Cordelia Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anzik Hayes said:
I'm planning on getting Cordy but I need to track down a Buffy first. I just can't bring myself to pick up the ubiquitous Prophecy Girl (I hate rooted hair.).
I'm not sure if you plan on transplanting Cordelia with Buffy, but I have Prophecy Girl Buffy standing next to Cordy and they use the same height of body. Grad. Buffy is on the taller body. Another way to go is to buy an Art S. Buck fem body. They all have feet so you'd have to find her a pair of shoes, and I'm not too sure if the new caucasian version is on a short body or the old taller one.

If you just need a Buffy figure, try looking for the first one. It's about just as good as Grad. Buffy. Also, you may be able to pick her up in a bundle with the Gentlemen figures.

screamingmetal said:
I'm not sure if you plan on transplanting Cordelia with Buffy, but I have Prophecy Girl Buffy standing next to Cordy and they use the same height of body. Grad. Buffy is on the taller body. Another way to go is to buy an Art S. Buck fem body. They all have feet so you'd have to find her a pair of shoes, and I'm not too sure if the new caucasian version is on a short body or the old taller one.

If you just need a Buffy figure, try looking for the first one. It's about just as good as Grad. Buffy. Also, you may be able to pick her up in a bundle with the Gentlemen figures.

The very first Buffy body is not the same as the later Sideshow body. It would take a lot more rework than just replacing the heads. It has articulation in the bottom of the neck rather than the top.

Only Graduation Day Buffy, Faith, and possibly Vampire Willow use the taller body. All other Buffy releases after that used the shorter body. A Vampire Willow or Xenia Onatopp (from the James Bond line) would be a much cheaper solution to get the taller body. The problem I have with the taller female body is that it's as tall or taller than the male body. For the women that have the heels (GD Buffy and Vamp Willow), they are actually taller than the men.

Also, the Art S. Buck female uses the shorter female body. Hope this helps!

deanandre said:
A Vampire Willow or Xenia Onatopp (from the James Bond line) would be a much cheaper solution to get the taller body.

I'm pretty sure Vamp Wil comes on a short body. I've bashed about 3 of them for customs. Plus, they're shiny and taupe colored. Faith and Grad Buffy are the only ones that come on the tall body. Faith can still be had cheap (so to speak), but she comes with her tribal tattoo and has real feet instead of boots and Grad Buffy seems to have gotten sparse (read: expensive) lately. I confess I never got into Bond so maybe Xenia is a viable option.

I would do the body swap, but the pants then look ridiculous (in my humble opinion, YMMV). They might as well be capris. But the taller body would actually go a way to fixing the big head issue. I might have to try to re-tailor the pants, or make up new ones. Again I say, this figure needs some work if you're a scale freak like I am. I do admit, however, that I am a bit obsessive about it.

I hope Sideshow still has the molds for the taller body. If they end up making a Fred/Illyria, I hope they remember that Amy Acker is 5'8".

deanandre said:
The very first Buffy body is not the same as the later Sideshow body. It would take a lot more rework than just replacing the heads. It has articulation in the bottom of the neck rather than the top.

Only Graduation Day Buffy, Faith, and possibly Vampire Willow use the taller body. All other Buffy releases after that used the shorter body. A Vampire Willow or Xenia Onatopp (from the James Bond line) would be a much cheaper solution to get the taller body. The problem I have with the taller female body is that it's as tall or taller than the male body. For the women that have the heels (GD Buffy and Vamp Willow), they are actually taller than the men.

Also, the Art S. Buck female uses the shorter female body. Hope this helps!
I know the first Buffy has a different head design, I'm just giving Anzik Hayes a suggestion if they're just looking for a Buffy figure to have in the collection. The head sculpt is different then Gard. Buffy but the entire figure is a pretty good one.
Both Vampire Willow and Regular Willow are on short bodies. (Regular Willow doesn't have boot feet).

I don't own the fem. caucasian Art Buck, so I wouldn't know. The Gray colored fem Art Buck figure is taller but has a different neck joint then Cordy.

I switched Cordy and Buffy and holy Hell was it difficult! I never had this kind of problem with the older neck designs. Neither hot air or hot water could warm the head up enough. But using hot water was better then nothing. Buffy's pants are a little too long, and Cordy's are not long enough. But they can be positioned satisfactory.

If it's so difficult to switch bodies I might leave them as they are. My Cordy's shipping now! I can't wait to see her, but sadly, I have to... it's one of my Christmas gifts.

olvidadero said:
If it's so difficult to switch bodies I might leave them as they are. My Cordy's shipping now! I can't wait to see her, but sadly, I have to... it's one of my Christmas gifts.

The only thing I had a hard time with was pulling off Cordy's head. It was on there really tight. But, it's worth the effort because she looks great on the taller body. And just another reminder that Buffy's black shirt can stain so remove the head before you take the shirt off or you risk staining Buffy's face!

Firefly Flanatic said:
The only thing I had a hard time with was pulling off Cordy's head. It was on there really tight. But, it's worth the effort because she looks great on the taller body. And just another reminder that Buffy's black shirt can stain so remove the head before you take the shirt off or you risk staining Buffy's face!

I just heated it in boiling water and it came off just fine.

I really didn't have any trouble changing bodies - as a tip for the females sometimes you need to pop the hands off as well as it makes changing shirts ALOT easier as often the cuffs are fairly tight. In this case because of the custom hands (with rings) you need to swap the hands anyway - so pop them before derobing the figure and put them on after redressing :)

as a tip for the females sometimes you need to pop the hands off as well as it makes changing shirts ALOT easier as often the cuffs are fairly tight.

this reminds me of an incredible "dumb guy" moment I had a few years ago. A figure came with a wristwatch and I spent 10 minutes finding a way to hold the figure, the arm and the watch in such a way so I could put the watch on like any person would, place it over the wrist and buckle it. It was only days later that I slapped myself in the forehead for not realizing I should just remove the hand and slide the pre-buckled wristwatch onto the arm then replace the hand. It would have been SO much easier!!!

0008293.jpg

0008293.jpg

Is it just me or does the skill and professionalism of said photographer sway a person's opinion on purchasing items, when originally they were sold on the item being less than stellar, which I felt this piece was. Yet the way this person has captured her, she comes off looking extremely nice.

I find that some people on these forums take better quality pictures of Sideshow's products, than Sideshow themselves. Perhaps people like Dave@Rebelscum should acquire about taking on a photography job with the company. Would do their products some ADDED justice.

Great pics Dave. Maybe DarkArtist could do a repaint for me....Going to have to think about this.

Darth Rage said:
Great pics Dave. Maybe DarkArtist could do a repaint for me....Going to have to think about this.

This is my favourite figure released this year (even over the SW figures). Matter of fact, I think this and the 1:4 scale Hulk are the two nicest piece SSC has made thus far.

IMHO the notion of repainting this figure is simply wrong. THe paint is great. The 'lazy eye' is an exagerated opinion that comes for internet forum comments and bad photography.

...and thanks for the compliments guys :)

IMHO the notion of repainting this figure is simply wrong. THe paint is great. The 'lazy eye' is an exagerated opinion that comes for internet forum comments and bad photography.

I couldn't disagree with you more on Cordy's eyes. That is what I was referring to being re-painted BTW, just the eyes, the rest of her is painted quite well. Perhaps your's are not as off as mine. It is definately the close up photos that enhance the look of this, but IMHO the eyes are painted terribly. I have a great digital camera I'll have to try and get some pics up.

Back