CW series The Flash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally watched this last night. I liked it, but didn't love it. The suit looked good, but didn't blow me away - which is disappointing for me because of course, I don't foresee an 'upgrade' any time soon, if ever. I really like the actor as Barry Allen and loved the Arrow crossover scene. The supporting cast is great, and I really like the 'detective-ness' of Barry angle, like when he was identifying the tire treads, etc. I'm really excited to get introduced to the Reverse Flash and other villains though and I really think that's what's going to make this show stand out. While the pilot left something to be desired, it's only the first episode and I will continue to watch. Overall, it was definitely enjoyable, but there are some hiccups that need to be worked out.

As for comparisons to Smallville, the Smallville pilot easily has this beat, IMO. It was a great effort, but c'mon, we're talking Smallville here. Loved that show.

I finally watched this last night. I liked it, but didn't love it. The suit looked good, but didn't blow me away - which is disappointing for me because of course, I don't foresee an 'upgrade' any time soon, if ever. I really like the actor as Barry Allen and loved the Arrow crossover scene. The supporting cast is great, and I really like the 'detective-ness' of Barry angle, like when he was identifying the tire treads, etc. I'm really excited to get introduced to the Reverse Flash and other villains though and I really think that's what's going to make this show stand out. While the pilot left something to be desired, it's only the first episode and I will continue to watch. Overall, it was definitely enjoyable, but there are some hiccups that need to be worked out.

As for comparisons to Smallville, the Smallville pilot easily has this beat, IMO. It was a great effort, but c'mon, we're talking Smallville here. Loved that show.

Then you would be wrong!

New updates:

Prison Break's Wentworth Miller has signed on to appear in the series fourth episode as Leonard Snart—aka Captain Cold—one of the most feared villains in the Flash universe.

Adding to the casting news, Robbie Amell (cousin of Arrow's Stephen, and star of canceled The Tomorrow People) will play Caitlin Snow's (Danielle Panabaker) fiancé, Ronnie Raymond. And as a special nod to all Allen fans, John Wesley Shipp, who played The Flash in an earlier adaptation, is back in a recurring role as Barry's dad.

And as for all you diehard comic book lovers out here, DC Comics creative chief Geoff Johns promised that The Flash will stay true to its fast-paced roots. "We incorporated everything from the mythology into it, and added a backstory. It's probably the most faithful DC Comics adaptation ever," he said. "We were so intent on making sure this was true to the character."

Even though The Flash's problems in Central City will mainly be separate from the crime-riddled Starling City in Arrow, the network has already planned a special two-hour crossover event later this fall. "Episodes 8 of both shows, Arrow and Flash, are going to be a two-hour crossover event," Kreisberg said to TVGuide following the panel. "[Also], in Episode 4, Felicity [Emily Bett Rickards] is going to come to The Flash."

As for The Flash's iconic suit? Producers explained the suit will continue to change and evolve over the episodes thanks to innovations by Allen’s support team at Star Labs.

I know a fair amount of people love that show, but Smallville could not hold the interest of this die-hard lifelong Supes fan.

Then you would be wrong!

w00t! Good to hear. Looking forward to that.

I know a fair amount of people love that show, but Smallville could not hold the interest of this die-hard lifelong Supes fan.

There was just some many things about that show that I loved. Between Rosenbaum, the chemistry between Welling and Kreuk and some of the more iconic villains like Brainiac, played by Marsters, I really enjoyed the run it had.

reverse-flash-fight-1.jpg

reverse-flash-fight-2.jpg

Another solid episode. Series is heading in the right direction. Hope this keeps up.

Most definitely! Grant Gustin has some serious acting chops! His scene with Joe in Star Labs was really intense. And with that ending, things are getting "curiouser and curiouser".

Just watched it, woooah, what a great episode, hands down best superhero show right now.

CW is actually getting good at this, I wonder if they should have a got at more superheroes? Eventually get a JLA show? I'm thinking it could be possible in the future if they keep getting good at this rate.

I'd kill for a proper Superman show.

Never put much thought into this show. Wasn't a lot on last night so figured Id see what the fuss was all about. It's actually not bad. Acting was decent for what it was, all and all it was somewhat entertaining. Having said that, there is just WAY too much good tv on now that I just can't find the time to add in another new show. I will probably binge watch it on flex when it comes out.

Show is so good. I just really hope it doesn't turn into a killer-a-week or "meta-human a week" show like SO MANY shows fall victim to. Arrow's not like that.

I liked last nights ep. with one exception. If you're going to have your villain arbitrarily pull off his mask for plot convenience, just don't give him a mask.

So I guess WB's TV shows won't be crossing over into the films at all, based on the casting news today about the Flash movie.

And they didn't even change the cast type, since when did the flash become a skinny feminine dude? He's always been well built in my experience and a bit of a jack the lad (English phrase)

Anyway, liking the show so far for a bit of mindless superhero fun

Back