Casting rumors for next Batman movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Johnny Depp as the Riddler in next Batman movie?

I say the next villian needs to be super cool. After having a psycho in the last film, we need a change of pace. Give me a villian that is so cool and smooth that it just gets on Batman's nerves.

Black mask would work. A super realistic Catwoman would work (please god no Jolie). I think Riddler would work but he needs to be like the Animated Series and wear a suit and let all of his thugs do the dirty work. Maybe even the Clockman (sp?),

Riddler = too similar to the Joker and weaker at that. Save Depp as a future Joker. I want to see Penguin become the new mob boss. PSH would be awesome in that roll. Maybe Bane hired to hunt Batman and Catwoman somewhere in the background

I was thinking of Brad Pitt to do that. I can't think of anyone more creepy and crazy than Brad to play the role IF they decide to bring the character back.

Just picture Brad in 12 Monkeys, Fight Club and Kalifornia..............

Depp as The Riddler and Jolie as Catwoman. I wonder if there will be any new bad guys we haven't seen before?

I say bring BANE !!
now that batman is a fugitive of the law and the police are hunting him down.
BANE is hired to kill the BAT.

batmanBANE.jpg

I WILL BREAK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

might make for an interesting movie.

I think it would be cool to see Bane in one of Nolan's Batman films :naughty

THE RIDDLER
pearce1.jpg
Guy Pierce

I can see Depp working as well..
depp_l.jpg

PENGUIN
seymour-hoffman_rdax_386x250.jpg

CATWOMAN
I think M.Pfeiffer will be hard to beat. I do not really want to see Jolie, I think there are other options out there. None come to mind at the moment.

MAD HATTER
robin-williams.jpg

Mr. FREEZE
tn2_christopher_lloyd_1.jpg

Did I call this thread title or what? :lol
Old prediction in my book. But I think that's all it is. They do know Depp would be a draw though. No doubt. And it could be a good movie with him.

That could work, I like that choice...but Freeze isnt for the Nolanverse,

Here's my take, this is all speculative B.S. or it's WB having talks, but I do not believe Nolan and his team are in any talks regarding a third film yet. All the interviews I've caught, Nolan needed to walk away from Begins after and move on, and I'm sure after TDK, especially how much bigger it is, he will also be taking sometime away before thinking about the next film, to which, there probably is no set plans for villains and story even, so the Riddler may not even be in it.

Here's my take, this is all speculative B.S. or it's WB having talks, but I do not believe Nolan and his team are in any talks regarding a third film yet. All the interviews I've caught, Nolan needed to walk away from Begins after and move on, and I'm sure after TDK, especially how much bigger it is, he will also be taking sometime away before thinking about the next film, to which, there probably is no set plans for villains and story even, so the Riddler may not even be in it.

Well I figured it was a load of crap but thought it would be a good read nonetheless. :toilet_cl

:banghead:banghead:duh:duh

Right, all of this is pure speculation, and I for one hope that it's not even close to what Nolan is thinking. Not everyone is enamored with Johnny Depp or Angelina Jolie. My problem-both of them run against the grain of what Nolan has casted before, actors that can disappear into the "role" of the character and not be out shined by their "celeb" status. Angelina and Johnny, whether through thier own fault or not, are overexposed.

We finally get 2 good Batman movies and now all the "experts" want all the Hollywood guest stars:banghead:duh

I believe there are plenty of good choices that we don't even know about. Lots of unknowns and little seen, "oh yeah where are they now" people to be cast!

You know Heath wasn't exactly an A list actor before Batman. His noteriety was Brokeback, but hardly a household name. Those are the actors I hope WB and Nolan stay away from!!!

:banghead:banghead:duh:duh

Right, all of this is pure speculation, and I for one hope that it's not even close to what Nolan is thinking. Not everyone is enamored with Johnny Depp or Angelina Jolie. My problem-both of them run against the grain of what Nolan has casted before, actors that can disappear into the "role" of the character and not be out shined by their "celeb" status. Angelina and Johnny, whether through thier own fault or not, are overexposed.

We finally get 2 good Batman movies and now all the "experts" want all the Hollywood guest stars:banghead:duh

I believe there are plenty of good choices that we don't even know about. Lots of unknowns and little seen, "oh yeah where are they now" people to be cast!

You know Heath wasn't exactly an A list actor before Batman. His noteriety was Brokeback, but hardly a household name. Those are the actors I hope WB and Nolan stay away from!!!

What would be so wrong with Depp playing the Riddler? :confused: If you ask me an actor like Depp is far to good to even work with a guy like Nolan, Nolan should be so lucky if Depp were to even play the role.

I know what you're saying about the "Big Ticketed" actors, I agree but you have to admit a guy like Depp (Whos really larger than life right now) would own the role. I would assume you are just seeing another "Forever" and "Batman and Robin.

"What would be so wrong with Depp playing the Riddler? If you ask me an actor like Depp is far to good to even work with a guy like Nolan, Nolan should be so lucky if Depp were to even play the role.

I know what you're saying about the "Big Ticketed" actors, I agree but you have to admit a guy like Depp (Whos really larger than life right now) would own the role. I would assume you are just seeing another "Forever" and "Batman and Robin."

Yep, thats what scares me. You said youself, Depp is bigger than life! It's just my opinion then, he becomes bigger than the character he's trying to portray. I happen to think it should be about the story/source material first and the actor second. Just logically ask yourself what are your a bigger fan of...Batman or Johnny Depp??? I ask with the utmost seriousness/honesty, not trying to diss what you enjoy. I have my own blind alliegences as well.

please no Agelina ..or Hoffman ..

Johnny Depp is good for the Riddler, but I'm doubting they'll go with that villian next. Bane is good!

I don't want Jolie soiling TDK. I honestly don't want to see Catwoman anytime soon.

I personally would love to see a CG version of Clay-Face! As long as they work him better than "that other company" did with The Sandman!

-CJK

Once again, he wouldnt work in the Nolanverse.

Guy Pearce as the Riddler sounds right... combine shades of John Doe from Seven and John Nash from Beautiful Mind and lets keep this franchise moving ahead.

Back