Cordelia Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The detail looks nice but the paint apps appear to be lacking in the forehead anyways. That could be do to the flash though.

Gruff Old Bear said:
cordy2.jpg

I don't know...maybe its HT Superman syndrome where it looks better in person but it just doesn't look like this:

2027_728x90.jpg

Paint apps are one thing, and they can be changed understandably but something is off about the face to me...:confused:

I think the shape of her face looks odd in some pictures. In fact, in some pictures she looks good and others not so great. I'll be getting mine in a few days, so I suppose I'll just have to wait & see.

It's really not that bad of a figure. Sure there are some issues with it but I would say she looks much better in person than from photos (thanks to those who posted though :D ).

I gotta admit that she does look bad in those photos. :(

I'd have to see one in person before I would pass judgement.

It's been proven before that sometimes a figure might look bad in photos but once you get it in hand, it's fine. Hopefully Cordelia is that way.

Gruff Old Bear]I'm loathe to post flash pictures, but guys, she ain't so bad. The head is big compared to other figures, but she looks like Charisma Carpenter. We knew Sideshow doesn't have the variety of bodies to make her in scale to SMG. One thing she does not need is a body swap. She's very poseable.
[/QUOTE]

I know they dont have a vairety of bodies but it seems they have 2 sizes of Female bodies at least it seems that way. Had they put her on the same one they used for Buffy and Faith (I have no other SS Females so thats all I can compare to) I wouldnt say anything since there all the same height. In this case the buffy was significatly taller then Cordeilla. They have the same feet so I just put buffy on the smaller body. I dont beleive she is in Need of a body swap I'm just a bit picky when it comes to scale. Had it not been that both had the same boot feet I wouldnt have botherd with a Swap. And it seems like the hands stay on very well on all female figures yet the male figures have problems. Its quite strange.

When it comes to body swopping, doesn't Cordy's trousers look to short on a taller body?

I was intending to swop her head onto a Buffy body until it dawned on me that the trousers would be a problem.

Did it look okay regardless?

sueworld said:
When it comes to body swopping, doesn't Cordy's trousers look to short on a taller body?

I was intending to swop her head onto a Buffy body until it dawned on me that the trousers would be a problem.

Did it look okay regardless?

I got mine today and personally I don't think the head is as big is being made out - Charisma has big hair in the photo and the sculpt is pretty accurate. It seems that photo's of sculpted heads almost always appear larger than they are due to the lack of macro lenses and trying to shoot close up.

I did the body swap pretty much straight away - the pants are long enough (just) to reach slightly over the top of the bootfeet to hide the ankle joint - its almost like they were hemmed while Charisma was wearing flats rather than heels. Oddly I couldn't get Buffy's pants to button up but they stay up regardless and the coat covers everything anyway.

Apart from correcting the height against Buffy (who I always thought was too tall anyway!) the height boost does assist with the proportions of the head - as well as giving a bigger bust to Cordelia, and a correspondingly smaller one to Buffy.

Overall I think my Buffy now looks better as well as Cordelia looking better. The only issue I now have is that Graduation Day Buffy is shorter than Hush Buffy & Vampire Buffy. She does look better next to Angel and the Scoobies though.

*sigh*

EDIT: Strangely I was wrong about the height of Vampire Buffy. After the body swap both Grad Buffy and Vamp Buffy are the same height.... weird.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I'm definitely going to have a go at swopping the bodies as soon as I get her, which may be some time as I'm in the UK!!:lol

I finally pre-ordered her yesterday from Red Planet Toys. I live in Spain and this is the best way of getting my Buffy figures faster and cheaper. With SSC shipping is $40+VAT which is just crazy (I know I'm not the one that gets the most expensive shipping rates here though).

Anyway...I've been looking at the great pictures posted by the freaks and I can firmly say that this figure looks disappointing. I wasn't too impressed by the prototype either (even though the likeness was really good) but the final products has too many flaws that I can pass as a completist, but cannot accept as a loyal collector. I'm sure I will like her better once I have her in my hands, as I know that the perception of a figure in person might vary considerably from the one we get from the pictures. Even only pictures make her look either dissastrous or pretty good (like these ones posted in the Btvsfigs forum: https://btvsfigs.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=sideshow&action=display&thread=1164572345&page=2 ).

I'm as excited about getting Cordy as I am about getting every SSC Buffyverse figure, but I need to express my disappointment in her. I hope Giles, Lorne and PF Spike can make up for this. Oh and we already need a Season 1-2 "Angel" Cordy or better, a "BtVS" Cordy.

One last thing: Is it me or does the final Cordy look exactly like the one shown in the last ComicCon? Was that already the final product?

olvidadero said:
Even only pictures make her look either dissastrous or pretty good (like these ones posted in the Btvsfigs forum: https://btvsfigs.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=sideshow&action=display&thread=1164572345&page=2 ).

I'll admit that she looks much better in those photos.

The problem is that even in those photos she still has the "lazy" eye problem which is just inexcusable. By now, SS should know how to fix this problem. Over the last 5 years SS has released 100's of different figures and STILL this happens. This is the kind of problem that a rookie company makes not an established company like SS. The problem is that this kind of problem is getting worse. SS's figures from 3 to 4 years ago had better QC than the figures released nowadays. That's sad.

I got Cordelia! Overall I'm very satisfied with the end result.
The lazy eye thing isn't as noticeable in person on mine. It looks like they're all painted identically, and must not have been done by hand without a template.

But that head, yes it's gigantic.
To give you an idea, I got Nova from Planet of the Apes yesterday. Nova's head has rooted hair and her head is the same size as Cordelia's head (plastic hair). If you have that one and think it looks big, then that's how you should feel here about Cordy.

Now the plastic hair covers Cordy's ears and along with Cordy's outfit helps to make the head appear smaller, but it's the same size.
The costume, accessories all turned out fantastic. Her sword is perfect, none of the nicks or warps I have experienced with other Sideshow swords. And even thought it's large the head sculpt looks great and less cartoonish in person.
I'm quite happy with her.

One thing that I think may be faulty on mine - the pants seem to have a hemming fault at the back - its folded over in a perculiar way - but it has the effect of dragging the top of the pants down into the hip cavity - anyone else got this problem or just me ? If its just me then I guess its time to contact SSC customer service

Received my Cordy today. For the most part I love her. I don't like the lazy-eye. Mine is really bad (may be my first repaint because I'm not willing to give her up. I know that eye is going to get on my nerves though). My wife even noticed it. Ugh!!!

I also don't like the cone shaped hand posts. The rounded ones on the newer male figures have me spoiled. I was afraid I was going to break the wrist posts when I changed her hands.

I love her outfitting, especially her outer shirt. That's slick. Interchangeble feet could also be nice if one wanted to give her different shoes; however, that's a minor quibble.

High praise for her katana. This is the first katana I have gotten from Sideshow which has a straight blade. That was my only gripe with my Highlanders. They all had bent blades. Heck, even my replacement blades were bent. Not this time though. Nice, sturdy straight blade. The katana does fit in the saya a little too tight but that probably an easy fix.

If not for the lazy-eye this would be my favorite completed female 1/6 scale figure. I have some import bodies I like better but not too many characters I like better than Cordelia.

I may have to reconsider on getting her. I originally wasn't but seeing as it's looking better, I may still yet. It looks like SS has her in stock now.

I got my Cordelia today, and though I was initially pleased, a lot of the minor annoyances piled up and I just don't like her. Her head is HUGE. It's twice the size of a cy girl head. It's bigger than Anakin's head, on a body half the size. Her waist seems almost as thin as her neck(it's certainly not as thick as her head). The lazy eye is not as annoying in person, but... it's still there. The hands are beautifully sculpted, but that peg hole thing is a problem, I thought I was going to break her wrist.

None of these are new problems(the only other Sideshow female fig I had was Xenia Onatopp, and she had a huge bobble head too) but I sure wish these would become OLD problems. As in, in the past. Why is Sideshow unable to get these head sizes down? At this point it seems like a conscious decision. I will have to reconsider any future preorders of female figures. At least Asajj Ventress and Padme will be bald.

The sculpt doesn't seem very much like Charisma Carpenter in person, either, imo. Frankly with the emaciated body and big hair head she looks more like a non-haggard Adrienne Barbeau.

Yeah I'm worried about those wrist pins as well. They're the old design before Sideshow fixed them for their cash cow Star Wars. So Cordy's hands will remain ringed for the foreseeable future. I guess we will have to wait until Sideshow fixes the female wrist pins for their female Star Wars figures. :rolleyes:

I also notice that the head sculpt has a bit of asymmetry. Looking at the pictures on the box, it appears that it's an issue of the sculpt and not the production.

I still like her, big asymmetrical head and all.

I see a Darklord Dave figure back there. What movie is that character from? (Sorry, I'm not that old) :monkey1

Cordy1.jpg

Cordelia, she's cute, big wonky head and all.

Back