaming. Four Marvel based movies in one summer? Two and a half justice league members with their own tv shows? When I was a kid I never imagined it would be possible. Enjoy the ride.

Thanks batfan. Shoot, I didn't realize Caitlin was on that show before The Flash. Thought she was a new character (despite the alias) to the CW group. I guess they had already cast her for the upcoming Flash tv series back then?

Yeah, I think they were the ones who helped synthesize the Mirakuru cure.

I haven't followed Arrow. My sister loves it and recommended it so I've recorded the first two seasons to have a watch of.

So the pilot was my first intro to Flash. With him getting powers in the first ten minutes, an arch foe shortly after and a suit by the 45 minute mark it just felt so quick unlike Smallville which took time (too much time in that case!

I'm guessing that's the issue, you've got a totally different perspective than the way he was introduced in Arrow, as 'just a dude'. This happened in the span of 45 minutes for you, it took weeks for us to even find out how he was going to get the powers.

What a good episode, such a fun show. wow.

Couple things I didn't like (that's a first).

The CGI at the beginning looked horrible, yikes.

I didn't like Captain Cold at the beginning, I just don't like the actor.

That's it, that's all the bad.

BA: Taking the train is still one of the safest ways to travel.
Felicity: I thought that was airplanes...

I LOVED that! :clap :lol

And the car radio part was hilarious :lol

As usual, fantastic characters, everyone gave too much crap to Cisco, he's such a cool dude and he had every reason to build that gun, it was smart in case Barry turned out to be a ****.

Felicity is such a hot nerd :drool hnnng. Barry should totally tap that.

The CGI at the end looked a lot better, that final scene was mindblowing, daaaamn.

I like this show, but for some reason, I thought this past episode was the weakest of the bunch. The whole BA being mad at the scientist kid who developed the freeze ray without telling him seemed so forced and melodramatic to me. The guy who plays CC is playing him with no personality whatsoever. What was the last scene about? I know CC, but who was the flame guy? Firestorm?

Falling_Down_(1993_film)_poster.jpg

Watched the second episode. Getting into it now. Once you buy into a bit of cheese and suspend disbelief for some of the science you can enjoy it.

I don't know Flash origin from the comics but the show feels a little like a Spidey copy with Joe being the Uncle Ben surrogate father. Is his origin like that?

Speaking of which I liked the flashbacks

Not really. Back in the day, it was just "'Barry Allen: CSI' gets struck by lightning and thrown into a rack of chemicals, next thing you know, BOF! He's running faster than the speed of light." All of this stuff about his mom dying didn't get introduced until Geoff Johns' recent "Rebirth" story, I believe.

Definitely. It honestly seems like it'd be a better fit than Gotham, as it takes place in the present, and it seems like we could be seeing quite a few characters from the more supernatural side of the DC Universe.

Yea would be kewl to see Zatanna, Etrigan or Swamp Thing on Constantine. Or have him visit Cain or Able's houses......

Hell, they already have a link to the mystical world, if they want to use it, with their various "Blue Devil" movie posters.:lol

Back