Casting rumors for next Batman movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dark Knight Sequel: Rachel Dawes is Catwoman??

These rumors are starting to get retarded. Nolan and Goyer both have already said that if they do a 3rd film the villians would DEFINITELY NOT be Catwoman or Penguin.

jeeez... we don't even know if Nowlan will sign on for a 3rd...

Sounds genuine imo. I dont think its such a bad idea and would certainly be in keeping with Nolans vision

I'd be ok if they never make another Batman movie. Leaves the franchise on an extremely high note.

F-ing WB and DC should reroute those resources for Superman and Wonder woman and the rest of the damn League.

jeeez... we don't even know if Nowlan will sign on for a 3rd...

This is true. Initially Nolan was only signed to do two films and an option to do a third, whether he'll exercise the option or not is in the air.

Moriarty’s BUZZKILL! Where Dumb Rumors Go To Die! BATMAN 3! Britney And Quentin! PLASTIC MAN!
Hey, everyone. “Moriarty” here.
You know, a good 2/3 of all stupid Internet movie rumors that gain any traction whatsoever could be stopped cold in their tracks if people would just think. I know it's Hollywood, but logic does still apply.

I’m not going to promise BUZZKILL as a regular column, but when the situation presents itself, maybe we should trot this one out from time to time.

First, let’s talk about BATMAN 3.

Or better yet, let’s not. For about a year. Since that’s the earliest you’ll hear anything that could remotely be called news about characters or casting or the script or anything. A year from now. Not next week. Not next month. It will be a while.

Christopher Nolan’s next film will not be about Batman. I think you can pretty much count on that. And until Christopher Nolan officially says, “I’m not making another Batman film,” no one else is going to. He is absolutely, 100% going to be given first refusal on the next film, and right now, that’s it. That’s all the news there is.

I repeat... so we’re clear... Christopher Nolan has not decided what to do next. And he is not signed to make another Batman film yet.

So that means no script. No story. No anything. No creative choices have been made about what to do with the next film. Right now, Warner Bros. is busy making party hats out of $1000 bills, counting all the silly, silly, silly DARK KNIGHT money they’re making, and that’s it.

When someone tells you Johnny Depp is “signed” to play The Riddler, feel free to laugh in their face.

When someone tells you Philip Seymour Hoffman is “signed” to play The Penguin, ask them if it’s just as true this time as it was when it was a DARK KNIGHT rumor two years ago. Then laugh in their face.

When someone tells you anything about Catwoman or recasting The Joker or Clayface or Man-Bat or Killer Croc or ANYTHING... just brush it off.

Because it’s not true. It’s just not. No matter how much you want it to be. No matter how many times it gets reprinted for no reason. No matter how many photoshopped “costume tests” start floating around.

It’s just not happening. Yet.

The only thing that is in stone is that Goyer has a treatment that he completed around the time of The Dark Knight as the conclusion to his trilogy. The thing is that Nolan rewrote most of what Goyer had so we aren't even that far.

The only thing that is in stone is that Goyer has a treatment that he completed around the time of The Dark Knight as the conclusion to his trilogy. The thing is that Nolan rewrote most of what Goyer had so we aren't even that far.

Yeah I believe that Goyer's plot had pt. III covering the trial of the Joker, during which he turned Harvey Dent into Two-Face.

Glad they didn't go that route considering what happened to Ledger

I can't believe you Guys read this internet BS. :lol

Nolan is so burned out right now he doesn't even want to think about Batman.

We're at least a year away from anything, people need to rest, they're drained right now and still need to sell this Monster Overseas and you guys are talking about Casting. Gimme a break, better yet, give them a break.

The only thing we know right now is the third installment will deal with redemption. The first theme was Fear. Second: Escalation. Third: Redemption

Recent rumors are that Nolan said somewhere he won't even consider doing a third Batman film until he handles another project first. So it might be longer than that.

I'll have nothing against the man if he doesn't pursue a third film. As far as I'm concerned, he has given us two of the most epic and imaginative superhero films of all time, and I couldn't be more pleased.

And, all these "casting rumors" are becoming ridiculous. :lol

Last edited:
I'll have nothing against the man if he doesn't pursue a third film. As far as I'm concerned, he has given us two of the most epic and imaginative superhero films of all time, and I couldn't be more pleased.

I would feel the exact same why had he not ended it the way he did.

Tie up some loose strings before you walk away at least...

I think the first "BIG NEWS" we'll hear is when/if Nolan signs on to a third Film -- and even that won't be for a while, maybe next year.

But my Guess is he will complete the Trilogy. In fact I think you can bet on it.

I'm guessing the next news we'll hear is how Warner Bros. just made Nolan the highest paid director in Hollywood for a 3rd installment. That will be at least a year away though. If I'm not mistaken I think Nolan was already playing around with a remake of "The Prisoner" for his next project.

There will be a third film regardless, Bale, Oldman, Freeman are all signed for a third. Hopefully it includes Nolan and he'll definitely have first pick whether he wants it or not but it will happen with or without him.

Like Bale has stated several times, a third one without Nolan just wouldn't be the same. You can guarantee that Nolan will remain coy, regardless.

There will be a third film regardless, Bale, Oldman, Freeman are all signed for a third. Hopefully it includes Nolan and he'll definitely have first pick whether he wants it or not but it will happen with or without him.

I'm pretty sure Oldman didn't sign on for more than one. If I remember correctly he didn't even want to do The Dark Knight and when recently asked about a 3rd and if he would return he said "I guess I'll have to."

Really. I remember reading in Variety I believe around BB that the deal for three included all major players including Oldman. Either way, something tells me that he'll have no issues being back for a 3rd.

Back